Obama's rookie Community Organizers

Catbert

Sep 16, 2009
Moved to the Current Events thread was a post by TheMalcontent regarding a letter he'd received from Obama on Haiti and how to help.

In the text of that letter Obama states: "Our neighbors in Haiti are racing to confront the enormous devastation -- and the OFA community can help."

So, what's the OFA?

OFA (Organizing For America), in other words, OFA is a group of untrained community organizer grunts shilling for Barry. From a blog on the OFA website:
---------------
This has been a remarkable year for the movement you've built from the ground up, and I wanted to take a moment at year's end to reflect on everything you've accomplished.

Beth Kimbriel, a mother of four from Richmond, Virginia, has no formal political experience. But every week, as an OFA "Community Organizer," she trains and manages other volunteer leaders to organize effectively around the President's agenda. Hundreds of her fellow OFA Community Organizers around the country have already volunteered more than 200,000 hours doing similar work. Thousands more have taken on other leadership positions in every single state. And we're still growing -- nearly a million people who had never volunteered for the presidential campaign have signed up with OFA this year
Organizing for America | OFA Blog: 2009

So much like Rush Limbaugh, you too believe Obama's out to steal your money huh? :eusa_eh:

Moved to the Current Events thread was a post by TheMalcontent regarding a letter he'd received from Obama on Haiti and how to help.

In the text of that letter Obama states: "Our neighbors in Haiti are racing to confront the enormous devastation -- and the OFA community can help."

So, what's the OFA?

OFA (Organizing For America), in other words, OFA is a group of untrained community organizer grunts shilling for Barry. From a blog on the OFA website:
---------------
This has been a remarkable year for the movement you've built from the ground up, and I wanted to take a moment at year's end to reflect on everything you've accomplished.

Beth Kimbriel, a mother of four from Richmond, Virginia, has no formal political experience. But every week, as an OFA "Community Organizer," she trains and manages other volunteer leaders to organize effectively around the President's agenda. Hundreds of her fellow OFA Community Organizers around the country have already volunteered more than 200,000 hours doing similar work. Thousands more have taken on other leadership positions in every single state. And we're still growing -- nearly a million people who had never volunteered for the presidential campaign have signed up with OFA this year

In the wake of this disater, and the human death toll, you are choosing to make political jabs on the Haitians' backs, WHY?

The clue is in their title..... "Organizing For AMERICA".... not Haiti, or any other God forsaken hole in the ground country.... but this country. We have millions struggling to cope too. We have people living in tents too.... where's the concern for them from Obama?

The clue is in their title..... "Organizing For AMERICA".... not Haiti, or any other God forsaken hole in the ground country.... but this country. We have millions struggling to cope too. We have people living in tents too.... where's the concern for them from Obama?

Are you REALLY wanting to go there? Which President in recent history is trying to provide health insurance for Americans who cannot afford it? Which President in history is trying to get America's infrastructure rebuilt? And which party is nay saying all the way to Wall Street?

In the wake of this disater, and the human death toll, you are choosing to make political jabs on the Haitians' backs, WHY?

To answer your question, my post isn't about the Haitians. It's about Obama's organized (OFA) Obot army. I return a question to you to post what the OFA has done for Americans thus far.

Are you REALLY wanting to go there? Which President in recent history is trying to provide health insurance for Americans who cannot afford it? Which President in history is trying to get America's infrastructure rebuilt? And which party is nay saying all the way to Wall Street?

Which President is mearly spreading the wealth?? Taking from those that have and giving to those that don't.

Wasn't the infrastructure repair part of the first Porkulus bill?? Ain't seen to much in the way of repair yet. OL'BO better get it going

Which party is making deals with the Unions to exempt them from something the rest of us will be paying for?? Which party is going to tax banks, even those that have payed the back said loans with interest?? These banks won't pay the taxes, any consumers doing business with them will. Which party had to bribe its own members to vote for this ridiculous healthcare bill?? Which party gave GM and Chrsler to the Unions??

If I were a Dem I sure would be proud of OL'BO and his possee. NOT.

Last edited:

So, what's the OFA?

---------------

I think I'm missing your point.

If you have a point.

Or is it more "scary words" rhetoric? Does the job "community organizer" scare you?

If you have a point.

Or is it more "scary words" rhetoric? Does the job "community organizer" scare you?

While it's generally an exercise in futility to have a discussion with the uninformed, let me say I do not fear community organizers, however you may want to note today's lesson:

Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now - ACORN

If you have a point.

While it's generally an exercise in futility to have a discussion with the uninformed, let me say I do not fear community organizers, however you may want to note today's lesson:

Oooooohh. ACORN!

Now I'M scared.

What is your point? Maybe you missed it when I asked before.

What the fuck is your point?

I think the Americans should help Haiti, they've gone from poverty to something lower, I don't have the words.

But with that said and donation given, after reading through these posts I must ask, where is Obama regarding the states/localities still being swamped by Katrina. Let Bush take the blame, fair or unfair, it's over. Why has Obama responded so strongly for Haiti, but not moved on those in this country still suffering?

If you have a point.

Oooooohh. ACORN!

Now I'M scared.

When you resort to vulgarity, do you think that gives you power that your words lack?

My point is that Obama has fooled and deceived you and many like you.

And, again you show your ignorance in your signature comment.

Jesus was not a community organizer. Jesus did not represent anyone to the local government and he did not act on behalf of the local government. It's pathetic to watch Biblically illiterate people inject their personal theology into politics.

Oooooohh. ACORN!

Now I'M scared.

When you resort to vulgarity, do you think that gives you power that your words lack?
No, I resort to vulgarity when you repeat nonsense and rhetoric instead of actually making a point.

How? You're going to have to back a statement like that one up. Since you so clearly know all of my thoughts, in what way has Obama fooled me? How is it backed up by anything you've said in this thread already?

Jesus was not a community organizer. Jesus did not represent anyone to the local government and he did not act on behalf of the local government. It's pathetic to watch Biblically illiterate people inject their personal theology into politics.
And again, you show your ignorance of what a Community Organizer is. It has nothing to do with local government - a community organizer is someone who organizes their community. It can be for political reasons, or it can be to open a new park in the neighborhood. A Community Organizer is someone who organizes like-minded people into action.

Oooooohh. ACORN!

Now I'M scared.

No, I resort to vulgarity when you repeat nonsense and rhetoric instead of actually making a point.

How? You're going to have to back a statement like that one up. Since you so clearly know all of my thoughts, in what way has Obama fooled me? How is it backed up by anything you've said in this thread already?

And again, you show your ignorance of what a Community Organizer is. It has nothing to do with local government - a community organizer is someone who organizes their community. It can be for political reasons, or it can be to open a new park in the neighborhood. A Community Organizer is someone who organizes like-minded people into action.

Oh, yawn! Please stop.

Community Organizers are paid through government grants and also political coffers. Last I heard, those things were "government."

One of the most important lessons that Alinsky taught community organizers is not to rely on high-minded ideals like "brotherly-love or "the common good" to get people to fight for particular goals. Instead, as a community organizer you are always looking for ways to appeal directly to a person's self-interest, whatever that may be. This is not to say ideals do not matter to community organizers. But at the end of the day, an ideal is only as good as what it can help you accomplish.

So, if you are a community organizer and want to organize an area, you first try to meet with as many indigenous leaders as possible, the kinds of men and women who populate neighborhood churches and civic groups that others will listen to and naturally follow. The purpose of these one-on-one meetings is not to become their friend. You want to find out what their self-interest is so you can use it. This includes milking their personal connections to expand your base of support.

As a community organizer, the sole source of your power is your relationships. And the more people you have in your pocket, the more likely it is that you can use them to get what your base wants.

Obama has done his job well on some of you.
progress.gif

Last edited:

Oh, yawn! Please stop.

Community Organizers are paid through government grants and also political coffers. Last I heard, those things were "government."
You're wrong. I'm not paid by government grants.

One of the most important lessons that Alinsky taught community organizers is not to rely on high-minded ideals like "brotherly-love or "the common good" to get people to fight for particular goals. Instead, as a community organizer you are always looking for ways to appeal directly to a person's self-interest, whatever that may be. This is not to say ideals do not matter to community organizers. But at the end of the day, an ideal is only as good as what it can help you accomplish.

So, if you are a community organizer and want to organize an area, you first try to meet with as many indigenous leaders as possible, the kinds of men and women who populate neighborhood churches and civic groups that others will listen to and naturally follow. The purpose of these one-on-one meetings is not to become their friend. You want to find out what their self-interest is so you can use it. This includes milking their personal connections to expand your base of support.

As a community organizer, the sole source of your power is your relationships. And the more people you have in your pocket, the more likely it is that you can use them to get what your base wants.

This is all correct, but I'm still missing your point. What's so bad and scary about Communitiy Organizers?

Obama has done his job well on some of you.
progress.gif

What does Obama have to do with this at all?

Forum List

Back