Obama's skimmer won't work

As I see it, a president should not go on vacation when something terrible is happening...but I also am of the opinion that a president should stay as far away from the site of the disaster, because a president will only get in the way of relief efforts. They should be able to make decisions from afar and deligate people to do things.

:eusa_eh:.. Yup... go to Maine and send the peasants to the gulf coast..

something else you will never hear from obama or his followers:

Bush: Katrina exposed serious problems in our response capability at all levels of government. And to the extent that the federal government didn't fully do its job right, I take responsibility. I want to know what went right and what went wrong.

taking responsibility

As I see it, a president should not go on vacation when something terrible is happening...but I also am of the opinion that a president should stay as far away from the site of the disaster, because a president will only get in the way of relief efforts. They should be able to make decisions from afar and deligate people to do things.

this is acceptable to hypocrite liberals like RW...but bush, he did nothing and vacationed

Clearly, you did not read my first statement.

Please reread, then apologize.

and neither did bush...nice try...and thanks for proving me right about your blatant hypocrisy

I'm afraid he did. Bush was on vacation when the Hurricane hit on Monday. He did not bother to end his vacation till Wednesday evening. Meanwhile we had dead bodies floating in the rivers, people clinging to rooftops waiting rescue, Americans screaming for critical medicine, food and water.

There is a big difference in the impact on American lives during Katrina and the Oil Spill...and Bush did nothing but tell us Brownie was doing a heckuva job

lmao....so what was bush to do, go there and personally pull the people out of the river? <--- see...i too can pull your defense of obama right back at you

obama didn't go down to the gulf for a long time, bush was down in the gulf far sooner than obama

you're just being a party hack and your hypocrisy is clear

and you're lying that bush did nothing more than say brownie did a good job....your partisan slip is showing

The spill was still miles offshore...nothing to see.

He was there as soon as the oil reached land.

I wanted to see Bush make a statement, show he cared that people were suffering, I wanted to see him end his vacation early.

There was no reason Americans should suffer like that for four days

rightwinger is not being honest by claiming bush was on vacation

FactCheck.org: Katrina: What Happened When

Wednesday August 31, 2005 - 2 Days After

Morning - Bush, still in Crawford, participates in a half-hour video conference on Katrina with Vice President Cheney (who is in Wyoming) and top aides. Later, he boards Air Force One and flies over New Orleans on his way back to Washington. His press secretary tells reporters: "The President, when we were passing over that part of New Orleans, said, 'It's devastating, it's got to be doubly devastating on the ground.'"

lmao....the left's hypocrisy

the same whiners here will declare katrina all bush's

fact is, obama said he is in charge, the one calling teh shots....obviously this shot called is a fuck up

but instead of simply admitting that, the left in this thread went berserk

Obama did not stay on vacation while people were clinging to rooftops. He did not avoid the Gulf as Dead Americans were floating in the river. He did not stand by idley as Americans died for lack of medicine.

No....The Oil spill does not equate to Katrina

This is true, Obama told us to vacation in the gulf while his family went to Maine. You can't make this shit up.

Clearly, you did not read my first statement.

Please reread, then apologize.

A great man once queried, "Why do people take bullshit so seriously?" ...imagine my shock and ah gee at adding that to my apology....:lol:

Morning - Bush, still in Crawford, participates in a half-hour video conference on Katrina with Vice President Cheney (who is in Wyoming) and top aides. Later, he boards Air Force One and flies over New Orleans on his way back to Washington. His press secretary tells reporters: "The President, when we were passing over that part of New Orleans, said, 'It's devastating, it's got to be doubly devastating on the ground.'"

you are not usually so dishonest...

day of he was in AZ...later in CA, he then stopped off at his ranch on the way back to DC and it is clear it is not a vacation like you would have us believe, he was actually working and specifically on katrina

you lied and claimed he was on vacation on monday and did not end it until weds....just man up and admit you got busted

you said - I'm afraid he did. Bush was on vacation when the Hurricane hit on Monday. He did not bother to end his vacation till Wednesday evening.

which is absolutely false

day one:

11:06 a.m . - Bush promotes his Medicare prescription drug benefit at a 44-minute event in El Mirage, Arizona. He devotes 156 words to the hurricane, among them: "I want the folks there on the Gulf Coast to know that the federal government is prepared to help you when the storm passes. I want to thank the governors of the affected regions for mobilizing assets prior to the arrival of the storm to help citizens avoid this devastating storm."

4:40 p.m. - Bush appears in Rancho Cucamonga, California for another Medicare event. He again devotes a few words to Katrina: "It's a storm now that is moving through, and now it's the time for governments to help people get their feet on the ground. . .For those of you who are concerned about whether or not we're prepared to help, don't be. We are. We're in place. We've got equipment in place, supplies in place. And once the -- once we're able to assess the damage, we'll be able to move in and help those good folks in the affected areas."

day 2:

11:04 a.m. - In San Diego, California, Bush delivers a 31-minute speech marking the 60th anniversary of the end of World War II. Of Katrina, he says, "we're beginning to move in the help that people need."

Giant oil skimmer won't work in Gulf spill cleanup

NEW ORLEANS – A giant oil skimmer brought in from Portugal is too big to be used in the Gulf cleanup effort.

The Taiwanese vessel "A Whale" was deployed last week along the oil-slicked Gulf Coast. But it's been determined the skimmer didn't collect enough oil.

The U.S. Coast Guard says it was too big to maneuver around the smaller patches and ribbons of oil on the water.

Smaller, more agile vessels have been more useful in getting at the oil.

Giant oil skimmer won't work in Gulf spill cleanup - Yahoo! News

way to go obama...in charge since day one

enjoy your lefty media cheerleading.....

I consider it a metaphor for the Obama Presidency.. If it's a choice between a solution and a giant turd .. Obama will always choose.. unwisely.

day of he was in AZ...later in CA, he then stopped off at his ranch on the way back to DC and it is clear it is not a vacation like you would have us believe, he was actually working and specifically on katrina

you lied and claimed he was on vacation on monday and did not end it until weds....just man up and admit you got busted

you said - I'm afraid he did. Bush was on vacation when the Hurricane hit on Monday. He did not bother to end his vacation till Wednesday evening.

day one:

4:40 p.m. - Bush appears in Rancho Cucamonga, California for another Medicare event. He again devotes a few words to Katrina: "It's a storm now that is moving through, and now it's the time for governments to help people get their feet on the ground. . .For those of you who are concerned about whether or not we're prepared to help, don't be. We are. We're in place. We've got equipment in place, supplies in place. And once the -- once we're able to assess the damage, we'll be able to move in and help those good folks in the affected areas."

day 2:

11:04 a.m. - In San Diego, California, Bush delivers a 31-minute speech marking the 60th anniversary of the end of World War II. Of Katrina, he says, "we're beginning to move in the help that people need."

Concede your point

day one:

day 2:

Concede your point

i was wrong to hard to say huh...

makes your whole point about bush vs obama seem stupid and false

day one:

day 2:

Concede your point

i was wrong to hard to say huh...

makes your whole point about bush vs obama seem stupid and false
It shouldn't be a Bush vs Obama issue anyway. Obama is IN CHARGE OF THE OIL SPILL.

If the ship is too heavy to maneuver quickly, consider stretching two large, mile-long, continuous, deep wall, floating booms from the mouth of the ship, using tow boats to pull ends apart into a v-shaped wall that extends five or so feet into the water...then move slowly into the largest part of the oil slick, guiding the surface water toward the mouth of the world's largest oil-sucking ship.

Somebody get right on that!

Forum List

Back