Obama's pork

Right.. I'd rather give money to a state that needed a bridge to have them kill the deal but still keep the money... how is that not theft? I'd also rather give money to alaska to study the mating habits of crabs than to give money to a planetarium so that kids can get inspired to learn about voodoo math and pagan science...

ST. PAUL (WCCO) ― John McCain chose Gov. Sarah Palin in part because of her maverick status in Alaska, including her willingness to oppose earmarks, but Palin worked the system as well as anyone when she was a mayor AND a governor.

"I didn't get into government to do the safe and easy things," Palin said.

It's TRUE. Palin requested $198 million in earmarks for Alaska in next year's federal budget, which includes $25 million for Coastal Salmon Recovery and $3.2 million for sea lion biological research.

As a mayor, Palin also struck Yukon gold in Washington.

IN FACT, according to the watchdog group Taxpayers for Common Sense, Palin hired a Washington lobbyist to secure earmarks for tiny Wasilla, Alaska when she was mayor. The town of 6,715 received nearly $27 million in federal dollars from 2000 to 2003. That includes $1.9 million for public transit and $15 million for a rail line connecting Wasilla to the hometown of Alaska Senator Ted Stevens.

And there's MORE. Palin gained fame, and notoriety, for taking on the Republican establishment, opposing in Alaska the infamous bridge to nowhere -- a symbol of wasteful Washington spending.

wcco.com - Reality Check: Gov. Palin's Earmarks

stop trying to make a pig's ear into a silk purse.

Right.. I'd rather give money to a state that needed a bridge to have them kill the deal but still keep the money... how is that not theft? I'd also rather give money to alaska to study the mating habits of crabs than to give money to a planetarium so that kids can get inspired to learn about voodoo math and pagan science...

Wow you just can't admit Obama has done anything wrong huh. So you justify everything he has done right on.

ST. PAUL (WCCO) ― John McCain chose Gov. Sarah Palin in part because of her maverick status in Alaska, including her willingness to oppose earmarks, but Palin worked the system as well as anyone when she was a mayor AND a governor.

"I didn't get into government to do the safe and easy things," Palin said.

It's TRUE. Palin requested $198 million in earmarks for Alaska in next year's federal budget, which includes $25 million for Coastal Salmon Recovery and $3.2 million for sea lion biological research.

As a mayor, Palin also struck Yukon gold in Washington.

IN FACT, according to the watchdog group Taxpayers for Common Sense, Palin hired a Washington lobbyist to secure earmarks for tiny Wasilla, Alaska when she was mayor. The town of 6,715 received nearly $27 million in federal dollars from 2000 to 2003. That includes $1.9 million for public transit and $15 million for a rail line connecting Wasilla to the hometown of Alaska Senator Ted Stevens.

And there's MORE. Palin gained fame, and notoriety, for taking on the Republican establishment, opposing in Alaska the infamous bridge to nowhere -- a symbol of wasteful Washington spending.

wcco.com - Reality Check: Gov. Palin's Earmarks

stop trying to make a pig's ear into a silk purse.
Plus her state has a surplus! Why didn't they use some of the money they got from taxing the Oil Companies more for these projects. Thank but No Thanks! Give me a break!

Wow you just can't admit Obama has done anything wrong huh. So you justify everything he has done right on.
And do you justify the money Palin kept? Even though she made it out to the American voters like she gave it back.

nope.. just pointing out that you cant be all high and mighty when you and your peeps are in no position to be casting stones... anyone can say they are all mavericky but ya kinda have to have the record to back it up...

Forum List

Back