Obama's top three priorities

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
1. Ending the war in Iraq
2. Developing American energy independence
3. Universal healthcare for all Americans

Works for me......

"My top priority as president will be ending this war in Iraq, a war that should have never been authorized and never been waged. In doing so, I will work to keep our country safe from terrorists and to restore American credibility around the world. Providing universal health care to the 47 million Americans who currently do not have it will be another top priority of my administration, as will combating global warming and putting our country on the path toward energy independence. But all of the issues that I have focused on in this campaign -- whether it's creating a 21st century education system and fighting poverty or achieving comprehensive immigration reform and strengthening our economy -- are vitally important and must be prioritized by the next president. And all of these issues share one thing in common: in order to fully address them, we have to do more than change political parties. We have to fundamentally change our politics and transform the way business is done in Washington."

Barack Obama on the Issues | Campaign 2008 | washingtonpost.com

Works for me......

"My top priority as president will be ending this war in Iraq, a war that should have never been authorized and never been waged. In doing so, I will work to keep our country safe from terrorists and to restore American credibility around the world. Providing universal health care to the 47 million Americans who currently do not have it will be another top priority of my administration, as will combating global warming and putting our country on the path toward energy independence. But all of the issues that I have focused on in this campaign -- whether it's creating a 21st century education system and fighting poverty or achieving comprehensive immigration reform and strengthening our economy -- are vitally important and must be prioritized by the next president. And all of these issues share one thing in common: in order to fully address them, we have to do more than change political parties. We have to fundamentally change our politics and transform the way business is done in Washington."

*snark*

How many Obama Points was that worth?

:razz:

We have to fundamentally change our politics and transform the way business is done in Washington."

Is there a politician who doesn't say this?

Every election cycle?

And could anything be more constant than "the way business is done in Washington"?

:confused: Priorities :confused:

I got some Presidential Campaign Slogans that are better than those!!! :slap:

:eek: Some of them never even made it to the WHITEHOUSE!! :eek:

1840 William Henry Harrison ... Tippecanoe and Tyler Too
1844 James K. Polk ... 54-40 or fight
1844 James K. Polk ... Reannexation of Texas and reoccupation of Oregon
1844 Henry Clay ... Who is James K. Polk?
1848 Zachary Taylor .... For President of the People
1856 John C. Fremont .... Free Soil, Free Labor, Free Speech, Free Men, and Fremont
1860 Abraham Lincoln .... Vote Yourself a Farm
1864 Abraham Lincoln .... Don't swap horses in the middle of the stream
1884 Grover Cleveland .... Blaine, Blaine, James G. Blaine, The Continental Liar from the State of Maine
1884 James Blaine .... Ma, Ma, Where’s my Pa, Gone to the White House, Ha, Ha, Ha
1888 Benjamin Harrison .... Rejuvenated Republicanism
1896 William McKinley .... Patriotism, Protection, and Prosperity
1900 William McKinley .... A Full Dinner Pail
1916 Woodrow Wilson .... He kept us out of war
1920 Warren G. Harding .... Return to normalcy
1920 Warren G. Harding .... Cox and Cocktails
1924 Calvin Coolidge .... Keep cool with Coolidge
1928 Herbert Hoover .... A chicken in every pot and a car in every garage
1952 Dwight Eisenhower .... I Like Ike
1956 Dwight Eisenhower .... Peace and Prosperity
1960 Richard Nixon .... For the future
1964 Lyndon B. Johnson .... The stakes are too high for you to stay at home
1964 Barry Goldwater .... In your heart you know he’s right
1968 Richard Nixon .... Nixon's the One
1976 Gerald Ford .... He’s making us proud again
1976 Jimmy Carter .... Not Just Peanuts
1976 Jimmy Carter .... A Leader, For a Change
1980 Ronald Reagan .... Are you better off than you were four years ago?
1984 Ronald Reagan .... It’s morning again in America
1984 Walter Mondale .... America Needs a Change
1988 George Bush ... Kinder, Gentler Nation
1992 Bill Clinton .... Don’t stop thinking about tomorrow
1992 Bill Clinton .... Putting People First
1992 Ross Perot .... Ross for Boss
1996 Bill Clinton.... Building a bridge to the 21st century
1996 Bob Dole .... The Better Man for a Better America
2000 Al Gore .... Prosperity and progress
2000 Al Gore .... Prosperity for America's families
2000 George W. Bush.... Compassionate conservatism
2000 George W. Bush .... Leave no child behind
2000 George W. Bush .... Real plans for real people
2000 George W. Bush .... Reformer with results
2000 Ralph Nader.... Government of, by, and for the people...not the monied interests
2004 John Kerry .... Let America be America Again
2004 George W. Bush .... Yes, America Can!

2008 Obama's :confused:
2008 McCains :confused:

Presidential Campaign Slogans

It is hard to knock down those goals with anything but insults.

You have my sympathies.

Works for me......

Well, it works for me too. With 2 sons recently joining the military, 1 in the Army and 1 in the Marines, they can't leave Iraq soon enough for me. We already had 1 son who did a tour and 1/2 in Iraq, thanks to the back door draft, and I'm not looking forward to possibly sending 2 more to fight in a war where we shouldn't have been in the first place as far as I'm concerned.

I'm all for energy independence. I'd be thrilled if anyone could at least put forth a good effort to accomplish it.

Being a baby boomer myself healthcare is a big issue also. I can deal with the minor aches and pains of getting older but if I were to pay out of pocket for a major illness I'd be screwed. Heathcare reform would be great start.

Well, it works for me too. With 2 sons recently joining the military, 1 in the Army and 1 in the Marines, they can't leave Iraq soon enough for me. We already had 1 son who did a tour and 1/2 in Iraq, thanks to the back door draft, and I'm not looking forward to possibly sending 2 more to fight in a war where we shouldn't have been in the first place as far as I'm concerned.

I'm all for energy independence. I'd be thrilled if anyone could at least put forth a good effort to accomplish it.

Being a baby boomer myself healthcare is a big issue also. I can deal with the minor aches and pains of getting older but if I were to pay out of pocket for a major illness I'd be screwed. Heathcare reform would be great start.

These three priorities will save us a ton of money.

$200 billion dollars a year saved, if we pull out of Iraq.

$200 billion dollars a year saved, if we have universal healthcare.

And the entire country saved if we become energy independent.

Last edited:
These three priorities will save us a ton of money.

$200 billion dollars a year saved, if we pull out of Iraq.

$200 billion dollars a year saved, if we have universal healthcare.

And the entire country saved if we become energy independent.

how much does it cost when a plane crashes into nyc?

how much does it cost when doctors quit because they are not going to work because they are making half what they used to make?

how much does it cost when my pay check goes to people who don't work?

how much does it cost to drill our own oil?

Last edited:

how much does it cost when doctors quit because they are not going to work because they are making half what they used to make?

You really need to do more reading.

59% of U.S. doctors now favor universal healthcare....

US doctors support universal health care - survey | Reuters

Republicans are pussies. A group of guys in a cave in Pakistan with no army, no navy, and no air force is not a real threat to a country of 300 million people.

How much does it cost to drill your own oil? A lot more than it costs to check the air in your tires. Obama was dead on in talking about fuel conservation. Republicans won't talk about fuel conservation because it hurts their oil company butt buddies.

Pay checks going to people who won't work? I assume you mean welfare. I am against welfare, both corporate and individual.

Republicans are pussies. A group of guys in a cave in Pakistan with no army, no navy, and no air force is not a real threat to a country of 300 million people.

How much does it cost to drill your own oil? A lot more than it costs to check the air in your tires. Obama was dead on in talking about fuel conservation. Republicans won't talk about fuel conservation because it hurts their oil company butt buddies.

Pay checks going to people who won't work? I assume you mean welfare. I am against welfare, both corporate and individual.

how did the 9/11 attacks happen then?

again do the math(which i'm sure you are blind to), you can save a lot more by drilling then getting the pressure gauge out.

no i'm refering to barack hussein obama's tax proposition. let me blow my salary on the horse races and i'm in "need" too.

how did the 9/11 attacks happen then?

again do the math(which i'm sure you are blind to), you can save a lot more by drilling then getting the pressure gauge out.

no i'm refering to barack hussein obama's tax proposition. let me blow my salary on the horse races and i'm in "need" too.

Bin Laden said his goal was to "bankrupt America." Bush's huge deficits are helping Bin Laden accomplish his goal.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

I saw McCain on television the other day agreeing with Obama about how much gas we could save by inflating our tires. I think he said about 3%. Conservation and fuel efficiency requirement for cars will help a lot. But we need to develop solar power, wind power, and algae based ethanol. The technology is there, but the oil companies own the politicians.

Bin Laden said his goal was to "bankrupt America." Bush's huge deficits are helping Bin Laden accomplish his goal.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

I saw McCain on television the other day agreeing with Obama about how much gas we could save by inflating our tires. I think he said about 3%. Conservation and fuel efficiency requirement for cars will help a lot. But we need to develop solar power, wind power, and algae based ethanol. The technology is there, but the oil companies own the politicians.

i like your effort, but why does bin laden support barack hussein obama over john mccain?

i like your effort, but why does bin laden support barack hussein obama over john mccain?

Who cares? Does Bin Laden get to vote?

Which candidate can achieve the goals that are important for America?

A 72 year old man on 5 different medications who sold his soul to George Bush, or a young man who has already captivated the world before even being elected?

Who cares? Does Bin Laden get to vote?

Which candidate can achieve the goals that are important for America?

A 72 year old man on 5 different medications who sold his soul to George Bush, or a young man who has already captivated the world before even being elected?

paris hilton captivates the world, does that mean she should run for office?

bush is aweful, and i never voted for him.
but thanks for dodging the question.

What question?

Oh, you mean the character assassination campaign ad that McCain ran that has nothing to do with the issues.

Bringing the troops home, American energy independence, and universal healthcare, that's what's important. That's what Obama is trying to accomplish, and the Republicans are talking about Paris Hilton!

Doesn't that just say it all about who should be leading this country? The party talking about serious issues or the one talking about Paris Hilton?

What question?

Oh, you mean the character assassination campaign ad that McCain ran that has nothing to do with the issues.

Bringing the troops home, American energy independence, and universal healthcare, that's what's important. That's what Obama is trying to accomplish, and the Republicans are talking about Paris Hilton!

Doesn't that just say it all about who should be leading this country? The party talking about serious issues or the one talking about Paris Hilton?

serious issues, yes. barack hussein obama's take on them, substanceless. all i see is my hard earned money going into your pocket mr. kirk.

Forum List

Back