Obama's Reelection Platform Debunked as "Phoney"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Murf76, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Murf76

Murf76 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +594
    John Merline at Investors Business Daily points out that the main talking points Obama uses to push his reelection bid are all FALSE.

He goes through the five main points that Obama makes almost daily, things like blaming the Bush tax cuts and claiming he staved off another Great Depression and disproves them, so read the whole thing.

What I find amazing though is that Obama keeps running around the country saying these things when they're so easily debunked. I think it's been obvious from the beginning that the guy has no respect for the people of this country. Or maybe he is just a conscienceless bastard who thinks he'll never get caught out.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Listening

Listening Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,044
    When people don't want to admit to themselves they elected an affirmative action moron....well you get it.

Here is from the article:

At a campaign rally, Obama said Romney is "just churning out the same ideas that we saw in the decade before I took office . . . the same tax cuts and deregulation agenda that helped get us into this mess in the first place."

It's a standard Obama talking point. But it's not true. Bush's tax cuts did not cause the last recession.

In fact, once they were fully in effect in 2003, they sparked stronger growth — generating more than 8 million new jobs over the next four years, and GDP growth averaging close to 3%.

Those tax cuts didn't explode the deficit, either, as Obama frequently claims. Deficits steadily declined after 2003, until the recession hit.

Nor was Bush a deregulator. Conservative Heritage Foundation's regulation expert James Gattuso concluded, after reviewing Bush's record, that "regulation grew substantially during the Bush years."

Even the Washington Post's fact-checker, Glenn Kessler, gave Obama's claim three out of four "Pinocchios," saying "it is time for the Obama campaign to retire this talking point, no matter how much it seems to resonate with voters."

What did cause the economic crisis? The housing bubble. And that, in turn, was the result of a determined federal effort to boost homeownership by, among other things, pressuring banks to lower lending standards.

Read More At IBD: http://news.investors.com/100312-62...s-on-five-claims-all-phony.aspx#ixzz28U3Vkncl

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  3. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,968
    Republicans have the BEST platform. Even a brutal rapist deserves the chance to be a father and they are the ones to make sure he gets it.

4. SniperFire

SniperFire Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,223
    Obama's supporters are only interested in grabbin free gubmint stuff while the gittin is still good.

5. Murf76

Murf76 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +594
    It's like team sports at this point... the Blue Jersey vs. the Red Jersey. :rolleyes:
    And that mindset has been brought to us for the last four years by the guy who was supposed to be the Great Unifier, post-partisan, post-racial, the outsider who was going to clean up Washington. :rolleyes:
    What a joke this guy has been. He's doubled, tripled, and quadrupled down on everything people hate about politicians... and yet his supporters continue to carry his water.

6. Listening

Listening Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,044
    How's the butt-hurt ?

I'd send you a get well card...but Ryan's only gonna put bruises on the bruises.

I guess you declined the challenge someone made to you to actually post something of relevance to the thread in which you post.

Dickweed.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,999
    Investor's Business Daily? Wow, that's right up there with Beck, Breitbart and Carlson. Holy shit...

8. Listening

Listening Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,044
    Nobody wants to argue the numbers ?

Didn't think so.

How's that "Romney trounced Obama by lying" strategy working out for you ?

:lol: :lol:

9. Murf76

Murf76 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +594
    You know, I don't think they really even give it that much thought. I think it's almost entirely emotional. If you're a Yankees fan, you gotta hate the Red Sox and vice versa.

My mom was talking politics with her sister, and you know, we're talking about a couple of old grannies at this point... but during the discussion, turns out her sister had always just voted Democrat. It hadn't even occurred to her that she might do something else because that's how she'd always done it. Of course, she'll be voting Romney now.. :cool:. But it was just reflexive.

If we look closely at the way Democrats do business, their arguments are typically emotional ones, ginning up sympathy when they can and fear when they can't, but always geared toward creating mindless devotion to the party.

10. Listening

Listening Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,044
    I tell people that they need to be engaged because the "gimmes" have a vested interest in maintaining the flow of government handouts...otherwise they might need to get jobs.

It feels like the GOP is coming alive again.

We need to keep pressing the point.