Obama's speech to Hispanic caucus gala leaves out CREATOR when he quotes the Preamble

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
well well

SNIP:
See if you can find the words "endowed by their creator" in this clip, Obama's speech Wednesday night to the Hispanic caucus skips right over it. (Notice the long pause)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZJbTVw8o90&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Pr.Obama - 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal' - CHCI[/ame]

via weselzippers

OBAMA: "We all shared the same land. We didn’t always get along. But over the centuries, what eventually bound us together, what made us all Americans, was not a matter of blood, it wasn’t a matter of birth. It was faith and fidelity to the shared values that we all hold so dear. We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, endowed with certain inalienable rights: life and liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”

read the rest here.
HotAirPundit: Obama's Speech to the Hispanic Caucus Gala Leaves out the word "Creator" When He Quotes the Preamble (Video)

well well

SNIP:
See if you can find the words "endowed by their creator" in this clip, Obama's speech Wednesday night to the Hispanic caucus skips right over it. (Notice the long pause)
YouTube - Pr.Obama - 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal' - CHCI

via weselzippers

OBAMA: "We all shared the same land. We didn’t always get along. But over the centuries, what eventually bound us together, what made us all Americans, was not a matter of blood, it wasn’t a matter of birth. It was faith and fidelity to the shared values that we all hold so dear. We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, endowed with certain inalienable rights: life and liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”

read the rest here.
HotAirPundit: Obama's Speech to the Hispanic Caucus Gala Leaves out the word "Creator" When He Quotes the Preamble (Video)

Thanks for spotlighting the most significant difference between traditionalists, including the Founders, and progressives, and many of our citizens 'educated' in government schools.

The abridgement was no accident, but rather the corruption of American political thought, beginning in the early 19th century, and known as 'progressivism.' Our President subscribes to this view.

1. "The rights which [an individual] possesses are...conferred upon him, not by his Creator, but rather by the society to which he belongs. What they are is to be determined by the legislative authority in view of the needs of that society. Social expediency, rather than natural right, is thus to determine the sphere of individual freedom of action.” The Claremont Institute - Leaving the Constitution

2. Wilson: “No doubt a lot of nonsense has been talked about the inalienable rights of the individual, and a great deal that was mere vague sentiment and pleasing speculation has been put forward as fundamental principle.” Woodrow Wilson: ‘Men are as clay in the hands of a consummate leader.?

3. Roosevelt, in his “New Nationalism” speech " ...maintains that every man holds his property subject to the general right of the community to regulate its use to whatever degree the public welfare may require it.” New Nationalism Speech by Theodore Roosevelt
Based on this view, there are no Creator-endowed inalienable rights.

One can see, of course, that one view values the individual, while the other, the collective.

LOL It could be Obama thought for a second, and realized that when this was written there were many women, men and children, who had none of these Creator based rights, but that too is reading too much into it. He was giving a speech, no need to read into it the wingnut interpretation of the universe.

LOL It could be Obama thought for a second, and realized that when this was written there were many women, men and children, who had none of these Creator based rights, but that too is reading too much into it. He was giving a speech, no need to read into it the wingnut interpretation of the universe.

Yep it is perfectly acceptable to pick and choose the parts of the constitution you believe. :cuckoo:

What you people fail to understand. Is that the insertion of the creator line in the Constitution was not about trying to make people believe in GOD. it was a way of saying our rights come from a place you can not touch. No man can take them away. Plain and simple.

What you people fail to understand. Is that the insertion of the creator line in the Constitution was not about trying to make people believe in GOD. it was a way of saying our rights come from a place you can not touch. No man can take them away. Plain and simple.
Then why is it so difficult to say it, "plain and simple"???

Then why is it so difficult to say it, "plain and simple"???

Hard for who to say? Obama? Don't ask me. I do not understand it.

Um, guys, I don't want to be nitpicky or anything, but Obama isn't quoting the Preamble, or any part of the Constitution. He's quoting the Declaration of Independence. Probably badly, I don't know. I can't stand to listen to him long enough to get that far in. But the two seconds I listened to were the Declaration.

When you have no Creator, the State owns you. Pure Communism. Actually he spends most of the speech pandering to illegals and reminding everyone that it is Dems who are looking out at for illegals. It is a really disgusting speech
and his inability to even quote our most precious document correctly shows this usurper is not on the side of Americans.

He leaves this portion out :
"...endowed by our Creator with certain unalienable rights..."

American Thinker Blog: President Obama removes 'Creator' from the preamble of the Declaration of Independence

Friday evening President Obama addressed the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute. At around 22:27, he incorporates part of the preamble of The Declaration of Independence, removing "Creator".

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal..... endowed with certain unalienable rights, life and liberty, and the pursuit of happiness"

After President Obama says "created equal...", there is a long pause during which he scowls and blinks several times. For once, he may actually have opted to not read something that was on the teleprompter. Is looks like he is disgusted and decided it would be better not to read what the preamble actually says.

Go To 22:25
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd7ZQZxDhjk&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute's 33rd Annual Award Gala[/ame]

already a thread on this.

Ill say what I said here.

the line about the creator in the Dec was not about making people believe in god. It was saying these rights are above reproach. NO MAN can take them from you because they come from a higher power.

The humor quotient on this board would fall dramatically without you.

May you, and your moronic threads, never leave!

And you support Obama in leaving out creator?

I don't support Obama removing any words from the Preamble of the Declaration of Independence.

Luckily, he has not done so. The original document is intact and in the same position as it was in 1776 in the national archives.

When you have no Creator, the State owns you. Pure Communism. Actually he spends most of the speech pandering to illegals and reminding everyone that it is Dems who are looking out at for illegals. It is a really disgusting speech
and his inability to even quote our most precious document correctly shows this usurper is not on the side of Americans.

He leaves this portion out :
"...endowed by our Creator with certain unalienable rights..."

American Thinker Blog: President Obama removes 'Creator' from the preamble of the Declaration of Independence

Friday evening President Obama addressed the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute. At around 22:27, he incorporates part of the preamble of The Declaration of Independence, removing "Creator".

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal..... endowed with certain unalienable rights, life and liberty, and the pursuit of happiness"

After President Obama says "created equal...", there is a long pause during which he scowls and blinks several times. For once, he may actually have opted to not read something that was on the teleprompter. Is looks like he is disgusted and decided it would be better not to read what the preamble actually says.

Go To 22:25
YouTube - Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute's 33rd Annual Award Gala

So he should.....why pretend

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyaT9IjnwKo]YouTube - Alice Cooper - Brutal Planet[/ame]

Um, guys, I don't want to be nitpicky or anything, but Obama isn't quoting the Preamble, or any part of the Constitution. He's quoting the Declaration of Independence. Probably badly, I don't know. I can't stand to listen to him long enough to get that far in. But the two seconds I listened to were the Declaration.

yep it was the Deceleration. Which does not change the fact of what he chose to leave out of it.

yep it was the Deceleration. Which does not change the fact of what he chose to leave out of it.

True. But it sounds moderately awful for everyone in the thread to keep talking about the Constitution in relation to this speech, especially when it hits the point of accusing Obama of "only believing in certain parts of the Constitution". His inability to quote the Declaration correctly has zilch to do with whether or not he believes in or abides by the Constitution. (Mind you, I don't happen to think he believes in the Constitution at all, but still.)

"It could be Obama thought for a second,..."
And it could be that the cow flew over the moon.

So...you don't feel that he's a Progressive, then?

Your premise is that President Obama fully and firmly believes that our rights are inalienable, given to us by out Creator- I mean, after he thought for a second? But that they should, what..be kept secret from certain 'men, women and children'?

And, by extension of your premise, he would omit all four references to ‘Devine’ in D of I… 1)in first paragraph ‘Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God,’
2) next paragraph ‘endowed by their Creator,”
3) Supreme Judge of the world, and
4) ‘divine’ Providence, last paragraph.

This is important because our historic documents memorialize a government based on individuals born with inalienable rights, by, in various references, by the Devine, or Nature’s God, or their Creator, or the Supreme Judge, or divine Providence, but a thoughtful President should circumnavigate all of them due to the sensibilities of the "many women, men and children, " to which you have referred?

I think I get it now, and I see that your explanation is soooooo much more simple than the " wingnut interpretation of the universe."

And, as a bonus, we don't have to fret over those pesky 'rights.'

Forum List

Back