obama's record on the war in Iraq

jreeves

Feb 12, 2008
Did you realize Obama actually voted against a withdrawl from Iraq in June of
'06? Then he voted for a withdrawl from Iraq in April of '07? How convenient that he voted for a withdrawl when it was politically advantageous, hmm? But you haven't heard very much of his conflicting votes in the media, wonder if we will hear it in the general election debate?

'06? Then he voted for a withdrawl from Iraq in April of '07? How convenient that he voted for a withdrawl when it was politically advantageous, hmm? But you haven't heard very much of his conflicting votes in the media, wonder if we will hear it in the general election debate?

Well that is enough for Maineman.

Ohh so if it had some pork for Obama it would have been a ok ehh?

who's talking about pork? I'm talking about things that matter.

you guy never do *get* stuff like changing a vote when a bill is amended. It's almost pathological, actually. And again, it's unsourced, so who knows if it's even true?

Where are your usual demands for "proof"?

I'll wait.

who's talking about pork? I'm talking about things that matter.

you guy never do *get* stuff like changing a vote when a bill is amended. It's almost pathological, actually. And again, it's unsourced, so who knows if it's even true?

Where are your usual demands for "proof"?

I'll wait.

I haven't said it is true. Just noting how your trying to cover in case it is. As for changing a vote for procedural reasons Obama is not likely to be the one ask to do that. Rather the leader of his party would. Unless of course Obama was the one that created the bill in the first place, then he might get the job.

So to recap, it is ok to vote FOR the war as long as you GET SOMETHING out of it? Does that about sum up your position?

I would like to see the wording of the 2006 resolution before I place much stock in this...and again... he has been against this war from before it began...Hillary voted for it.

vote 181 S 2766: Would have set a firm withdrawl date from Iraq....Obama voted No

vote 147 H R 1591: Would have set benchmarks and a timetable for withdrawl of troops from Iraq....Obama voted yes

Obama Bin Laden is a compulsive liar who doesn't have the experience needed to hold the office of the leader of the free world. This guy wasn't in the Senate even a year when he decided to run for President missing over 80% of the votes and hasn't done really anything in the Senate. Basically the tax payers are paying him to campaign which isn't fair. Anyone currently elected to an office and decides to run for President or Vice President should have to resign that position as they can not do their job to the best of their ability. We need someone in there who is activly trying to fix things and make laws, attend hearing vote on issues, not someone traveling around the country on the tax payers dime. At the very least his pay should be docked.

Also we have to pay for his Secret Service protection which is bullshit. I think any candidate that requests a Secret Service detail should have to pay for it themselves unless it is like in Senator Clintons case a former First Lady, or Vice President or someone who already had a protective detail before the race. We shouldn't have to pay for his security since he decided to run for office. God knows his campaign can afford it. Just another perfect example of Democrat's wasting taxpayers money.

Like I have said many times before, the Democratic Party is getting sold a load of crap by the worlds largest fertalizer salesman.

Which he has proposed during his campaign.

Actually, there were two separate amenments to the funding bill up for a vote at the time....

He voted against this one

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/109/senate/2/votes/181/

voted for this one on the same day

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/109/senate/2/votes/182/

(the second one was the amendment supported by the dems. the first one had no support).

You really do need to read, understand and stop flailing.

I don't care what any of their records on Iraq are. I want to hear their plans for turning Iraq's factional infighting over to the Iraqi gov't to handle, and disengaging our armed forces from the mess.

Just to be clear, cutting and running is NOT an option, IMO. So anyone offering that and wants MY ear needs to start with Plan B.

I don't care what any of their records on Iraq are. I want to hear their plans for turning Iraq's factional infighting over to the Iraqi gov't to handle, and disengaging our armed forces from the mess.

Just to be clear, cutting and running is NOT an option, IMO. So anyone offering that and wants MY ear needs to start with Plan B.

That is EXACTLY what Obama plans.

Nevada,

If Obama is a liar, then McCain is a liar squared. I would have voted for him back in 2000.

He has been so desperate to be president that he has had his head up Bush's ass for so long he can't see the daylight anymore.

Nice use of Obama and the Bin Laden name. Did you think that up by yourself.

I can see you are already scared shitless that he is going to win.

Nevada,

If Obama is a liar, then McCain is a liar squared. I would have voted for him back in 2000.

He has been so desperate to be president that he has had his head up Bush's ass for so long he can't see the daylight anymore.

Another of your unbiased moderate views I see.

vote 181 S 2766: Would have set a firm withdrawl date from Iraq....Obama voted No

vote 147 H R 1591: Would have set benchmarks and a timetable for withdrawl of troops from Iraq....Obama voted yes

seems like they are two different things to me. what's the problem? where is the inconsistency?

Nevada,

Nah... he got it from Coultergeist and the other loonies. They're terrified of Obama.

I'm very comfortable with the GOP running a totally pro-Iraq war hawk candidate, while republicans complain that Obama isn't anti-war enough.

LOL. That's a debate I'm very comfortable having.

Forum List

Back