Obama's student loans paid off 2004

President Barack Obama, courting young voters crucial to his reelection, told a rowdy college-age crowd at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill on Tuesday that he knows first-hand about the burden of student loans because he only managed to pay his back a scant eight years ago.

"Michelle and I, we've been in your shoes," Obama, who turns 51 in August, told a cheering, capacity crowd of 8,000 at Carmichael Arena.

"Check this out, all right. I'm the president of the United States. We only finished paying off our student loans off about eight years ago. That wasn't that long ago. And that wasn't easy--especially because when we had Malia and Sasha, we're supposed to be saving up for their college educations, and we're still paying off our college educations," he said.
Obama: I only paid off my student loans eight years ago - ABC News

Are we still trying to say Romney and Obama are comparable, from an economic background standpoint?

IS there a point here? Does the fact that he waited until he was able to use Michelle to scam some extra money out of a hospital before he paid off his loans prove something?

Forum List

Back