Obama's Speech Transcript

Here is a link with a link to the transcript itself when it is available today.

‘Obama School Speech’ transcript to be made available today

I apologize to those I told that the speech would be available yesterday. The source I saw on Fri nite said it would be ready in 2 days....to me, that meant Sunday.

So, keep checking the link for the speech when it is ready and we can discuss the content, not conjecture.

Thanks. Just finished reading it. If this is the actual speech then I don't have a clue what the right-wing is having a problem with. No indoctrinating subliminal phrases, words or statements and no overt indoctrinating phrases, words or statements. Oh I forgot, the objection is pure partisan bull.

Agreed - good speech focused on the merits of hard work and eventual rewards.

Very conservative ideals.

Perhaps this signals Obama's move to the political center?

Hopefully so...

And yes, I am certain this is not the original speech planned - a quick revision quite likely took place...

Mr Sinatra....

You spent the last three days calling schools and urging them not to play the speech. Are you going to call them back and say......Nevermind

No need!

I am quite certain my efforts, and many others, played the proper role in getting this administration's attention and backtracking from what was the original intent.

As such, it was a successful campaign - and more is to come.

There is going to be some interesting news breaking in the next week or so...

How can he sign off with "God Bless America" when in 8 months he STILL hasn't found a suitable Black Separatist Church to replace Rev. Wright and he's yet to say anything good about America?
He can't say anything good about America, PERIOD. REMEMBER? "CHANGE"...

Thought so...that speech had too many big words for you, didn't it?

Hopefully so...

And yes, I am certain this is not the original speech planned - a quick revision quite likely took place...

Mr Sinatra....

You spent the last three days calling schools and urging them not to play the speech. Are you going to call them back and say......Nevermind

No need!

I am quite certain my efforts, and many others, played the proper role in getting this administration's attention and backtracking from what was the original intent.

And what was the original intent? and what is your proof?

Hopefully so...

Mr Sinatra....

No need!

Nice attempt at revisionist history..

When humiliated for your over reaction and petty drama..

You pull a Pee Wee Herman......I meant to do that!

I am quite certain my efforts, and many others, played the proper role in getting this administration's attention

Lets see what you accomplished
You took a minor speech that would have normally gotten no more attention than a Super Market Grand Opening speech and turned it into a national bellwhether
You gained the Obama administration additional recognition for the exceptional speech President Obama put together
You drew additional attention to the petty, overly dramatic, doom and gloom right wing.
You got America asking....."What the hell were they thinking?"

Mission Accomplished!

I am quite certain my efforts, and many others, played the proper role in getting this administration's attention

You took a minor speech that would have normally gotten no more attention than a Super Market Grand Opening speech and turned it into a national bellwhether
You gained the Obama administration additional recognition for the exceptional speech President Obama put together
You drew additional attention to the petty, overly dramatic, doom and gloom right wing.

Mission Accomplished!

Yes, a "minor" speech was turned into yet another White House misstep. The most recent polling as of one hour ago shows another drop in the Obama approval rating, this time a 5 point drop over polling from last week. This is a combination of the school speech debacle, as well as the Van Jones debacle, and the ever growing distrust of this administration.

Now Obama will give the speech, and it will prove a non issue, but that will not be a victory, as nobody will pay attention beyond the 24 hour news cycle, and there is more news coming down the pike within the week that will have Obama on his heels yet again.

I understand your frustration as an Obama supporter - it has been a very tough month for you. This will be the time for the president to either learn from his many errors of late, and refocus, or continue to slide further down into repeated political chaos...

Hopefully so...

Mr Sinatra....

No need!

too funny

the easily predictable rightwing spin is that the administration had some sort of uber-partisan brainwash laden speech prepared but only owing to the courageous efforts of conservatives was it rewritten to what it is now.

delusion, the favorite hobby of the losing side.

Mission Accomplished!

Yes, a "minor" speech was turned into yet another White House misstep. The most recent polling as of one hour ago shows another drop in the Obama approval rating, this time a 5 point drop over polling from last week. This is a combination of the school speech debacle, as well as the Van Jones debacle, and the ever growing distrust of this administration.

Now Obama will give the speech, and it will prove a non issue, but that will not be a victory, as nobody will pay attention beyond the 24 hour news cycle, and there is more news coming down the pike within the week that will have Obama on his heels yet again.

I understand your frustration as an Obama supporter - it has been a very tough month for you. This will be the time for the president to either learn from his many errors of late, and refocus, or continue to slide further down into repeated political chaos...

Once again the republicans end up humiliated on another issue of their creation. Regardless of the polls...Obama gets to run against a republican

It doesn't get any easier than that. republicans have done nothing to regain the publics support. Incidents like this silly school speech temper tantrum only reinforces the public view of the once grand now just old party

Mission Accomplished!

The minor speech has been edited by the Obama team. For some reason he is leaving out the part where the children should find a way to serve the presidency. Serve...the...presidency....here I thought the presidency was to serve the people, am I mistaken?
Obama's choices in his administration is really coming back to haunt him with the radical people he has associated himself with....including a self proclaimed communist that had access to the Whitehouse. It's getting to the point where he can run, but he can't hide any longer.

Mission Accomplished!

The minor speech has been edited by the Obama team. For some reason he is leaving out the part where the children should find a way to serve the presidency. Serve...the...presidency....here I thought the presidency was to serve the people, am I mistaken?
Obama's choices in his administration is really coming back to haunt him with the radical people he has associated himself with....including a self proclaimed communist that had access to the Whitehouse. It's getting to the point where he can run, but he can't hide any longer.
Yeah, I'm really sad where he left out the part that they should commit to communism as well.

Do you people ever think? Really?

Mission Accomplished!

More republican spin......oh yea ...we made him make a good speech

This speech is consistent with others Obama has given...no new ground

The republican temper tantrum turned it into an event

Thanks for the help boys....clueless as usual

Mission Accomplished!

Once again the republicans end up humiliated on another issue of their creation. Regardless of the polls...Obama gets to run against a republican

It doesn't get any easier than that. republicans have done nothing to regain the publics support. Incidents like this silly school speech temper tantrum only reinforces the public view of the once grand now just old party

And yet Republicans have widened their lead in the generic Congressional ballot poll - the largest gap between the two parties in years.

Ouch!

Generic Congressional Ballot - Rasmussen Reports™

Also, a majority of Americans polled indicate Congress is too liberal - with an even greater majority of Independents stating Congress is too liberal.

Ouch.

51% Say Congress is Too Liberal, 22% Say It’s Too Conservative - Rasmussen Reports™

At any rate - stay tuned in the coming week(s).

Obama's tribulations are far from over...

More republican spin......oh yea ...we made him make a good speech

This speech is consistent with others Obama has given...no new ground

The republican temper tantrum turned it into an event

Thanks for the help boys....clueless as usual
Republican spin my ass....your doing the democratic 2 step.....it wasn't the republicans, it was the media who got the heads up....but if you want to keep blaming the republicans go ahead.....were used to your blame game. He was forced to change the speech...that is for certain...ya know it was "damage control". :lol:

And yet Republicans have widened their lead in the generic Congressional ballot poll - the largest gap between the two parties in years.

Ouch!

Also, a majority of Americans polled indicate Congress is too liberal - with an even greater majority of Independents stating Congress is too liberal.

Ouch.

51% Say Congress is Too Liberal, 22% Say It’s Too Conservative - Rasmussen Reports™

Rassmussen polls???

You use Rassmussen polls to support a right wing position?? :eek:

Why don't you post a poll of FoxNews editors???

Once again history proves the right wing wrong on another issue of their making

How may times can you shoot yourselves in the foot and say "we meant to do that!"

Ouch!

Ouch.

Rassmussen polls???

You use Rassmussen polls to support a right wing position?? :eek:

Why don't you post a poll of FoxNews editors???

It's as good as any other poll out there. Hell the libs use it to bash Palin for being the republican leader for the 2012 presidential election. You people can't just cherry pick Rasmussen polls.

It's as good as any other poll out there. Hell the libs use it to bash Palin for being the republican leader for the 2012 presidential election. You people can't just cherry pick Rasmussen polls.

Rasmussen polls predict.... America loves Palin by 2:1

Rasmussen polls predict.... America loves Palin by 2:1

You probably be better off and not taking a guess on that one...do your research with the pollster. But, you can't refute my earlier post Rightwinger.

Forum List

Back