Obama's Rising Poll Numbers

Orange_Juice

Jul 24, 2008
Today's Gallup tracking poll shows Barack Obama continuing to enjoy a convention bounce, and it may still be growing.

The numbers: Obama 49%, McCain 41%, well outside the ±2% margin of error. Yesterday, Obama was up by a 48%-42% margin, after having fallen behind McCain by two points in Gallup just as the convention was beginning. This morning's Rasmussen poll had Obama moving into a 49%-45% lead.

Note that this is a three-day sample that is just starting to take into account the impact from Bill Clinton's full-hearted endorsement of Obama, and we have yet to see any polling from after Obama's big speech last night.

TPM Election Central | Talking Points Memo | Obama's Convention Bounce Grows

Here's the Rasmussen link: Rasmussen Reports: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election.

Interesting bit from that article:

Seems Palin is having the exact effect they wanted her to have, on both fronts.

You expect Palin to draw that many voters? I mean come on. She will get Conservatives to the polls, not moderates or and others. I thought you guys might be counting on McCain speech--ROTF--at the convention to inspire millions!

You expect Palin to draw that many voters? I mean come on. She will get Conservatives to the polls, not moderates or and others. I thought you guys might be counting on McCain speech--ROTF--at the convention to inspire millions!

McCain will get the moderates to the polls on his own.

Remember all the GOPers who were gonig to stay home because of McCain ? Well there is now a reason for them to go vote Republican. Libertarians ? Them too! And don't underestimate women---whatever they claim, they see an HUGE opportunity to put one of their own in the highest elected govermnetal position in history. Do you think they will reject her because she's from the wrong party ? Think again.

Obama is almost a 2-1 favorite everywhere you go to lay a bet on the race ...

Remember all the GOPers who were gonig to stay home because of McCain ? Well there is now a reason for them to go vote Republican. Libertarians ? Them too! And don't underestimate women---whatever they claim, they see an HUGE opportunity to put one of their own in the highest elected govermnetal position in history. Do you think they will reject her because she's from the wrong party ? Think again.
i know long time friends that were strong Ron Paul supprters(not the paulbot disruptive type) that have told me they will now be not only voting for McCain/Palin, but actively supporting

Forum List

Back