Obama's Plans for the New Welfare State

auditor0007

Gold Member
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, OH
Can You Be Too Fat to Work?
Mar 17th 2009
By Jeremy Taylor
None of the Chawners, a married English couple and their two adult daughters, have worked in 11 years. Yet the British government pays them a combined 45,000 dollars an annum in various disability benefits stemming from their morbid obesity. (The Chawners weigh between 240 and 340 pounds each.)

Can You Be Too Fat to Work? - Asylum | Men's Lifestyle | Humor, weird news, sex tips, fashion, dating, food and gadgets

With all of America's obese people, we could be in a lot of trouble.

With all the fatheads on this board, we are indeed in deep trouble. As evidenced by the million dollar incompetants at AIG, it is the very wealthy of this nation that seem to be the primary welfare recipients. Time to put them to work at something that suits their talents. We need more janitors.

I have never really got why poor people are fat! I get really why they are but when I was a broke college student living with my friend it was the best diet to be on. Of course I worked and didn't recieve food stamps.
My friend actually takes care of a lady who is like these people.

With all the fatheads on this board, we are indeed in deep trouble. As evidenced by the million dollar incompetants at AIG, it is the very wealthy of this nation that seem to be the primary welfare recipients. Time to put them to work at something that suits their talents. We need more janitors.

Coming from a carpenter I understand your hatred of bosses
have about 60 of you myself. Just signed a contract for about 20 of you to cleanup pollution (total bullshit and a waste of taxpayer dollars but you know about green ) and paying them $60.00 per hour with full benefits and they still hate me. Your jealousy of those that have acquired wealth while you refuse to do over time or start your own business is evident. As I have told you before a college degree only gives you the right to work to achieve success it is not a guarantee

have about 60 of you myself. Just signed a contract for about 20 of you to cleanup pollution (total bullshit and a waste of taxpayer dollars but you know about green ) and paying them $60.00 per hour with full benefits and they still hate me. Your jealousy of those that have acquired wealth while you refuse to do over time or start your own business is evident. As I have told you before a college degree only gives you the right to work to achieve success it is not a guarantee

Are you under the impression that people think YOU'RE rich?

You WORK cleaning up toxic waste or something and you imagine that WE imagine that you are rich?

Man you're nothing but working stiff.

Are you under the impression that people think YOU'RE rich?

You WORK cleaning up toxic waste or something and you imagine that WE imagine that you are rich?

Man you're nothing but working stiff.

If he makes more then 250k Obama thinks he is rich.

I have never really got why poor people are fat! I get really why they are but when I was a broke college student living with my friend it was the best diet to be on. Of course I worked and didn't recieve food stamps.

Actually it's logical as to why. The price of one apple is more than a bag of chips these days, and the chips will make you feel fuller. So when they are low on funds people tend to buy more junk food, thus those who are low on funds all the time or are homeless will buy junk food all the time.

Look it makes sense to find ways to incentivize people to exercise and lose weight. We save bucks on healthcare, we save bucks on disability, we don't look like a bunch of butterballs.....

IMO the health risks are what incentivize me most to keep weight off, but YMMV.

Actually ... this shows there is too much trust placed in what doctors say now. Next you know there wiil be disability for restless leg syndrome *eye roll*

Actually it's logical as to why. The price of one apple is more than a bag of chips these days, and the chips will make you feel fuller. So when they are low on funds people tend to buy more junk food, thus those who are low on funds all the time or are homeless will buy junk food all the time.

where the fuck do you shop?

ANYWHERE in the northeast, especially as far north as I am, the Apple or Orange or Pear is more expensive than the chips.

Northwest to. 99 cents for a bag of chips, 1.50 - 2.00 for an apple. 3.00 if you want one that's not covered in wax or pesticides.

Northwest to. 99 cents for a bag of chips, 1.50 - 2.00 for an apple. 3.00 if you want one that's not covered in wax or pesticides.

On sale this week: 2lbs organic seedless grapes, green, red, purple $1.99
2 cantaloupe melons 3.00
Red Grapefruit 3#.99
Chuck Roast $1.57lb
2# strawberries $6.00

Not cheap, not too expensive.

2 cantaloupe melons 3.00
Red Grapefruit 3#.99
Chuck Roast $1.57lb
2# strawberries $6.00

Cantaloupe...$2.99 EACH and they are no bigger than 5 inches...

Red Peppers, $4.99 a pound...

Strawberries, 1# $4.99

Chuck Roast, $2.79 a pound

That's the difference between living near a big city, or living in the middle of nowhere land! :eek:

I'm certain, most of America does not experience the higher costs that i do up here in rural Maine.... In the summer, prices come down on most all of our food, but the winter is outrageous in price!

Care

2 cantaloupe melons 3.00
Red Grapefruit 3#.99
Chuck Roast $1.57lb
2# strawberries $6.00

Strawberries, 1# $4.99

That's the difference between living near a big city, or living in the middle of nowhere land! :eek:

I'm certain, most of America does not experience the higher costs that i do up here in rural Maine.... In the summer, prices come down on most all of our food, but the winter is outrageous in price!

Care
Incorrect on the melons. BTW I took the prices off of ads from local grocers. Better can be had at a Costco or Sams.

1-lb. Sweet Strawberries

2 for $6

More Details | View Ad Page
10-lb. Russet Potatoes

4.99 ea

12-oz. Nature Sweet Cocktail Tomatoes

BUY 1 GET 1 FREE

8-oz. Whole or Sliced White Mushrooms

2 for $4

Crisp Celery

1.59 ea

Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious or Granny Smith Apples

1.79 lb

O Organics(TM) Salads

2 for $6

Red Texas Grapefruit

3 lbs for 99¢

One page. No pics. ;)

2 cantaloupe melons 3.00
Red Grapefruit 3#.99
Chuck Roast $1.57lb
2# strawberries $6.00

Strawberries, 1# $4.99

Care

It depends, in the inner city you have to sacrifice quality (thus also nutritional value) if you want affordable for fresh food. We have a large range of prices based on the season as well, thanks to the mountains to our east it costs a fortune to ship in during the winter. However because of the markets when something is in season we can get it pretty cheap, but then you can't store it for long, a day or two tops for most fruits because it's "organic". However grocery store produce isn't much healthier than junk food, with all the crap they use to keep it fresh and the fact that they don't have to tell you about it all. At least with prepared foods they have to put all the ingredients on the label.

The idea that fruit, vegetables and dairy are not superior to junk food is just nonsense. Children need a healthy diet, not empty calories. Some protein supplemented with lots of rice, lentils, yogurt, cheeses, fruits are no more expensive than Mac n' Cheese, side of chips with kool aid.

Sorry, I have to disagree. I don't believe that it is the cost at all, it's simply that chips taste better than an apple.

Terms like "poor" are misleading, since we have the richest poor people in the world in this country. The problem is more like "gratification now" than nutrition. Remember that the obesity problem goes beyound the poor.

Forum List

Back