Obama's Popularity Steadily Eroding

Dear factfinder,
I have been a dem since turning 18 and voting for Clinton both times, I am now 35 and married and my wife and I BOTH are dems and I personally am becoming more and more liberal as I grow older. Besides I thought elections were for the people ALL people?

We just happen to disagree more with conservatism and feel the dems are for and ALWAYS have been more for the little guy than republicans,simple ideological beliefs, isnt that what this country is about? We can choose to be this or be that, if we all thought the same way and we as people were all the same than wouldnt this be a boring world to live in?

Well, I'm 56 so in my eyes you are still a kid. You missed the Carter years. The economy was being driven into the ground then too. Yeah yeah, the Reps started it but Obama is doing all the Dem stuff that they tried in Carter's time. Didn't work then, won't work now.
It will only get worse. They are proceeding to govern as if they had gotten control in the midst of a boom. Their numbers don't work and will starve the private sector of needed funds for recovery. The deficit alone will not be able to be financed from China because it is too large. What will Obama do when he can't get the cash to pay for all this crap. Print?
There goes inflation higher than the Carter years which was something like 17%. Not pretty.

That's what I found admirable about Bush. He wasn't worried about his approval rating he just did what he thought was right regardless of what people would think.

So did a lot of other idiots in history.:eek:

I don't love every decision he made. I don't idolize him. I do think that having someone that will make their decisions independent from what is popular is a good thing. To me, that's what a leader does.

Just for the record LifeLongDem.

the only aspects of the Stimulus plan that I approved of was the extension of unemployment benefits and strengthening the food stamp program. If you look carefully at the budget you will see they parse out at about a dime for the little guy and $100 bucks for them.

Just the "Facts" maam.

The Rasmussen poll demonstrates steady erosion. This is a poll that is done daily. The numbers have done nothing but go down since day one.

I knew that would happen but did not expect to be occurring this quickly.

As far as your personal denouncements. I had nothing to do with creating the poll. Sorry that it doesn't fly with any illusions or fantasies.

President Obama Job Approval
Polling Data

President Obama Job Approval
Polling Data
Poll Date Sample Approve Disapprove Spread
RCP Average 02/17 - 02/26 -- 64.2 27.2 +37.0
Gallup 02/24 - 02/26 1551 A 67 21 +46
Rasmussen Reports 02/24 - 02/26 1500 LV 60 40 +20
ABC News/Wash Post 02/19 - 02/22 1001 A 68 25 +43
CBS News/NY Times 02/18 - 02/22 1112 A 63 22 +41
CNN 02/18 - 02/19 1046 A 67 29 +38
FOX News 02/17 - 02/18 900 RV 60 26 +34

See All President Obama Job Approval Polling Data

higher than what your trying to post there factfinder, including the rasmussen poll

His popularity WILL erode. Bush's was 90 percent in the weeks following 9/11 and 70 percent when Saddam was captured. Obama's approval ratings are high because the country is still in euphoria from Bush leaving the White House. Americans will get tired of the mass spending Obama and the democrats are doing and will eventually hold them accountable.

higher than what your trying to post there factfinder, including the rasmussen poll

All you have to do is follow my link on the opening post. I have no responsibility for how some 3rd party website parses data. Rasmussens own site disputes it.

Dear factfinder,
I have been a dem since turning 18 and voting for Clinton both times, I am now 35 and married and my wife and I BOTH are dems and I personally am becoming more and more liberal as I grow older. Besides I thought elections were for the people ALL people?

We just happen to disagree more with conservatism and feel the dems are for and ALWAYS have been more for the little guy than republicans,simple ideological beliefs, isnt that what this country is about? We can choose to be this or be that, if we all thought the same way and we as people were all the same than wouldnt this be a boring world to live in?

Except Liberals try very hard to shut op the opposition, with political correct speech and things like the " Fairness doctrine" Liberals are fair weather friends of rights. They support them so long as they advance their agenda and get them votes, but the reality is the leaders of the movement think they are smarter then everyone else and should be able to do what ever they think is right. Damn the Constitution, damn the laws, those are for the ignorant masses, not the enlightened rulers that just know whats best for all us dumb shits. It is always do as I say, not as I do with Liberal elite. Taxes? Bah, why should they have to pay those? They are working so hard to help us all after all?

Fat super rich liberals in Congress and you think THEY care about the little guy? What a fucking joke. They USE the little guy, they buy his votes and lie to him about what they intend to do. They bought and paid for the black vote and the Union vote. They only give them crumbs to appease them to keep those votes in their corner.

Obama was crystal clear what he thinks of Americans. Anyone that disagrees with him is hooked on religion and guns, cause they just have to have something to cling too after all. In all 57 States.

how are cons any better at supporting the little guy unless the little guy to them is their super rich corporate buddies who have had the advantage of EVERY tax loophole in the book, are allowed to ship US jobs and companies overseas without nary an investigation? Walmart the richest company in the US can claim those cheap prices because they outsource to China where products are made in sweat shops for 13 cents an hour? How is that fair to the little guy in the US or how about that they are the worst at opposing unionization and allowing their employees the right to unionize if they so choose and why is it that the LOVELY republicans are the most outspoken anti union folks?

how are cons any better at supporting the little guy unless the little guy to them is their super rich corporate buddies who have had the advantage of EVERY tax loophole in the book, are allowed to ship US jobs and companies overseas without nary an investigation? Walmart the richest company in the US can claim those cheap prices because they outsource to China where products are made in sweat shops for 13 cents an hour? How is that fair to the little guy in the US or how about that they are the worst at opposing unionization and allowing their employees the right to unionize if they so choose and why is it that the LOVELY republicans are the most outspoken anti union folks?

Globalization sucks, heh? Guess what, the elitist branch of the Dems are every bit as involved in this.

Last edited:
according to the newest abc news/washington post poll as discussed on their this week show 63 percent of Americans trust Obama over the GOP on the economy and about the same feel that he is doing a better job than the republicans at trying to work with and get along with the other side

Those 63% who trust him should press him to release his full signed and sealed birth certificate and school records and passport. I do not want a man running my country who does not have the math skills to realize that spending under $50 to release all his records is better than spending over $800,000 to hide them... if he is eligible to be president.

are we still on that stupid bs...GET OVER IT ALREADY! every case got overturned in court...no basis to it...geesh you conspiracy nuts crack me up!:lol:

When Clinton signed Nafta, was he looking out for the little guy? When Obama said people cling to anti-trade, is THAT looking out for the little guy? Obama is in favor of free trade agreements which send jobs OVERSEAS. Deal with it.

according to the newest abc news/washington post poll as discussed on their this week show 63 percent of Americans trust Obama over the GOP on the economy and about the same feel that he is doing a better job than the republicans at trying to work with and get along with the other side

Those 63% who trust him should press him to release his full signed and sealed birth certificate and school records and passport. I do not want a man running my country who does not have the math skills to realize that spending under $50 to release all his records is better than spending over $800,000 to hide them... if he is eligible to be president.

He's an american citizen. Get over it already. You're as bad as those 9/11 truthers.

You will need to actually PROVE Walmart prevents its employees from Unionizing. And since they do not, you can not. As for the rest, last I checked this is still a free country where a company can legally buy from any country we do not have listed as no trade with AND the American people are FREE to chose where they shop and buy their food and products from. But then being a Liberal I understand where you are coming from, being the enlightened ones you should be able to dictate where a Company can buy its products from and where the citizenry can shop as well. And of course you should be able to FORCE employees that do NOT want a Union to go Union anyway. Of course you will be exempt from any of this rules and be free to buy what every YOU want from anywhere.

I am anti Union because Unions are now nothing more then what they were created to fight, BIG BUSINESS. I have asked this before, perhaps YOU can answer? Why should a person pay dues to a Union National headquarters that can then dictate to the local when to go on strike. The strike losing the union member his pay and all he has access to is any strike fund he and his fellow locals have contributed too. The whole time the HIGH PAID suits at the National Office never miss a pay check and never have to worry about how they will feed their kids tomorrow.

And remind me how often Union retirement funds have been stolen or creatively depleted by the Union Bosses?You know, the fucking MOB. Remind me how it is ok for the thugs the union hires to beat union members that disagree with policy and threaten them with death or bodily harm if they do not do as told by the National Office? How it is ok that the unions now want open voting so their goons can see who to terrorize to win the next vote?

Just a couple of questions.

Life_Long_Dem

This may enlighten you a little. Remember it was the hedge funds who were the proud sponsors of $147/barrel oil.

Obama and the Hedge Fund Factor - DealBook Blog - NYTimes.com

Mr. Obama’s hedge fund contributors include:

John Griffin, the founder of Blue Ridge Capital, who made $625 million in 2007, according to Alpha. Mr. Griffin is backing Mr. Obama after initially supporting Mitt Romney.

Kenneth C. Griffin (no relation) of the Citadel Investment Group in Chicago, who earned $1.5 billion. He contributed to the Obama campaign after the senator came to his office last year.

Stephen Mandel of Lone Pine Capital, who took home $710 million last year.

And, of course, George Soros, who earned almost $3 billion last year. It is no surprise that Mr. Soros, a Democratic stalwart, is backing Mr. Obama. Mr. Soros campaigned against President Bush in 2004, and Moveon.org, which the billionaire investor has plied with tens of millions of dollars, endorsed Mr. Obama in February.

Of course, not every Richie Rich is backing Mr. Obama.

James H. Simons, the mathematician who runs Renaissance Technologies, who made $2.8 billion last year, has donated to Mrs. Clinton.

And Steven Cohen of SAC Capital, whose take home pay was $900 million, is splitting his money down the middle: He donated $28,500 to both the Democratic and Republican Senatorial Campaign Committee. (He had given money to John E. Sununu and Christopher J. Dodd.)

John Paulson of Paulson & Company, the top earner, with $3.7 billion last year, doesn’t appear to have a financial dog left in the hunt: He gave to Mitt Romney and Rudolph Giuliani.

Philip Falcone, who founded Harbinger Partners and made $1.7 billion last year, has given to the Republican National Committee, but to no individual candidate. (His firm may have bought itself influence in another way: It recently won agreement from The New York Times Company to add two members to its board.)

Timothy Barakett of Atticus Capital, who made $750 million, and O. Andreas Halvorsen of Viking Global Investors, who earned $520 million, don’t appear to have given money to either side.

and this from the Times! of course they try to spin favorably for ole Obam

Forum List

Back