Obama's pentagon tells recruiters to openly accept homosexuals

The point of the gloves is just that if I had a person who was a open homosexual I would put gloves on first. When you are in a fire fight you do not have the time to do that he would bleed to death before I touched him and that will be in the minds of those men and women caught in a fire fight.

Again, stupid post on your part. The point of the gloves is if I had anybody who was bleeding, I'd want to put on gloves first. However, all you're doing is making a homophobic assumption that homosexuals in general have AIDS.

The soliders have a right to their privacy, to not shower and bunk with people who want to fuck them in the ass.

Otherwise, why don't you let men shower with women?

The overwhelming majority of the soliders are opposed to open homosexuals in the military 51-30%

Troops speak out on gays serving openly - Army News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Army Times

I have no problem with gay men and women in the military, but they will have to be treated just like straight men and women IMO. Separate shower and sleeping quarters. Men and women do not shower together for the same social norms that would preclude a man showering with those he may be attracted to and women with women.

Not all men will be attracted to all women the same way all gay men will not be attracted to all men he may meet. However unless the plan is to allowed straight men and women or force straight men and women to shower and sleep together then the same guidelines need to be followed.

I have heard “well gays already serve in the military and there are no problems” and “you would not know it, there is no difference”. Of course there is “no difference” they have had TO HIDE their true feeling and live in fear of being found out For one to say that a gay may will shower with other men and never get turned on is ridiculous IMO. To subject another to the embarassment of such is unwarrented, call people prudes ,etc. Why do we seperate the men from the women now?

It needs to be addressed IMO.

frankly, when you're in it and someone gets hit, they aren't worried about gloves for god sakes....

Well that is clearly the most obvious point. We can only hope that there is less bigots in the military like Bigreb here. Considering his call for the killing of all Muslims, goodness knows people like him would be a hinderance over there anyway.

THE finest soldier I ever served with, the man who my children owe their very existence to, is a gay man.
So you had to have a gay man father your children for you??? :eek:

Did you use artificial insemination???

How many years have you been impotent conjob?

And is this the reason that you hate women so much?

Seriously, you went too far.

He might have mentioned them first, but one should never go there.

The soliders have a right to their privacy, to not shower and bunk with people who want to fuck them in the ass.

The overwhelming majority of the soliders are opposed to open homosexuals in the military 51-30%

Troops speak out on gays serving openly - Army News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Army Times

Shocking that you would fail the mention the 19% that just didn't care one way or the other.

Some interesting things about that unscientific survey is that opposition from previous surveys has dropped significantly (12% in a half dozen years). You also failed to mention that women in support of lifting the ban are at 55% compared to 27% that oppose it and the rest that...just don't care . Also missing from your headline of that unscientific survey was the fact that among junior enlisted opposition is slightly lower than the military as a whole (as in the young folks that just don't care if someone is gay or not)

And just to put it all in historical context...

An Overwhelming Majority of men feel that black and white soldiers should be separated during and after training

Shocking that you would fail the mention the 19% that just didn't care one way or the other.

Some interesting things about that unscientific survey is that opposition from previous surveys has dropped significantly (12% in a half dozen years). You also failed to mention that women in support of lifting the ban are at 55% compared to 27% that oppose it and the rest that...just don't care . Also missing from your headline of that unscientific survey was the fact that among junior enlisted opposition is slightly lower than the military as a whole (as in the young folks that just don't care if someone is gay or not)

And just to put it all in historical context...

An Overwhelming Majority of men feel that black and white soldiers should be separated during and after training
Intriguing.

frankly, when you're in it and someone gets hit, they aren't worried about gloves for god sakes....

They would if they had an openly gay person bleeding from gun shot wound

I'll put that response down to inbred ignorance.

Why are you calling yourself inbred? Is it because you do not understand how things work? Just because you force peoplke to except gays does not mean they will do it, and when it comes to the battlefield when the shit is going down in the past you really didn't think about aids even though you had a 50/50 chance of helping someone with aids, you stopped the bleeding how ever you could. But now in the minds of the of the men those chances just went higher. If they know the person is gay they will not stop the bleeding. Inbred or what ever facts are facts, he will bleed to death.

You people laugh but you won't laugh if for example, a known homosexual is fragged by his own men or much worse, taken as a trophy by some of the less lenient "evil doers" in Afghainstan etc., paraded around, beheaded and so on. You won't be laughing when Phelps lampoons their deaths and stinks up the town with his nonsense.

And yet every other army in NATO openly allows homosexuals. Are US soldiers less capable than those of other nations?

It isn't about ability, rather it's about the fractures that form when petty human emotions such as jealousy manifest themselves in stressful situations and end up changing the team's focus. Nobody is suggesting that homosexuals, despite my somewhat low opinion of them are any less capable of being perfectly fine fodder in the so called "war on terror" than any other man.

Gays should be in the military, in a unit of their own.

Or better yet maybe the heterosexuals should have their own branch of the military.

I think in the Air Force one would less feel the impact of gays in the military, the Air Force is usually in the rear of a battle and I think gays would prefer it in the rear.

Front line troops, seeing how a lot of red necks like to shoot guns and as Cheney proved people with guns can be pretty careless, seems like a bad idea to mix these type of people, maybe let the USMC be heterosexual and continue to let the Army be gay.

The Navy has the YMCA song by the Village People so I don't see a problem with the Navy and change of policy.

In any event this entire argument is rather pointless and is simply intended to polarize the masses so that their attention isn't set upon more pressing problems.

We'll see. I hope you are right. But This is the wrong way and the wrong time to change the social structure of our military.

Why is it the wrong time?

Imagine this, you have a soldier wounded in a fire fight. Do you think the soldier next to him will render aid? I doubt it. Fear of aids.

Oh right.

Bullets flying, bombs going off and STILL soldiers come to each other's aid.

But they'll fear AIDS comtamination from a wounded guy's blood?

That's hilarious.

Why is it the wrong time?

Imagine this, you have a soldier wounded in a fire fight. Do you think the soldier next to him will render aid? I doubt it. Fear of aids.

Oh right.

Bullets flying, bombs going off and STILL soldiers come to each other's aid.

But they'll fear AIDS comtamination from a wounded guy's blood?

That's hilarious.

So you don't get the point. Pushing an agenda on a actual battlefield will do nothing but get people killed.

Forum List

Back