Obama's student loans paid off 2004

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
President Barack Obama, courting young voters crucial to his reelection, told a rowdy college-age crowd at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill on Tuesday that he knows first-hand about the burden of student loans because he only managed to pay his back a scant eight years ago.

"Michelle and I, we've been in your shoes," Obama, who turns 51 in August, told a cheering, capacity crowd of 8,000 at Carmichael Arena.

"Check this out, all right. I'm the president of the United States. We only finished paying off our student loans off about eight years ago. That wasn't that long ago. And that wasn't easy--especially because when we had Malia and Sasha, we're supposed to be saving up for their college educations, and we're still paying off our college educations," he said.

Obama: I only paid off my student loans eight years ago - ABC News

Are we still trying to say Romney and Obama are comparable, from an economic background standpoint?

The only thing we know for certain that Obama wrote with his own hand past the age of 14 is: " Thanks tut gramps Choom Gang and Ray for all the good times"

tumblr_kukp9iFvv91qzmh7vo1_400.jpg
ing

Colorado Peak Politics:: CHECK YOUR RECORD: Obama Skipped Votes On Student Loan Bill He Is Campaigning On In Boulder Today

In 2007, then-Illinois Sen. Barack Obama missed two votes on the student loan interest bill that he now wants Congress to extend.

Obama twice skipped the Senate vote on the College Cost Reduction and Access Act when the bill came to the Senate floor first in July and again in September of 2007, according to public records.

The bill, introduced by Rep. George Miller (D-Calif.) and signed into law by President George W. Bush, first cleared the Senate in July on a 78 to 18 vote, with Obama as one of only four senators to abstain. Obama did not cast a vote again in September, after the House and Senate had ironed out different versions of the bill. He was on the conference committee assigned to merge the House and Senate versions of the bill.

President Barack Obama, courting young voters crucial to his reelection, told a rowdy college-age crowd at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill on Tuesday that he knows first-hand about the burden of student loans because he only managed to pay his back a scant eight years ago.

"Michelle and I, we've been in your shoes," Obama, who turns 51 in August, told a cheering, capacity crowd of 8,000 at Carmichael Arena.

"Check this out, all right. I'm the president of the United States. We only finished paying off our student loans off about eight years ago. That wasn't that long ago. And that wasn't easy--especially because when we had Malia and Sasha, we're supposed to be saving up for their college educations, and we're still paying off our college educations," he said.

Are we still trying to say Romney and Obama are comparable, from an economic background standpoint?

When paying, he's like every liberal, talks a big game, but pays the absolute minimum.

Does a Black fatherless man, one who was raised in the middle class, and who had to borrow money to go to college, and one who then became President of the United States, bring to the table a somewhat different POV than somebody who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, who has never ever had to even think about the cost of things, one who was, and always will be wealthy?

Gee, kids, this isn't too difficult to answer I think.

The answer is: of course.

Does a Black fatherless man, one who was raised in the middle class, and who had to borrow money to go to college, and one who then became President of the United States, bring to the table a somewhat different POV than somebody who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, who has never ever had to even think about the cost of things, one who was, and always will be wealthy?

Oh great, we should re-elect the most worthless President to ever sit in the office because he had such hard times growing up with middle-class white folk, and had to deal with paying off loans for going to Harvard. Cry us a river.

I don't think many Americans give a flying flip about the background of either candidate, they just want someone who can fix the economy. That obviously isn't Obama, he's proven it.

Oh great, we should re-elect the most worthless President to ever sit in the office because he had such hard times growing up with middle-class white folk, and had to deal with paying off loans for going to Harvard. Cry us a river.

I don't think many Americans give a flying flip about the background of either candidate, they just want someone who can fix the economy. That obviously isn't Obama, he's proven it.

And when you have to twist the truth to make a point, it ceases to BE the truth.

And when you have to twist the truth to make a point, it ceases to BE the truth.

I'll strive to be more non-partisan like you enlightened libs.

I forgot you all protested the nomination of John Kerry because he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and therefore in no way could connect to middle class Americans.

I forgot you all protested the nomination of John Kerry because he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and therefore in no way could connect to middle class Americans.

The subject of this thread - do you see it? Do you see it's about Obama? Did you see the context in which I spoke? You want to change the subject, be my guest. Then I'll know you can't win the discussion at hand.

Last edited:

Of course they are different. Obama is wealthy and Romney is very wealthy. So?

Does the child of a self made man know the value of hard work and sacrifice? I would say, based on personal experience, absolutely yes. Romney's dad went from selling paint from the back of his car to running one of the biggest car companies in the country. That's a self made man. People who work hard for their money tend to raise their kids with their values. And those values include knowing the value of a dollar.

And... can I just say... it's no wonder that Obama doesn't see the national debt as a huge problem... it took him long enough to pay his own fucking debts.

Last edited:

Does the child of a self made man know the value of hard work and sacrifice? I would say, based on personal experience, absolutely yes. Romney's dad went from selling paint from the back of his car to running one of the biggest car companies in the country. That's a self made man. People who work hard for their money tend to raise their kids with their values. And those values include knowing the value of a dollar.

And... can I just say... it's no wonder that Obama doesn't see the national debt as a huge problem... it took him long enough to pay his own fucking debts.
Hey. Cocaine is spendy up'ar. Read his book.

I did.

And if he ran again, I would object to him for that (among other) reasons again.

Forum List

Back