Obama's Popularity Steadily Eroding

And unavoidable.

I can't wait until he doesn't have that new car smell anymore and we can just get on with the business of running the country.

And unavoidable.

I can't wait until he doesn't have that new car smell anymore and we can just get on with the business of running the country.

Sad thing, in our "American Idol" culture, they will likely find a way to make him "popular" again through publicity stunts.

And unavoidable.

Sad thing, in our "American Idol" culture, they will likely find a way to make him "popular" again through publicity stunts.

That's what I found admirable about Bush. He wasn't worried about his approval rating he just did what he thought was right regardless of what people would think.

Well the economy would have to improve and that is not likely since he is shifiting wealth into the hands of the government rather than private citizens.

And unavoidable.

That's what I found admirable about Bush. He wasn't worried about his approval rating he just did what he thought was right regardless of what people would think.

Jr. didn't do what he thought was right, he just did what he wanted. That's the issue I have with Jr.. But you are right, his one redeeming quality was that he didn't live on the pop culture waves like Obama is.

I hate pop culture.

according to the newest abc news/washington post poll as discussed on their this week show 63 percent of Americans trust Obama over the GOP on the economy and about the same feel that he is doing a better job than the republicans at trying to work with and get along with the other side

according to the newest abc news/washington post poll as discussed on their this week show 63 percent of Americans trust Obama over the GOP on the economy and about the same feel that he is doing a better job than the republicans at trying to work with and get along with the other side

LifeLongDem,

I used to be one of those then I grew up.

I am now an avid moderate/Independent. You know one of those folks who actually decide the elections. Since the Republicans are mostly a non factor polls relating them to Obama are rather mute. Wouldn't you say? Isn't it time to get over the election and focus on the here and now? The here and now is stating that Obama is on many wrong tracks and the numbers are backing it up.

Last edited:

So did a lot of other idiots in history.:eek:

RayBoy,
I think Jesus was an Independent.

I don't think He would have any part of either party other than to save their sorry asses.

This ole Army salutes your Marine.

Dear factfinder,
I have been a dem since turning 18 and voting for Clinton both times, I am now 35 and married and my wife and I BOTH are dems and I personally am becoming more and more liberal as I grow older. Besides I thought elections were for the people ALL people?

We just happen to disagree more with conservatism and feel the dems are for and ALWAYS have been more for the little guy than republicans,simple ideological beliefs, isnt that what this country is about? We can choose to be this or be that, if we all thought the same way and we as people were all the same than wouldnt this be a boring world to live in?

Well the economy would have to improve and that is not likely since he is shifiting wealth into the hands of the government rather than private citizens.

He appears to me to be shifting most of the money into the vaults of the banks.

What are you seeing that I am missing, FF?

Serious question, I'm not trying you piss you off.

Please explain what you mean.

And unavoidable.

A couple things about Bush: he wasn't Cheney's puppet as everyone thought. He stood by his decisions and they were his decisions. While people like Cheney did influence those decisions, they weren't calling the shots.

The bad thing is that Bush could have certainly surrounded himself with better people. Had he listened to the right people, we may have avoided the mess in Iraq. I'm not saying that we wouldn't have gone in, but if we had gone in with more troops in the beginning and stabalized the situation quickly, our goals may well have been met and the situation would be much differnt than it turned out to be.

Americans just get poorer and poorer.. way to go democrats

Um ... yeah ... talk about deflecting the blame. I don't think I should have to point out just how wrong that statement is.

PS: Remember, I don't think they will do any better.

they will,, when he gets through with his cap and trade,, who you think gonna pay that tab?? :lol::lol:

Everyone, Democrats AND Republicans, liberals AND conservatives. However, the point is, even though it's obvious this bill will hurt us more than help, they haven't been "in power" long enough to blame America getting poorer yet. At least hold off until a little longer to point fingers, but if you want to get things done pointing fingers won't cut it, or we will end up with what we had with the last admin.

Let us not forget, Bush had a 92% approval rating and America vehemently supported our going to war. Of course, when reality set in, we know what happened. If the stimulus doesn't bare fruit for the economy, Obama will come crashing down and we're all going to be asking why we spent trillions of dollars for nothing.

Forum List

Back