Obama's response

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
It's been a whole four hours and Obama hasn't flown out to Fort Hood. I mean what the heck?! He should have run out the door and flew out there immediately. Why isnt he there already?!

So what is that jackoff going to do when he gets there besides get into everybody's way and cause even more confusion then what is already going on? Fuck him and his photo ops.

It's been a whole four hours and Obama hasn't flown out to Fort Hood. I mean what the heck?! He should have run out the door and flew out there immediately. Why isnt he there already?!

When he did talk about it on tv he started out by talking about some stupid thing and then as an afterthought talked about the shootings! I do think it was a good idea for him not to go right out there..could you imagine the confusion? They don't need him there right now.

Just thought of something else...if Obama went out there, he probably would end up being shot!

I think he's right in staying out of it. The survivors need treatment, not swarms of the secret service and press that accompany a Presidential visit.

All he could do is get in the way...so it would be best if he just said "The victims have my condolences" on television and be done with it.

What's he going to do other than make the situation harder for law enforcement to handle?

Reasons he didn't go yet:

1. They are still lining up the award to give him when he shows up.
2. Michelle took Air Force One shopping today.
3. Obama isn't very good at helping people with shots. (H1N1)
4. He can't make up his mind.
5. His generals told him to go soon. He hates that.
6. No one wants him there either.

What's he going to do other than make the situation harder for law enforcement to handle?

If he were any kind of President, President Obama would already KNOW what to do.

He should go out there personally, conduct the investigation himself, make any arrests (as warranted) of any surviving perpetrators (if any are still alive) and then personally handle the prosecution of any such surviving and arrested assailant.

/sarcasm.

When he did talk about it on tv he started out by talking about some stupid thing and then as an afterthought talked about the shootings! I do think it was a good idea for him not to go right out there..could you imagine the confusion? They don't need him there right now.

He was addressing how under his administration things are going to be very different for Native Americans. Had a meeting today...

Once he finished congratulating himself and his people, he got onto the 'most important' aspect of his job, the military and their well being. :eusa_eh:

He was addressing how under his administration things are going to be very different for Native Americans. Had a meeting today...

Once he finished congratulating himself and his people, he got onto the 'most important' aspect of his job, the military and their well being. :eusa_eh:

He should have addressed the situation FIRST, IMO but no need for him to rush out there. It would only make matters worse.

Obama would be lambasted by the wingnuts if he flew to Ft. Hoot or not. Even if he goes in a few days, the cons be bitching and moaning about how much it costs to fly Air Force One down there. It would be called a photo op, he'd get the usual whines about not being a "real" CIC, blah blah blah.

obamadidsomething.jpg

OMG!!! Obama that lazy ass played golf on Sunday! Imagine that!

He should have addressed the situation FIRST, IMO but no need for him to rush out there. It would only make matters worse.

I don't think he should go there, until it's all under control and families have time for counseling. He would only been in the way. I think the original post was sarcastic reference to Katrina criticism.

I don't think he should go there, until it's all under control and families have time for counseling. He would only been in the way. I think the original post was sarcastic reference to Katrina criticism.

Upon further review of the OP I think you have a point. My sarcasm detector gets a little out of whack during crisis situations.

I was thinking 9/11 and the idea that President Bush didn't immediately run to New York.

I, too, think President Obama should continue to do as he is. There is nothing he can do (even if the Secret Service would allow him close to the action) right now.

Later if and when he thinks it is appropriate he can go to Fort Hood.

Immie

Get a photo op. It is a military base, so I'm guessing no law enforcement, but Military Police.

Get a photo op. It is a military base, so I'm guessing no law enforcement, but Military Police.

They are police too. In actuality looks like heavy civilian police presence there, as noted one to die was civilian policeman hired on base.

Just heard a few minutes ago that it was a civilian police officer that killed the first suspect and also that the officer died later. I can't confirm that as the wording about who was killed (maybe it was the suspect that died later) was vague.

Immie

Forum List

Back