Obama's re-election slam dunk as economy improves in 2011...

Re:Willowtree:

so you have a degree in finance but won't post any suggestions, but you will bang people out for not posting suggestions?

I'm not the one constantly bitching about how horrible Obama is doing and what a bad President he is and how the economy is screwed up because of him and unemployment is high because of him.

I disagree wholly with that premise. Virtually all economists agree that there's very little that the federal govt could have done in the last 2 years that they haven't done to try to help the economy.

My complaint is with the naysayers, that say how poor Obama is doing and then don't offer any solutions of their own. What should he have done different? That's my point. If you don't get that, I don't know how else to explain it. People shouldn't blame Obama in a vicious way for not jump-starting the economy unless they have potential solutions that haven't been tried, then they could at least blame him for not doing those things.

That's not a point with any substance to it Revere. I'm not suggesting there's no substance behind your thought. It's just not written. How am I suppose to address your concern when there's nothing substantive in your post.

What is is that you would have him do different? I can name a laundry list of things I would have had W Bush do different. Saying Obama is anti-business doesn't do anything except spout off a bullet point. There's no meat on the bone. Not in the post anyway. I'll give you a softball. Forget what Obama should do. If you could put McCain in office and turn back the clock to January, 2009. McCain knows nothing about the economy, so he's willing to take direction from you. What do you tell McCain to do starting in January, 2009 to get us to a better place today? My point is if you don't have an answer, complaining doesn't make a lot of sense. If you do have an answer, please share. I'm waiting to be enlightened.

Revere,

It's unbelievable. You sound like one of those conservative talk show hosts on the radio, running away from any actual answers.

What would you do? Don't tell me Obama can't do anything. I already know you think that.

The question is if you were dictator in chief starting tomorrow, what would you do? If you don't have an answer, complaining about Obama's inability to do it is unjustified.

I'm not even suggesting your prescription for the ailing economy would be wrong. i'm just saying offer one. Otherwise, complaining about Obama or suggesting we replace him is unjustified because you're not offering a better alternative.

Elephant,
You may want to reconsider using the term "slam dunk"

Sincerely,

George Tenet.

2 years in a long time...anything can happen. Obama could win in a landslide or he might not even be nominated. He could die of cancer from his pack a day smoking habit. Anything can happen.......

How is increasing the tax rate going to improve the economy?

How is spending more and printing money going to improve the economy?

You guys do understand that none of the policies the current administration is pursuing will actually create economic growth, dont you?

I think that folks forget there is a eco-political factor to be considered here that doesn't seem to get a lot of play , my view personally is, if unemployment is not below 8%, he will be toast, Penn. and Ohio are must haves for him, and they don't appear to be friendly venues anymore and that unemployment figure will loom large in those states, bet on it.

How is increasing the tax rate going to improve the economy?

How is spending more and printing money going to improve the economy?

You guys do understand that none of the policies the current administration is pursuing will actually create economic growth, dont you?

I just watched pelois tell us that she is adamant that the tax cuts that don't occur ie.e the rich, should be paid for, she has some gall let me tell you, she submarines paygo whenever she felt like , shes been running the shop with dirty harry for 4 solid years now, she didn't do a budget for this year ala the BS they passed yesterday so they could hide the huge increases they baked into the cake.... ...please. she really is warped, seriously.

and amt, thats tied up with the tax cuts if it doesn't happen, man oh man. And amt was relieved every year under her watch bypassing Paygo to boot...now, she wants things to be paid for? uh yeah right. let me get my check book.

'tax cuts for the rich' , shes another semantically challenged jackass.

Pennsylvania is not a tipping point state. The only way Obama loses it is if the election is lost anyway. Philadelphia is way too strong. Strickland barely lost to Kasich. Kasich was a great candidate. Ohio hasn't turned on Obama at all. Unemployment probably won't be under 8%, but somewhere in the 8s, lower than it is today. Ohioans are no nonsense people generally. They won't vote against Obama, unless there's an alternative that offers them something that they think will work better. That certainly won't come from this board as no one has offered any solutions viable or not. They just whine. I'm sure I'll get a retort for that one. But no actual solution or even a suggestion as to something that might work. As for printing money and spending money to stimulate. What exactly would you have them do instead? Oh yeah, you have no idea................

Obama's re-election slam dunk as economy improves in 2011 and continues into 2012...

Goldman Sachs Boosts Growth Forecasts, Recommends U.S. Banks - Bloomberg

I watched people from Minnesota being interviewed who were saying they were voting Republican. The interviewer said, "After Obama saved car manufacturing jobs when Republicans said, let them fail, why vote Republican?" The answer was, "I thank Obama for saving my job and my house and helping my family, but I think he's a Muslim".

I think Republicans have been very successful in their racist attack on Obama. People actually believe he's a Muslim and we all know "Muslims" have become the "new gay".

It's like an endless parade of derogatory, he doesn't know what he's doing posts from Obama haters, but absolutely no recommendation for what he should have done or should do going forward.

Even when asked a direct question from someone who says they'd welcome it, it's silent. I get no response except more empty anger toward Obama.

I can give you about 1000 reasons I despise the way the Executive branch handled their business from 2002-2008 and what I would have done different at the time or in hindsight. I'm just asking for the same. If you just spout off about how bad Obama is without an explanation or a different course of action that you would have taken, your words are hollow.:cuckoo:
Can't anyone answer ElephantMcDonk's question. If you don't like what Obama has done what would you have done differently? Surely someone can contribute something other than name calling and Rush Limbaugh cliches.

Obama's re-election slam dunk as economy improves in 2011 and continues into 2012...

Goldman Sachs Boosts Growth Forecasts, Recommends U.S. Banks - Bloomberg

I watched people from Minnesota being interviewed who were saying they were voting Republican. The interviewer said, "After Obama saved car manufacturing jobs when Republicans said, let them fail, why vote Republican?" The answer was, "I thank Obama for saving my job and my house and helping my family, but I think he's a Muslim".

I think Republicans have been very successful in their racist attack on Obama. People actually believe he's a Muslim and we all know "Muslims" have become the "new gay".

obama did not save any jobs what he saved was the UAW union contract. GM could have filled chapter 13 and would have scrubbed the union contract. Thats all obama saved was the union.

Forum List

Back