Obama's success in Israeli peace process

mdn2000

Rookie
Sep 27, 2009
conservative hell california
A coup for Obama will be anything substantial he brings to the peace process in Israel. Can Obama trade weapons for a historic presidential coup. A two state solution accepted by Hamas and the current Israeli government.

I personally think its a huge mistake to make a new country in the Middle East, all the other countries are horrendous failures when it comes to human rights and the distribution of oil profits. The new state of Palestine has no oil, no reserves of minerals, no water, no economy. On top of these problems the new state will most likely have to make deals with other nations who have never accepted the existence of Israel. Will Iran, Saudi Arabia, and the other Arab states accept Israel, will they accept Obama's settlement or will another military settlement come in the future.

I think history shows that the problems of the USA interfering in the Middle East are always unforeseen at the time.

The Price of Success - By Aaron David Miller | Foreign Policy

The Price of Success
Obama just scored a rare, if minor, breakthrough on Middle East peace. Now comes the hard part.

BY AARON DAVID MILLER | NOVEMBER 15, 2010

After 20 months, Barack Obama's administration may be close to injecting some much-needed stability into the on-again, off-again Israeli-Palestinian peace process. The deal concluded last week in New York between Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu -- if it gets through the Israeli cabinet and the Palestinians -- should allow the negotiations to resume in the wake of a three-month moratorium on settlements. But as I've written before, the administration shouldn't pray for anything it really doesn't want and isn't prepared for. The upcoming challenges will severely test a president and secretary of state who badly need a foreign-policy success.

More...
First, the good news. Any advance in the excruciatingly painful world of Arab-Israeli negotiations is significant. The Obama administration deserves much credit for keeping the Israelis, Palestinians, and key Arab states on board during some very tough times. The U.S. president has seized on this issue and isn't giving up -- a central requirement for success.

The extension of the settlement moratorium will allow the administration to shift focus from settlements (where it had no chance to succeed) to the substance of the negotiations (where it must go if it wants an Israeli-Palestinian agreement). And make no mistake, an agreement on borders and security would be a huge success in the negotiations and restore faith in both the credibility of the negotiating process and in America's diplomatic skills

I don't know.. .the Israel/Egypt peace is still pretty successful.

of course, Egyptians weren't terrorists.

But we'll see. I doubt Hamas wants any resolution. They're out of business if there is.

The Price of Success
Obama just scored a rare, if minor, breakthrough on Middle East peace. Now comes the hard part.

BY AARON DAVID MILLER | NOVEMBER 15, 2010

After 20 months, Barack Obama's administration may be close to injecting some much-needed stability into the on-again, off-again Israeli-Palestinian peace process. The deal concluded last week in New York between Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu -- if it gets through the Israeli cabinet and the Palestinians -- should allow the negotiations to resume in the wake of a three-month moratorium on settlements. But as I've written before, the administration shouldn't pray for anything it really doesn't want and isn't prepared for. The upcoming challenges will severely test a president and secretary of state who badly need a foreign-policy success.

More...
First, the good news. Any advance in the excruciatingly painful world of Arab-Israeli negotiations is significant. The Obama administration deserves much credit for keeping the Israelis, Palestinians, and key Arab states on board during some very tough times. The U.S. president has seized on this issue and isn't giving up -- a central requirement for success.

The extension of the settlement moratorium will allow the administration to shift focus from settlements (where it had no chance to succeed) to the substance of the negotiations (where it must go if it wants an Israeli-Palestinian agreement). And make no mistake, an agreement on borders and security would be a huge success in the negotiations and restore faith in both the credibility of the negotiating process and in America's diplomatic skills

I think it needs to be said that if obama had not out of nowhere decided to make a settlement freeze a precursor to not part of negotiations as they always had been, we would have gotten down to the actual negotiations in earnest a year and a half ago.

Netanyahu stretched and went along, got zero credit for it while giving Abbas something for exactly nothing. back to square one.

• Banned
I am not sure what will happen, I think its interesting to point out that if something does happen Obama gets all the credit, as long as it succeeds. Can we say any death after a peace process belongs to Obama. That may be a stretch but if there is any major terror acts then the process was a failure.

I think its an impossibility, dividing Israel into two states is a mistake.

Only time will tell.

I don't know.. .the Israel/Egypt peace is still pretty successful.

of course, Egyptians weren't terrorists.

But we'll see. I doubt Hamas wants any resolution. They're out of business if there is.

Part of the peace with Egypt was that Israel withdraw from Egypt. The Palestinians would accept such a deal.

I am not sure what will happen, I think its interesting to point out that if something does happen Obama gets all the credit, as long as it succeeds. Can we say any death after a peace process belongs to Obama. That may be a stretch but if there is any major terror acts then the process was a failure.

Only time will tell.

Don't worry. The peace process is designed to fail, and it will.

It didn't work the last four times so lets do the same thing again.:cuckoo:

• Banned

Only time will tell.

I once read, and dont remember where, that the reason they divided the Middle East was so that there would always be fighting hence the Middle East would always need Britain and France to keep the peace. I say Britain and France taking it back to the League of Nations and such and such treaty or meeting that drew the lines on the defeated Ottoman empire.

One thing despite what one thinks of the Ottoman empire, they kept the Arab world together a long time, five hundred years, they only lost control towards the end. Maybe Arabs are better off being the a part of a bigger empire, but still that sunni-shia-whabbi thing always is another problem.

History is Arab tribe fighting Arab tribe.

Jordan seems silent.

Only time will tell.

This is why the peace process fails, dummy...
"Oh, Allah, Kill All Jews"
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7rls9eRKyo[/ame]

There are two thing you never hear in the peace talks: justice and international law. The Palestinians have consistently called for justice and a peace agreement based on international law. Those who propose fake peace talks avoid these things.

There are two thing you never hear in the peace talks: justice and international law. The Palestinians have consistently called for justice and a peace agreement based on international law. Those who propose fake peace talks avoid these things.

Pallies are in flagrant violation of international law in supporting terrorism, clown.

"Oh, Allah, Kill All Jews And Americans"
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7rls9eRKyo[/ame]

Jews are the only Palestinians since the Romans renamed Judea, land of the Jews, Palestine 1500 years after Jews lived in Judea and 500 years before Muslims lived there.

Middle East historian Bernard Lewis...
Official Roman usage of the name Palestine to designate the area of the former Jewish kingdom seems to date from after the Jewish risings and their suppression. The Emperor Hadrian made a determined attempt to stamp out the embers not only of the revolt but of Jewish nationahood and statehood.
It would seem that the name Judaea was abolished at the same time as Jerusalem and the country renamed Palestina or Syria-Palestina with the same intention to obliterate its historic Jewish identity.

Even Arabs know Palestinians are bogus.
Former PLO Leader Zuheir Mohsen...
The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct Palestinian people to oppose Zionism.
Zuheir Mohsen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is no such thing as international law. It is not feasible.

-SporK

-SporK

There is no such thing as peace with Muslims.

Ongoing genocide in Darfur and southern Sudan, 4 million killed
Muslims slaughter 60 Christians in church in Iraq.
Iran Iraq War, 1 million dead
Lebanese Civil War, 250,000 dead
Algerian Civl War: 300,000 dead
Bangladesh Civil War: 500,000 dead
Yemen Civil Wars
Iraq invades Kuwait
Kuwait expels 400,000 Palestinians
Black Sept., Jordan's King Hussein murders, expells 80,000 Palestinians
Syrian army kills 20,000 Syrians at Hama
Iraq gases Kurds
300 US Marines killed in Beirut
1400 year conflict between Sunnis and Shiites
Fratricide between Hamas and Fatah
Syria/Hizballah assassinate Lebanese PM Rafik Hariri

Alexis de Toqueville...
Istudied the Koran a great deal. I came away from that study with the conviction there have been few religions in the world as deadly to men as that of Muhammad. So far as I can see, it is the principal cause of the decadence so visible today in the Muslim world and, though less absurd than the polytheism of old, its social and political tendencies are in my opinion to be feared, and I therefore regard it as a form of decadence rather than a form of progress in relation to paganism itself.

Winston Churchill...

How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy.

The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live.

A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it.

No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/River-War-Sir-Winston-Churchill/dp/1598184253/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288411221&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: The River War (9781598184259): Sir Winston S. Churchill: Books: Reviews, Prices & more[/ame]

-SporK

It is feasible if enough people demand it.

Several Israeli officials have already limited travel for fear of arrest warrants.

Two problems in the Middle East, extending into Israel. Inequity amongst tribes is one. The religion is fractured maybe beyond repair. Three factions of Islam, Shia, Sunni, and Wahabbi/Sunni, each opposed to the other, murderously. On top of that blood feuds amongst tribes, and some Nations built upon a specific tribe, Saud tribe Saudi Arabia, Rasheed tribe Iraq, its not to complicated but a bit convulted.

To fix it in the short term a stronger power would have to kick someones ass, maybe that is why we need to win in Iraq and Afghanistan. If we win what does that say about Allah, how can the Moslems reconcile the defeat of Allah by Christians.

Define the fight as not being against Islam and allow Islam to continue, fractured, spawning an endless minority of terrorist.

Political correctness and appeasement of Islam is the only problem in the Middle East

-SporK

The League of Nations unanimously demanded the reestablishment of the Jewish homeland in "Palestine" when it created law in the form of the binding Palestine Mandate.

League of Nations...
Whereas recognition has thereby been given to the historical connection of the Jewish people with Palestine and to the grounds for reconstituting their national home in that country

Now, even you know.

-SporK

Several Israeli officials have already limited travel for fear of arrest warrants.

Unfortunately this is becoming reality.

Forum List

Back