Obama's Plan for Education

I have always advocated for more Early Childhood Education in the United States, to give children that advantage at an early age for learning. I am glad President Obama feels the same way. He has some great ideas on how we can change education, and give students even more of a head start in learning.

Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need | Education

:clap2:

You would know as a teacher.

I think we also need free or subsizdized day care, and mandatory paid family leave like all other civilized, pro-family countries have. Raising and nurturing a child is more than just about school.

I think the federal government should get its nose out of education. It's up to local communities and the states to educate. All the feds can do is set guidelines, but it costs $70 billion to do so the way it is done now.

I do like the idea of earlier education as in required pre-school. Kids retain so much more the younger they are. Giving them a jump on things makes all the sense in the world so long as they are actually being taught and it doesn't just turn into government daycare.

I have always advocated for more Early Childhood Education in the United States, to give children that advantage at an early age for learning. I am glad President Obama feels the same way. He has some great ideas on how we can change education, and give students even more of a head start in learning.

uh, you know that was his campaign site
and if he does like he has been doing, he wont do much of whats on there

Well, I happen to believe he will.

And yes, I know that was his website, I've had it on my favorites since last June.

Here, I like this article:

Obama & Early Childhood Education :: The Education Business Blog

And yes, I know that was his website, I've had it on my favorites since last June.

and you can have this confidence in him keeping his campaign promises based on what?

and you can have this confidence in him keeping his campaign promises based on what?

That he wants a change in education, and knows that more early childhood intervention is a great start.

Don't you think that's true?

Well, it's a little vague. I get a little nervous when the Federal Government wants to get more involved in the education of pre-school kids. I realize it says 'voluntary', but it sounds like the government is getting a bit too involved in something which should be relegated to the family.

That he wants a change in education, and knows that more early childhood intervention is a great start.

that has nothing to do with it
how can you have this confidence that he will do any of this based on the fact he has failed to do a number of campaign promises he made

Well, it's a little vague. I get a little nervous when the Federal Government wants to get more involved in the education of pre-school kids. I realize it says 'voluntary', but it sounds like the government is getting a bit too involved in something which should be relegated to the family.

Yes, because we all know every family in America is prepared and equipped to teach their children all they can.

Or..........it could be a start for children who may not have the advantages like WE had, to get an early start on education. The best way out of poverty is education, wouldn't you say?

Yes, because we all know every family in America is prepared and equipped to teach their children all they can.

Or..........it could be a start for children who may not have the advantages like WE had, to get an early start on education. The best way out of poverty is education, wouldn't you say?

There are already programs in most States providing services and education to disadvantaged children. Why should the Federal government get involved?

There are already programs in most States providing services and education to disadvantaged children. Why should the Federal government get involved?

So you're saying all the children in America are having all their needs met with early childhood education? You don't think the government should expand some $$ into helping them. Head Start is a great program, but sometimes children are turned away if they don't have any more room for them.

What do you suggest to help our impoverished children xcited, tell me your ideas to help America's children.

how can you have this confidence that he will do any of this based on the fact he has failed to do a number of campaign promises he made

Because I do. He's only been in office since January. If you don't think he will do this, that's your opinion. I think he will.

Now, I'll ask you again. Do you think it's a good idea to have more early childhood intervention for children, mainly the impoverished ones?

Last edited:

So you're saying all the children in America are having all their needs met with early childhood education? You don't think the government should expand some $$ into helping them. Head Start is a great program, but sometimes children are turned away if they don't have any more room for them.

What do you suggest to help our impoverished children xcited, tell me your ideas to help America's children.

I think the fed gov't should be out of education. Leave it to the states. Unfunded mandates have caused unmeasured catastrophes to real kids. Disband the education department, let the states deal with.

Because I do. He's only been in office since January. If you don't think he will do this, that's your opinion. I think he will.

Now, I'll ask you again. Do you think it's a good idea to have more early childhood intervention for children, mainly the impoverished ones?
again, you are forgetting all the campaign promises he has already broken.

what evidence do you have that he will do any?

i believe it is not the federal governments job to have ANYTHING to do with education

NOTHING
stop the whole thing at the fed level and let the states and locals do what they believe is best
if the feds stopped their crap and reduced the fed taxes accordingly then each local government would be able to tax based on the needs of their own area

I think the fed gov't should be out of education. Leave it to the states. Unfunded mandates have caused unmeasured catastrophes to real kids. Disband the education department, let the states deal with.

OK, you know I respect you and your opinions. How exactly can we get this to happen?

I don't think having the fed gov't involved is always a great idea, what I AM SAYING is I really believe we need more early childhood education programs in this country, and Obama has said he wants to have more also. So if he (the government) don't fund these programs, who will and with what money?

Last edited:

OK, you know I respect you and your opinions. How exactly can we get this to happen?

I think having the fed gov't involved is always a great idea, what I AM SAYING is I really believe we need more early childhood education programs in this country, and Obama has said he wants to have more also. So if he (the government) don't fund these programs, who will and with what money?
if they are needed then the local governemtn(the ones that have to pay for it and keep it running) should be the ones doing it

I believe you're setting a very dangerous precedent. Letting the Federal Government get more power can lead to fascism. Witness the last 8 years. Now we've got a President who wants the Federal government to have even more control.

Impoverished children are already being helped by State, local and private agencies and citizens. Keep the Federal Government out of this. They use talking points like "think of the children!" to get people to give them more power. Citizens should resist this power grab with every fiber of their being.

I believe you're setting a very dangerous precedent. Letting the Federal Government get more power can lead to fascism. Witness the last 8 years. Now we've got a President who wants the Federal government to have even more control.

Impoverished children are already being helped by State, local and private agencies and citizens. Keep the Federal Government out of this. They use talking points like "think of the children!" to get people to give them more power. Citizens should resist this power grab with every fiber of their being.

So you think the children of America are getting the best services possible right now?

So you think the children of America are getting the best services possible right now?
again, that is up to the local school boards

Forum List

Back