obamas tin ear

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
It's merely idle speculation, but this is one of those moments when Barack Obama misses Rahm Emanuel, who once held the role as the first, uh, chop buster in the White House.

Imagine sitting around the Oval Office discussing presidential travel plans and someone says: "Hey, I've got a great idea. Let's have the president travel to the Midwest for several days talking to people about jobs, their struggles with unemployment and basically how fouled-up everything is and then POTUS can leave for his vacation on a 28-acre compound in tony Martha's Vineyard."

Plan B for Obama family vacation - St. Petersburg Times

Hey Del, stop picking on POTUS. He said he would not rest until the economy was fixed. It's fixed. Well, when I say 'fixed', it's a temporary hold - duct tape and a prayer - until he can get a grown up to come fix it for real. ETA for the grown up is Nov 2012.

It's merely idle speculation, but this is one of those moments when Barack Obama misses Rahm Emanuel, who once held the role as the first, uh, chop buster in the White House.

Imagine sitting around the Oval Office discussing presidential travel plans and someone says: "Hey, I've got a great idea. Let's have the president travel to the Midwest for several days talking to people about jobs, their struggles with unemployment and basically how fouled-up everything is and then POTUS can leave for his vacation on a 28-acre compound in tony Martha's Vineyard."

damn, del. you sick or something?

• Banned

damn, del. you sick or something?

nope.

yes, I see your point.

well the latest announcement of his ballyhooed on the some of the msm circuit ( and fox) was ior is hes going to give a big speech laying out his jobs plan in Sept. ....ok. well, he did that in;

april 2009
sept. 2009
Jan. 2010 ( the pivot to jobs)
sept 2010 ( after recovery summer)
Feb 2011

*shrugs* so, why wait? till he comes back from vacation?

he can before he goes drop off a budget for 2012 to cbo to get scored, he can drop off at cbo the medicare funding bill he owes...and maybe his plan for jobs too, so when he comes back its scored and he can speak to it using the numbers he gives cbo and what they have returned to speak to his points....if he headed to camp david for a stay-cation working vacation, I think people would see that as something of a sacrifice(?)

and if its true as has been surfaced by the media, that this Bus trip was to take some of the luster of and take back some ground from the reps and the Straw poll, Perry getting in and their intense messaging, as you infer, going on vacation is just going to seed that ground right back.

Last edited:
yes, I see your point.

well the latest announcement of his ballyhooed on the some of the msm circuit ( and fox) was ior is hes going to give a big speech laying out his jobs plan in Sept. ....ok. well, he did that in;

april 2009
sept. 2009
Jan. 2010 ( the pivot to jobs)
sept 2010 ( after recovery summer)
Feb 2011

*shrugs* so, why wait? till he comes back from vacation?

he can before he goes drop off a budget for 2012 to cbo to get scored, he can drop off at cbo the medicare funding bill he owes...and maybe his plan for jobs too, so when he comes back its scored and he can speak to it using the numbers he gives cbo and what they have returned to speak to his points....if he headed to camp david for a stay-cation working vacation, I think people would see that as something of a sacrifice(?)

You know it will not be scored. Unless of course he can use the SAVED JOBS category in scoring.

Forum List

Back