Obama's Rising Poll Numbers

it will change

there are even Paul supporters that are excited about this pick

Dive, I think it's cool that you guys have found someone to circle the wagons around because McCain clearly wasn't doing that ... but I wouldn't get too high on the Palin pick yet ... you guys are very much in a honeymoon stage with your collective noses open right now ...

Those polls were conducted before Palin was announced.

Next.

Palin is Dan Quayle in a dress.

Not that any conservatives will admit it (please man up and do so), but if Obama (or any other Dem nominee) picked a cute chick in a skirt from a backwater state with no credentials as a VP, you guys would be hammering the Dem like there's no tomorrow.

This selection of Palin is tantamount to Bush's nomination of Harriet Myers for the supreme court. Woefully unqualified. Just because Palin supports conservative views does not make her a leader.

Remember all the GOPers who were gonig to stay home because of McCain ? Well there is now a reason for them to go vote Republican. Libertarians ? Them too! And don't underestimate women---whatever they claim, they see an HUGE opportunity to put one of their own in the highest elected govermnetal position in history. Do you think they will reject her because she's from the wrong party ? Think again.

Are you kidding me? Do really think women will vote for Palin JUST because she's a woman?? :eusa_hand: I don't think so. I do think that there are going to be a lot of racist black Republicans (they do let blacks be Republican. . . right?) who will vote for Barack just because he's black. It's been my personal experience that black people tend to be more racist than any other ethnic group.

Palin is not going to pull the moderate vote. She's pro-life and that will turn off a lot of women who feel (like myself) that that issue doesn't even belong in the political arena. If men gave birth I bet the story would be A LOT different. And guys . . . since you can't get pregnant . . . I would hope you too feel that this issue doesn't belong in the political arena. And let's keep religion out of the debate on abortion. Remember "separation of church of state?" For the record, I would never, never consider having an abortion, but who am I to tell another woman what she should do with her body????

I think the moderates are going to go with the Democrats this time around.

Are you kidding me? Do really think women will vote for Palin JUST because she's a woman?? :eusa_hand: I don't think so. I do think that there are going to be a lot of racist black Republicans (they do let blacks be Republican. . . right?) who will vote for Barack just because he's black. It's been my personal experience that black people tend to be more racist than any other ethnic group.

Palin is not going to pull the moderate vote. She's pro-life and that will turn off a lot of women who feel (like myself) that that issue doesn't even belong in the political arena. If men gave birth I bet the story would be A LOT different. And guys . . . since you can't get pregnant . . . I would hope you too feel that this issue doesn't belong in the political arena. And let's keep religion out of the debate on abortion. Remember "separation of church of state?" For the record, I would never, never consider having an abortion, but who am I to tell another woman what she should do with her body????

I think the moderates are going to go with the Democrats this time around.
oh sheeesh, another "men have no say"
it takes two to tango, and to make a baby
why is it some seem to think the partner in creating the child should have no say?

Abortion isn't a black and white issue. I don't feel it should be used as an alternative to birth control. I do feel that in some cases it's warranted. Consider the 12 year old girl who is sexually molested and becomes pregnant. Should she be forced to have a child that she isn't really physically or mentally ready to have? What about the 17 year old girl who uses contraception and it fails. She tells the guy she's pregnant and and he bolts. Should she be forced to have a child that she's not able to support? I guess you think she should have the baby and go on welfare so taxpayers can support the child? What about the expectant mother who's told if she has the baby either she or the baby will die? Are you telling me that that embryo's life takes priority over the mother's life? If a married couple gets pregnant it should be a joint decision. But again . . . a husband shouldn't have the right to force his wife to have a baby she doesn't want any more than a wife should have the right to force her husband to a medical procedure he doesn't want. Or are you a neanderthal and think that women should be seen and not heard and be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen catering to her man's every whim??????

Abortion isn't a black and white issue. I don't feel it should be used as an alternative to birth control. I do feel that in some cases it's warranted. Consider the 12 year old girl who is sexually molested and becomes pregnant. Should she be forced to have a child that she isn't really physically or mentally ready to have? What about the 17 year old girl who uses contraception and it fails. She tells the guy she's pregnant and and he bolts. Should she be forced to have a child that she's not able to support? I guess you think she should have the baby and go on welfare so taxpayers can support the child? What about the expectant mother who's told if she has the baby either she or the baby will die? Are you telling me that that embryo's life takes priority over the mother's life? If a married couple gets pregnant it should be a joint decision. But again . . . a husband shouldn't have the right to force his wife to have a baby she doesn't want any more than a wife should have the right to force her husband to a medical procedure he doesn't want. Or are you a neanderthal and think that women should be seen and not heard and be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen catering to her man's every whim??????

The husband/wife thing is probably pretty statistically insignificant. Anti-choice men like saying that because they think it sounds good. I'm pretty sure most married people discuss the issue and make the decisions together. In the case of a major disagreement, fact is SOMEONE has to have final say. There isn't any better way to do it. And if men were allowed to "opt out" on child support (the other whine of the anti-choice male) if they wanted to terminate and the woman doesn't, society demands that children be cared for.. end of story.

And yes, a 12 year old girl being forced to carry a chid of rape is disgusting. But so is a 15 year od girl being forced to carry a child because of a mistake or a failure in birth control. The anti-choicers aren't "pro-life" because they'll allow someone to die rather than use an embryonic stem cell to cure them; or support a child who's parents were ill-equipped to do so; or provide day care to the child's underage mother so she can go to work or get job training...

The real reasons they're anti-choice is because they think the harlots need to pay for their sins and women need to be controlled.... because, ultimately, a zygote is no more a child than an egg is a chicken.

Would I encourage abortion? No. I think kids should be EDUCATED (oh right, they hate that, too....)...

The husband/wife thing is probably pretty statistically insignificant. Anti-choice men like saying that because they think it sounds good. I'm pretty sure most married people discuss the issue and make the decisions together. In the case of a major disagreement, fact is SOMEONE has to have final say. There isn't any better way to do it. And if men were allowed to "opt out" on child support (the other whine of the anti-choice male) if they wanted to terminate and the woman doesn't, society demands that children be cared for.. end of story.

And yes, a 12 year old girl being forced to carry a chid of rape is disgusting. But so is a 15 year od girl being forced to carry a child because of a mistake or a failure in birth control. The anti-choicers aren't "pro-life" because they'll allow someone to die rather than use an embryonic stem cell to cure them; or support a child who's parents were ill-equipped to do so; or provide day care to the child's underage mother so she can go to work or get job training...

The real reasons they're anti-choice is because they think the harlots need to pay for their sins and women need to be controlled.... because, ultimately, a zygote is no more a child than an egg is a chicken.

Would I encourage abortion? No. I think kids should be EDUCATED (oh right, they hate that, too....)...

Freaking brilliant.

Totally agree. Women, with the advice of their doctors, have the final say over their own uteruses. I don't understand why rightwing men are so obsessed with controlling a woman's uterus

Forum List

Back