Obama's Speech Today Was SPOT ON!!

Dan Mitchell nails it SPOT ON:

Called a “debt failsafe trigger,” Obama’s scheme would automatically raise taxes if politicians spend too much. According to the talking points distributed by the White House, the automatic tax increase would take effect “if, by 2014, the projected ratio of debt-to-GDP is not stabilized and declining toward the end of the decade.”

Let’s ponder what this means. If politicians in Washington spend too much and cause more red ink, which happens on a routine basis, Obama wants a provision that automatically would raise taxes on the American people.

In other words, they play and we pay. The last thing we need is a perverse incentive for even more reckless spending from Washington.

Obama’s Tax Increase Trigger: Punishing Taxpayers with Automatic Tax Hikes When Politicians Overspend « International Liberty

So Obama is portending on putting a binding burden on future Congress critters?

It will never FLY.

We're NOT going to tax those of us who are most vulnerable and are going to ask those of us who have PROFITED the most from the system to PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE.

It's all about SHARED SACRIFICE.

Remember that Republicans?

Kudos Obama...way to win back your support.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Spot on except for the fact that he lied when he started talking about the differences in reform for Medicare/Medicaid. He stated gop wants people to receive vouchers to help with the cost (true) but then said that his plan was pushed through on his healthcare bill to REDUCE HEALTHCARE COSTS, which it hasn't done and isn't projected to do (lie). Also, I actually have no problem paying more taxes IF they cut the budget drastically AND they require EVERYONE to pay at least 5% of their income in federal taxes. ITS ALL ABOUT SHARED SACRAFICE RIGHT?

We're NOT going to tax those of us who are most vulnerable and are going to ask those of us who have PROFITED the most from the system to PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE.

Only the k00k left is giddy about that speech........and its no surprise the committed Maoist would come in here and post up a thread with the class wafare theme!!!

Every economist and his brother knows raising taxes in this economy is stupid foolish.

This was not at all a speech on the budget......it was a political speech geared to rev up the k00k base. I say fine...........:fu:

The House still holds all the purse strings no matter what this asshole says!!!:coffee: When Obama started talking about 2014 and what he'd be doing, I spit my coffee halfway across the room!!!:blowup::rofl:

Whats the Obama debt plan akin to? Its akin to a person making 40K deciding to cut out a McDonalds Happy Meal once a year.......when at the same time, they are running up credit card bills of 30 thousand dollars/year!!!

Last edited:
Can somebody tell me what sacrifice those who pay ZERO in FEDeral Income Tax are making???? What??? What is "shared sacrifice."?

You receive less for food, education costs you more, healthcare costs you more, your housing costs more

Obama is offering $3 in spending cuts for every $1 in tax increases. The debt is too large to handle by spending cuts alone.

The role of our Military needs to be examined. Not just killing weapons systems that aren't popular. Our whole global mission and what other major players contribute needs to be modified. The US does not need to protect the world

How about we roll back the level of government spending to 2008 before the Stimulus Bill? That would cut $800B immediately.

Great idea....and we could roll taxes back to where they were in 2001. That would save $2 trillion off the national debt

Yup, you do realize that would be massively cutting entitlement spending yes? Military too but holy fuck do you believe for a second, a moment, a blink of an eye that the "left" would agree with you? You would be slaughtered and be made out as a neocon, just like you have done to many of us.

Yes, he is an idiot. But it sounds good.

Actually I thought at first you said his speech was on Spot, not spot on. I figured a speech about his dog would be a diversion from his bracket picks or gold outing.

BTW, the great thing about your plan to share sacrifice through government is that it's self perpetuating. The more we sacrifice for government, the more we need to...

Can somebody tell me what sacrifice those who pay ZERO in FEDeral Income Tax are making???? What??? What is "shared sacrifice."?

You receive less for food, education costs you more, healthcare costs you more, your housing costs more
...at the hands of government imposition for life's LOSERS...and those Gubmint employees that think they have it easy working for Gubmint. Don't get too comfy...

the shit is about to hit the fan.

And it's all fueled by the job losses your assault on the rich are costing are economy. But at least your plan is working, all those things are happening and the poor are sacrificing too.

how does that work? show me? Food stamps?? Free healtcare via obamalamacare, and subsidized housing.. go ahead.. show me.

And it's all fueled by the job losses your assault on the rich are costing are economy. But at least your plan is working, all those things are happening and the poor are sacrificing too.

Yup, better not make those rich folks mad or they'll take their toys and go to Galt's Gulch.

how does that work? show me? Food stamps?? Free healtcare via obamalamacare, and subsidized housing.. go ahead.. show me.

Wow, you think poor people are living high on the hog or something?

Getting rid of the Bush tax cuts would go a long way to solving our problems.

George Bush was the worst president in American history.
You bet, it's impossible to cut enough to balance the budget.
A family can cut and cut, but eventually needs a pay raise.

No, they end up homeless. And so should Congress.... and the POTUS.

Forum List

Back