Obama's top three priorities

You really need to do more reading.

59% of U.S. doctors now favor universal healthcare....

US doctors support universal health care - survey | Reuters

Do they favor it because it's a better system, or because they have a much smaller chance of being sued for malpractice? I mean have you ever heard about the government being sued... hard to blame them for wanting it... What's surprising is that if it is such a great system why is only 59% for it?

Do they favor it because it's a better system, or because they have a much smaller chance of being sued for malpractice? I mean have you ever heard about the government being sued... hard to blame them for wanting it... What's surprising is that if it is such a great system why is only 59% for it?

One of the nice things about a single payer system is that people are less likely to sue because they are less likely to incure huge financial losses because of a medical mistake. Just one of the efficiencies of the single payer system.

One of the nice things about a single payer system is that people are less likely to sue because they are less likely to incure huge financial losses because of a medical mistake. Just one of the efficiencies of the single payer system.

what about when my favorite doctor quits because he is not going to take a pay cut? or just lets the quality of his practice go down the tubes?

also, who is going to goto school for 15 years to be a doctor, with major student loans and only make a sub-par government salary? i'll tell ya what, if were going to goto school for 15 years, it would be for rocket science or computer engineering or something of that nature so i could easily make an above average salary.

last and most importantly, i never want to see any of my paycheck support some lazy person who does not work because the government pays for them to live their life.

what about when my favorite doctor quits because he is not going to take a pay cut? or just lets the quality of his practice go down the tubes?

also, who is going to goto school for 15 years to be a doctor, with major student loans and only make a sub-par government salary? i'll tell ya what, if were going to goto school for 15 years, it would be for rocket science or computer engineering or something of that nature so i could easily make an above average salary.

last and most importantly, i never want to see any of my paycheck support some lazy person who does not work because the government pays for them to live their life.

Your paycheck already pays for emergency medical care for anyone who needs it, and emergency care is the most expensive form of healthcare. I guess you would be in favor of turning wounded and sick people away from emergency rooms if they don't have proof of insurance.

Every other Western democracy in the world has a single payer system, and they pay half per capita what we pay for healthcare, and provide excellent services.

Read this link....

Mythbusting Canadian Health Care -- Part I | OurFuture.org

you have posted this same exact statement, and exact link about 3 times. again i will answer with, what does canada have to do with the price of tea in china?

Every other Western democracy has a single payer system and they pay half per capita what we pay for healthcare and provide coverage and good services for everyone. Why? Because there are cost savings to a single payer system.

Our system is expensive, patchwork, bloated, and inefficient. By definition having 150 insurance companies and the government combined providing services leads to duplicate administration which drives costs up.

We already have universal healthcare because no one can be turned away from an emergency room in the United States. So our universal healthcare is way more expensive and way more inefficient than every other Western democracy.

1. Ending the war in Iraq
2. Developing American energy independence
3. Universal healthcare for all Americans

Works for me......

"My top priority as president will be ending this war in Iraq, a war that should have never been authorized and never been waged. In doing so, I will work to keep our country safe from terrorists and to restore American credibility around the world. Providing universal health care to the 47 million Americans who currently do not have it will be another top priority of my administration, as will combating global warming and putting our country on the path toward energy independence. But all of the issues that I have focused on in this campaign -- whether it's creating a 21st century education system and fighting poverty or achieving comprehensive immigration reform and strengthening our economy -- are vitally important and must be prioritized by the next president. And all of these issues share one thing in common: in order to fully address them, we have to do more than change political parties. We have to fundamentally change our politics and transform the way business is done in Washington."
What a difference a year makes.

Forum List

Back