Obama's religion of peace and love

So then I'll ask the question again, why should I care what his personal religious beliefs are? They aren't always going to be expressed in policy formulation, so your first answer doesn't really impress.

Just because you don't comprehend the answer, doesn't mean the answer is wrong.

And im not trying to impress you with an answer. Im just telling you the truth. If you have a problem with that, it's not mine. You can completely ignore his central beliefs if you want to despite the fact that they explain his totalitarian tendencies. That doesn't mean the rest of us need to be foolish.

Ah, so it IS your contention then that his "religious beliefs" directly impact his policy construction. Not sure why you're so defensive about taking such a stance, I was just curious as to why you felt the need to comment on my question.

I'm guessing that you are saying this is a matter of degree, like he is more evil than the average evil politician? I guess he must be if he is to live up to his reputation as the Antichrist amongst the extreme right.
I'm saying that yes, he's just like every other two-bit liar in the US government, but we can add to it that he specifically promised *not* to be like the others before him. Almost all the other politicians just provide the same, generic lip service. But they don't go out of their way to set the standard really high for themselves, promising to be completely transparent. They don't set the standard high because they know they will be held accountable for it. Obama made so many lofty promises, his followers likened him to the Messiah. Yet he's turned out to not only be like everyone else, but in many ways, to a larger degree. The simple fact is, Obama has escaped the scrutiny he deserves because the mainstream media, college campuses, and labor unions are running cover for him.

It's been a long time -- decades -- since we've seen the President of the United States engage in such hateful, bitter political gamesmanship. Where's all this hope and change? Where's the transparency? Bush Sr. promised no new taxes in his campaign; and for the simple reason that he raised taxes, he was subject to a public lynching by the media that his presidency barely survived. Nixon was impeached and resigned for far less than O'bummer has gotten away with.

It just staggers the mind to think of what's coming over the next 3 years.

No doubt he charmed the socks off of a lot of people. His ether almost got me. Almost.

As for the media/college/union conspiracy notion, there may be some grains of truth in that, I just don't buy that it is an organized effort. The Republicans don't help anything because they pretty much engage in default wholesale opposition most of the time, and media sources like Fox News don't help because, despite whatever legitimate concern for our nation the agency has (and I firmly believe they do), they mainly come across as an extremist hate organization, and not only to people on the decided left. Many mainstream centrist Americans feel that way too.

Obama's "success" is due to a lot of factors, his opposition being among them.

No doubt he charmed the socks off of a lot of people. His ether almost got me. Almost.

As for the media/college/union conspiracy notion, there may be some grains of truth in that, I just don't buy that it is an organized effort. The Republicans don't help anything because they pretty much engage in default wholesale opposition most of the time, and media sources like Fox News don't help because, despite whatever legitimate concern for our nation the agency has (and I firmly believe they do), they mainly come across as an extremist hate organization, and not only to people on the decided left. Many mainstream centrist Americans feel that way too.

Obama's "success" is due to a lot of factors, his opposition being among them.
All points well taken. I mildly disagree on your position that it's not an organized effort in support of Obama. From my point of view it seems very organized. On the FOX thing, I don't like some of the extreme rhetoric that you get from folks like Hannity. But hey, if you think he's bad, turn the channel over to any of the other cable news organizations. Chris Matthews makes even the most zealous, extreme FOX News commentator look like a pacifist Centrist.

Forum List

Back