Obama's Portrait Artist made Paintings of White Women

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
getting their heads cut off

Man ole man

-Geaux

FACT CHECK: Did Obama's Portraitist Paint an Image of a Black Woman Holding the Severed Head of a White Person?

The unveiling of former President Barack Obama’s official portrait on 12 February 2018 also introduced many Americans to artist Kehinde Wiley for the first time as well, as opening the door to late-breaking controversy over some of Wiley’s earlier work.

Wiley, who has described his own visual style as “bombastic, syrupy, and garish,” is celebrated in the contemporary art world for his large-scale portraits of black and brown men and women striking heroic poses modeled on those of aristocrats in classic European paintings.

Two portraits in particular, both of them modern takes on the biblical story of Judith beheading Holofernes and featuring elegantly-dressed black women brandishing the severed heads of white women, suddenly turned controversial in the context of Wiley’s new role as a presidential portraitist. Images of the paintings were shared on social media with comments stating or implying that their content is racist:

https://twitter.com/jeanniology/status/963166802929967104

I guess they could not have found a less inflammatory artist. And I am sure she was vetted and that is why the (2) communist in the Obama's hired her

-Geaux

that painting is a "recreation" of an old painting that is in now way relative to the old one. The only similarity is a woman is holding a severed human head. This painting is about black empowerment. His own words.
Dude is a psycho

What is Trump hires an artist who made paintings of Hitler?

I suspect the outrage would be off the charts

-Geaux

Forum List

Back