Obama's policies killing oil industry

Profit at the oil company soared compared to the same period a year ago, when it was $7.4 billion. Per-share income climbed to $2.13 per share from $1.44 in the prior year.

Chevron is scheduled to report third-quarter earnings on Friday. The company is expected to announce revenues of nearly $70 billion, an increase of 40% from a year ago, and net income of $6.7 billion

Exxon attributes profit surge to high oil prices - Oct. 27, 2011

:eusa_whistle:

Wow...that must be why they need all those subsidies...

This GnOP rep seems to think they do...

Cliff Stearns' Odd Stance on Subsidies - YouTube

LOL I bet you think they only do business in the states, probably also believe all the money they make is from gas at the pump.

I bet you even think that removing subsidies that make oil companies competitive, will lower prices and not increase them.

But it is a OK to subsidize energy for green, its how the dem buddies get paid off.

Turkey is building scores of hydro electric projects for energy independence.
The USA is just sitting on it's ass and in denial about future energy problems.

Last edited:

LOL I bet you think they only do business in the states, probably also believe all the money they make is from gas at the pump.

I bet you even think that removing subsidies that make oil companies competitive, will lower prices and not increase them.

But it is a OK to subsidize energy for green, its how the dem buddies get paid off.

How about we don't subsidize ANY industry making a profit (and a pretty obscene one I might add)? Subsidies aren't bad and are certainly needed in the burgeoning alternative energy field, but if your industry and your company are making a profit, that should automatically end ANY subsidy by the US Taxpayer.

If you are on unemployment and get a job, you don't get unemployment anymore.

Wow...that must be why they need all those subsidies...

This GnOP rep seems to think they do...

Cliff Stearns' Odd Stance on Subsidies - YouTube

How about we don't subsidize ANY industry making a profit (and a pretty obscene one I might add)? Subsidies aren't bad and are certainly needed in the burgeoning alternative energy field, but if your industry and your company are making a profit, that should automatically end ANY subsidy by the US Taxpayer.

So you still insist on picking winners and losers with taxpayer money. You started out great but then fell flat.

Turkey is building scored of hydro electric projects for energy independence.

It's truly sickening. We are supposed to be the innovators and we are falling woefully behind countries when it comes to alternative energy. Of course, that's by design...

The drug dealers want to keep us hooked...

"We don't want the West to go and find alternatives, because, clearly, the higher the price of oil goes, the more they have incentives to go and find alternatives." ~ Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal

The article you cited doesn't say it's Obama's fault.....in fact it doesn't even mention his name once

Sacrasm isn't your strong suit? At any rate, there are NUMEROUS posts by "conservatives" to be found here about how Obama's policies and even the temporary drilling moratorium would hurt the oil industry. To quote Obama, "They are doing just fine"....

Amazing isn't.

If this is "failure", I'll take it.:lol:

So you still insist on picking winners and losers with taxpayer money. You started out great but then fell flat.

Do you actually read people's posts?

Bull. Subsidies have their place. Partnerships between the government and industry is essential. However, if your industry is recording obscene profits, why should the government continue to subsidize you? That is ludicrous.

It should be noted that it is the Independent oil and gas companies that drill 95% of the wells in this country. Stop citing profits of the major international companies- of which there are very few.

There is a renaissance going on in the United States with respect to oil and gas production.

A decades-long decline in domestic production is being reversed with respect to crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids. At the heart of this trend are small independently owned companies, not major international integrated corporate conglomerates.

Surprised? No wonder, considering the plethora of bullshit that you have been fed over the years by the liberal media as well as the President himself.

This successful course was not spun from any "shovel ready" stimulus, it was not generated by a bailout or buy out, nor was it created by any government caveat.

It was born of a risk-taking mentality posessed by individuals who have confidence in not only themselves, but in the science and technology of an industry that originated in this country and that is second to none worldwide.

The petroleum industry presents itself as one of the very few, if not the only, domestic economic sectors that is today a vibrant and successful job-creating tax generating entity that exhibits true potential in such a troubling environment.

Yet- keep in mind... Obama's proposed budget contains tens of billions of dollars in punitive tax provisions directed at this very same industry.

This idiotic moron has got to go.

"You mean he is responsibly regulating the oil industry- There won't be a superheated boom, nor scandal or catastrophe, nor a superheated, corrupt Pub bust. Learn something someday.

Yep he just did what he could to slow funding and such for the environmental agencies.
Yes he did. We had two wars.

Obama is likely more in the pockets of big oil. He is at least as much in the pockets as Boooosh was.

No--he's just in these pockets--LOL

Show-Horse.jpg

How can the right be so damned stupid?

Blind adherence to dogma.

Not true.

The right wants to drill in Alaska and off the coast of Florida.

What could go wrong?

We are supposed to be the innovators and we are falling woefully behind countries when it comes to alternative energy. Of course, that's by design...

For conservatives, alternative energy is communism.

The petroleum industry presents itself as one of the very few, if not the only, domestic economic sectors that is today a vibrant and successful job-creating tax generating entity that exhibits true potential in such a troubling environment.

Yet- keep in mind... Obama's proposed budget contains tens of billions of dollars in punitive tax provisions directed at this very same industry.

You contradict yourself.

If the ‘petroleum industry presents itself as one of the…domestic economic sectors that is today a vibrant and successful…tax generating entity,’ then how can those very same taxes be ‘punitive.’?

What’s idiotic and moronic is to continue to subsidize ‘a vibrant and successful…tax generating entity’

There is a renaissance going on in the United States with respect to oil and gas production.

A decades-long decline in domestic production is being reversed with respect to crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids. At the heart of this trend are small independently owned companies, not major international integrated corporate conglomerates.

Surprised? No wonder, considering the plethora of bullshit that you have been fed over the years by the liberal media as well as the President himself.

This successful course was not spun from any "shovel ready" stimulus, it was not generated by a bailout or buy out, nor was it created by any government caveat.

It was born of a risk-taking mentality posessed by individuals who have confidence in not only themselves, but in the science and technology of an industry that originated in this country and that is second to none worldwide.

:beer:

Forum List

Back