Obama's Speech: A More Perfect Union

Discussion in 'Congress' started by CharlestonChad, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    What did you think about it? I thought it was the best speech I've heard from a black American since the "I've Been To The Mountaintop" one by MLK.

Here it is:

"We the people, in order to form a more perfect union."

Two hundred and twenty one years ago, in a hall that still stands across the street, a group of men gathered and, with these simple words, launched America's improbable experiment in democracy. Farmers and scholars; statesmen and patriots who had traveled across an ocean to escape tyranny and persecution finally made real their declaration of independence at a Philadelphia convention that lasted through the spring of 1787.

Much, much more!!!!!!!!!!: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/03/18/politics/main3947908.shtml

There are words here that have never been spoken before much less openly discussed. Can we discuss?

2. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Thanks, gunny, for merging this current event post into this politics forum. Althlough I disagree that the speech had anything to do with poitics and is certainly a current event worthy of current discussion, I respect your decision.

3. DeadCanDance

DeadCanDance Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +127

that was a compelling speech.

Just a tad better than Willard Romney's religion speech. :clap2:

4. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Actually, a hell of a lot better than Mr. Romney's excuse for the cult of the Mormons. The speech by Obama addressed ALL Americans.

5. IchangedMyMind

IchangedMyMind Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What you don't get is or choose to ignore is that a real black man cannot have republican conservative principles and be considered legit. It would be considered fake, trying to pender to the white voters speaking from a white conservative perspective.

The thing is, most of you right-wing guys are so set in your way, you can't even acknowledge the wrong doings and faults of a dipshit like George W. Bush. You're too comfortable in your ways and here comes a candidate of color who isn't conservative but who at the same time isn't running as the black candidate and you all start shaking in your boots that he might actually pull it off.

First you all hustled his name Barack "hussein" obama to to scare away voters subliminally suggesting that he is a muslim terrorist.

You accuse him of going to a Muslim school as a kid, which was disproven.

Yall have caught a break with this Revarant controversy now and you all will not let it go.

6. jreeves

jreeves Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +315
    Yep, and I wonder why? It's not like his campaign up to this point has been about racial relations. He has been shown to attend a church that spews racism, now he wants to talk about how we need to speak about racial relations.
    He states that all clergymen make statements that we don't agree with. Wonder when the last time you heard your pastor, rabbi, or priest say "God Damn America"?

7. jreeves

jreeves Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +315
    "The cult of Mormons", bigot!

8. jreeves

jreeves Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +315
    Yep I can prove he's lying. Here you go....

Obama acknowledged that Rezko had raised $250,000 for him — about $100,000 more than had previously been disclosed and about five times more than Obama conveyed during a November 2006 question-and-answer exchange with the Sun-Times.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/844634,obamasun031508.article

9. mattskramer

mattskramer Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +361
    I think that I can play the old excuse game with this. Perhaps he was mistaken. Perhaps he did not recall the exact figures. Did he know that what he was saying was wrong? Did he intentionally try to deceive? You would have had to read the guy’s mind to find the answer.

10. jreeves

jreeves Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +315
    Lmao:rofl: