Obama's Problem: Some GOP Candidates Are More Likable

Who do you think is more likable then Obama? You can vote for more then one.

• Nope. I still like Obama better then any of them

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Herman Cain

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Sarah Palin

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Rick Santorum

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Ron Paul

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Tim Pawlenty

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Michele Bachmann

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Newt Gingrich

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • I don't know

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
He was in charge of a lib state. I can understand some willingness to bend, but his health progrm is not Obamacare by any stretch.

He was supposed to be there to provide a brake against an out of control Liberal establishment. Instead of doing so, he allowed the train to hurdle even quicker towards the edge and in fact went and blew up the bridge over the ravine.

I try not to compare Romneycare with Obamacare. They're different animals entirely. However, Romneycare is still a massive money pit. Not only hasn't it saved people money, it has drawn even more on the public monies in order to try and keep a system that couldn't even survive its first decade in solvancy. It has added tons of bureaucracy, cost, pains, etc... to everyone. I now have to include proof of my health insurance with my state tax return every year.

The Gay Marriage thing was an even bigger farce. The SJC (Supreme Judicial Court) overstepped its bounds and DEMANDED that the legislature write legislation to make gay marriage legal. Romney didn't even bat an eye to signing that bill. He (and the legislature) should have told the SJC to go piss up a rope.

What was the unemployment rate in Mass compared to CA, NY, or any other Blue state?

I think don't Romney screwed the state up. The media just made it seem that way.

One way the do that is finding fault in anything and everything.

Last edited:
Jury is out on all of them except Obama.

We know he can't.

The rest is just speculation.

That's pretty arguable.

In any case..the OP is about likability..and from where I sit..President Obama is far more likable then any of his contenders.

What gives Romney any chance at this point is the economy. It certainly isn't his likablity. While he seems like a quite capable fellow..I really don't see him as being to likable.

Long as you're not Israeli, a resident of flyover country, from PA, a Tea Party member, or working at Fox News Obama is really nice.

Which people working at FOX?

I've met a couple. Surprise..they weren't conservatives!:lol:

Oh sure it is.

Even Romney doesn't dispute that..or at least he hasn't, yet.

His only argument seems to be that it was implemented on a state level..as opposed to a Federal level.

Obamacare is over 2000 pages.

Romneycare is around 100.

On what planet are they similar?

Mandated healthcare part?

StatuteThe enacted statute, Chapter 58 of the Acts of 2006, established a system to require individuals, with a few exceptions, to obtain health insurance.[19] Chapter 58 has several key provisions: the creation of the Health Connector; the establishment of the subsidized Commonwealth Care Health Insurance Program; the employer Fair Share Contribution and Free Rider Surcharge; and a requirement that each individual must show evidence of coverage on their income tax return or face a tax penalty, unless coverage was deemed unaffordable by the Health Connector.[19] The statute also expands MassHealth (Medicaid and SCHIP) coverage for children of low income parents and restores MassHealth benefits like dental care and eyeglasses.

Massachusetts health care reform - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's one page. Where's the really damaging part that requires no pre-conditions, puts draconian regulations on insurance companys and group-health plans putting them out of business?

Last edited:
That's pretty arguable.

In any case..the OP is about likability..and from where I sit..President Obama is far more likable then any of his contenders.

What gives Romney any chance at this point is the economy. It certainly isn't his likablity. While he seems like a quite capable fellow..I really don't see him as being to likable.

Long as you're not Israeli, a resident of flyover country, from PA, a Tea Party member, or working at Fox News Obama is really nice.

Which people working at FOX?

I've met a couple. Surprise..they weren't conservatives!:lol:

Most journalists aren't.

But then Fox rejected the Soros bribe.

They told him to take a hike where as CNN and the rest took the money.

I think don't Romney screwed the state up. The media just made it seem that way.

I think you're missing the point, mud. The state was screwed up when Romney arrived. He was supposed to be the guy to come in and fix that. Instead of fixing it, he made it worse. The Boston media LOVED HIM for it; which was one of the easiest ways to determine that he wasn't any good for the State.

I think you're missing the point, mud. The state was screwed up when Romney arrived. He was supposed to be the guy to come in and fix that. Instead of fixing it, he made it worse. The Boston media LOVED HIM for it; which was one of the easiest ways to determine that he wasn't any good for the State.

What was your basis for this belief?

Did you or a friend lose their job?

Did the homeless numbers go up?

Did the price of everything skyrocket?

Likability has nothing to do with effectiveness. I want effectiveness.

I beg to differ.

A great leader is loved, not despised.

I was talking about electability, but leadership is a trait that most butt-reaming assholes don't have. How much leadership potential does the Weiner-man have right now?

I beg to differ.

I was talking about electability, but leadership is a trait that most butt-reaming assholes don't have. How much leadership potential does the Weiner-man have right now?

Let me modify a bit for you...

A great leader is loved by those who agree with him, and despised by those who don't. A great leader is effective, a poor leader is ineffective.

I beg to differ.

A great leader is loved by those who agree with him, and despised by those who don't. A great leader is effective, a poor leader is ineffective.

It all depends on why you like him

Is it cuz he gives you shit or because he gets things done that is a benefit to the economy and the country in general.

I beg to differ.

Is it cuz he gives you shit or because he gets things done that is a benefit to the economy and the country in general.

I didn't like Reagan for a variety of reasons, but he was an effective leader and was able to get the country moving in a direction. I didn't care for Clinton either but again he was an effective leader, getting the country moving in a direction.

Carter, Bush, and GWB were ineffective leaders and were well liked by many, but did nothing to move the country in a direction.

I didn't like Reagan for a variety of reasons, but he was an effective leader and was able to get the country moving in a direction. I didn't care for Clinton either but again he was an effective leader, getting the country moving in a direction.

Carter, Bush, and GWB were ineffective leaders and were well liked by many, but did nothing to move the country in a direction.

Getting the country going in a direction isn't good if the direction is downward.

Bush got us out of a recession. He led this country in a fight to keep us safe.

He succeeded in both.

The Dems take Congress and it's been downhill ever since.

Obama has done little other then cause divisions.

His leadership experience listed was community-organizing. COs are professional trouble-makers. He has been very successful at doing that. The direction he's taking us is that of decline. The wrong direction if you want a better life, but a direction nonetheless.

Last edited:

Getting the country going in a direction isn't good if the direction is downward.

He succeeded in both.

His leadership experience listed was community-orgainizing. COs are professional trouble-makers. He has been very successful at doing that. The direction he's taking us is that of decline. The wrong direction if you want a better life, but a direction nonetheless.

I guess it would depend on where you are standing to decide which direction it is going. When Reagan was in charge I was moving up but slowly, with Bush the movement stopped, and then Clinton, I started up again, with GWB I stopped and then started declining, his second term I went into freefall, now with Obama I have stopped the freefall and hope to move forward again if the Republican congress allows it. This is how I have to judge which president will benefit me.

He succeeded in both.

His leadership experience listed was community-orgainizing. COs are professional trouble-makers. He has been very successful at doing that. The direction he's taking us is that of decline. The wrong direction if you want a better life, but a direction nonetheless.

I guess it would depend on where you are standing to decide which direction it is going. When Reagan was in charge I was moving up but slowly, with Bush the movement stopped, and then Clinton, I started up again, with GWB I stopped and then started declining, his second term I went into freefall, now with Obama I have stopped the freefall and hope to move forward again if the Republican congress allows it. This is how I have to judge which president will benefit me.

Obama is doing nothing.

The Dems in the Senate are doing nothing.

The GOP is trying but they catch hell because doing something painted a big bullseye on their backs

'Don't change my Medicare, don't make a move to cut my stuff!'

Obama has no budget and sees fit to criticize theirs.

This is not leadership.

This is what any wise-ass can do. Sit back and make fun of those who try to lead.

Last edited:

He succeeded in both.

Obama is doing nothing.

The GOP is trying but they catch hell because doing something painted a big bullseye on their backs

Obama has no budget and sees fit to criticise their's.

This is not leadership.

This is what any wise-ass can do. Sit back and make fun of those who try to lead.

There is much to be said about trying to lead those who don't want to follow. The term obstructionist comes to mind. Republicans are like children holding their breath until they get their way. Let me be clear. The Democrats do the same thing. There are points in time when not doing anything is good and there are times when not doing anything is bad. This is one of those times when not doing anything is bad. Republicans and Democrats need to compromise but the extemeists on both sides are preventing compromise.

Obama is doing nothing.

This is not leadership.

There is much to be said about trying to lead those who don't want to follow. The term obstructionist comes to mind. Republicans are like children holding their breath until they get their way. Let me be clear. The Democrats do the same thing. There are points in time when not doing anything is good and there are times when not doing anything is bad. This is one of those times when not doing anything is bad. Republicans and Democrats need to compromise but the extemeists on both sides are preventing compromise.

The extremists on the right are Ron Paul supporters.

The extremists on the left occupy the White House.

Last edited:
Obama is doing nothing.

This is not leadership.

The extremists on the right are Rand Paul supporters.

who would you consider a non extremist Democrat? perhaps a Blue Dog?

The extremists on the right are Rand Paul supporters.

who would you consider a non extremist Democrat? perhaps a Blue Dog?
He changed to Independent. Can't remember his name. Ran for VP with Gore. Jewish. Joe leiberman

Harry Reid isn't an extremist. He's just an idiot.

Forum List

Back