Obama's Suck-Holes Unions, again

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Not that anyone didn't expect this but the Obama health care debacle has laid plans to suck-hole the unions and screw everyone else. This seems fair to the Democratic Congressmen and their loyal subjects, damn where's your limit? Yet another campaign promise broken by Obama and the Democratic Party, kowtowing to special interests.....SWEET HEART DEALS.. honestly this, pisses me off.
-------------------------
As I first reported yesterday, one idea gaining traction in negotiations between Congressional leaders, union officials, and the White House is that collectively bargained benefit plans could be exempted from the tax. According to Rep. Robert Andrews (D-NJ), who chairs the health subcommittee of the House Education and Labor Committee, that could be enough to build a majority for health care reform.

“It would be a way to lessen impact of the so-called excise tax,” Andrews said. “I think we could build a consensus around that idea–a majority around that idea.”

If unions take this “deal,” if the labor movement decides to fold and exempt themselves from the excise tax, they fulfill one of the worst of stereotypes of labor unions: blind self interest. By abandoning the nonunion middle class and protecting only their own, the labor movement is throwing any hope of future relevancy out the window.

Work in Progress » Union Exemption from Excise Tax is a Bad, Bad Idea
------------------------
:dig:

I heard that unions and federal workers won't have to pay the health care tax.

Now ain't that something?

Good old Barry - lets divide the nation up even more!

The DC swamp has grown far more murky since his arrival...

Not that anyone didn't expect this but the Obama health care debacle has laid plans to suck-hole the unions and screw everyone else. This seems fair to the Democratic Congressmen and their loyal subjects, damn where's your limit? Yet another campaign promise broken by Obama and the Democratic Party, kowtowing to special interests.....SWEET HEART DEALS.. honestly this, pisses me off.
As I first reported yesterday, one idea gaining traction in negotiations between Congressional leaders, union officials, and the White House is that collectively bargained benefit plans could be exempted from the tax. According to Rep. Robert Andrews (D-NJ), who chairs the health subcommittee of the House Education and Labor Committee, that could be enough to build a majority for health care reform.

“It would be a way to lessen impact of the so-called excise tax,” Andrews said. “I think we could build a consensus around that idea–a majority around that idea.”

If unions take this “deal,” if the labor movement decides to fold and exempt themselves from the excise tax, they fulfill one of the worst of stereotypes of labor unions: blind self interest. By abandoning the nonunion middle class and protecting only their own, the labor movement is throwing any hope of future relevancy out the window.

------------------------

Excellent.

I seem to recall that Obama ran on the platform of:

"Changing the way we do things in Washington"

Exactly what has changed in Washington?

Anyone?

I seem to recall that Obama ran on the platform of:

"Changing the way we do things in Washington"

Exactly what has changed in Washington?

Anyone?

The only change I have seen has been change for the MUCH, MUCH WORSE!!!!

Bush- I miss ya.:eusa_pray:

------------------------

Excellent.

Yes it is a bad, bad idea, but so was the Lousianna Purchase, the Corn husker kickback and the deal that was made to Floridians who are the ONLY ones who get to keep their medicaid advantage plans.

Is it constitutional to levy a tax on one segment of the population, while exempting another for no other reason than being a member of a union?

That just doesn't seem right or fair too me.

I guess the assumption is that if your not in a job club aka union, you don't really work? Retard.

So small business owners and their employees are not "working people"???

Yeah - how "liberal" of you to think so...

Small business owners do not provide their employees with top medical coverage, many unions negotiate such a benefit for their members.

You stated the Obama Union deal was a victory for the working man.

So small business owners and their employees are not working people?

You are aware union workers make up a small percentage of the overall work force, correct? So America as a whole is not made up of working people then?

You appear lost in overt partisan excusism that is offensive to the vast majority of American Workers...

Does anyone think only one union or group will be included? Do you know how much the teacher's unions gave? Well folks, that would be public school teachers. Those that make double or more than private school teachers.

However, the one financial benefit of teaching in private schools has been insurance. Guess what? We're screwed, while those making over 2X our salaries, paid for by taxpayers, will be exempt, we'll be paying the penalties.

wow. I love it, but where are the repukes,- other than saying NO, it's also a fact the if a public option were to pass, the whole fucking congress exempted themselves, dems and repukes alike, muck like they did when they took themselve out of the SS plan, talk about a Cadilac plan they surer as fuck have one

Small business owners do not provide their employees with top medical coverage, many unions negotiate such a benefit for their members.

You stated the Obama Union deal was a victory for the working man.

So small business owners and their employees are not working people?

You are aware union workers make up a small percentage of the overall work force, correct? So America as a whole is not made up of working people then?

You appear lost in overt partisan excusism that is offensive to the vast majority of American Workers...

See it will go like this, just as unions brought the working man(union and non union) the 40 hour work week and time and a half overtime pay this too will trickle down to the non union workers who work for a company that provides them with a top of the line health plan, that is if you can find any.

Forum List

Back