Obama's pentagon tells recruiters to openly accept homosexuals

I don't know about the validity of this survey.

Estimates suggest that more than 36,000 gay men and lesbians are serving in active duty, representing 2.5 percent of active duty personnel. When the guard and reserve are included, nearly 65,000 men and women in uniform are likely gay or lesbian, accounting for 2.8 percent of military personnel. Other key findings from this research brief...

Gay Men and Lesbians in the U.S. Military: Estimates from Census 2000

There is no way to really know. There is probably a lot less than the general popluations, since homosexual behavior has been prohibited in the military.

The chances of him having a homosexual he was showering with were pretty low.

Another big mistake. Especially because of the way it came down. But we will watch and see what happens. Though you can bet a lot of incidents will never make it out of the units....

Another big mistake. Especially because of the way it came down. But we will watch and see what happens. Though you can bet a lot of incidents will never make it out of the units....

5 years from now, everyone will wonder what all the fuss was about. Just like the rest of the world

5 years from now, everyone will wonder what all the fuss was about. Just like the rest of the world

We'll see. I hope you are right. But This is the wrong way and the wrong time to change the social structure of our military.

We'll see. I hope you are right. But This is the wrong way and the wrong time to change the social structure of our military.

Why is it the wrong time?

$Problem?.jpg

Problem?

Imagine this, you have a soldier wounded in a fire fight. Do you think the soldier next to him will render aid? I doubt it. Fear of aids.

Because we are at war, in case you hadn't noticed. This becomes a distraction to the norm. When did they do away with the WAC? After we pulled out of Nam. They were planning it, but waited until afterward, Why? Because it made sense.

Imagine this, you have a soldier wounded in a fire fight. Do you think the soldier next to him will render aid? I doubt it. Fear of aids.

Assuming all homosexuals have AIDS? Trolling too hard.

Did I say that troll? But it will be in the back of their mind. It is a natural thing. When seconds count They don't need that pressure.

Did I say that troll? But it will be in the back of their mind. It is a natural thing. When seconds count They don't need that pressure.

No, it's a natural thing to bigots like yourself. Problem is, you assume everyone thinks like you. Thankfully, they don't. Otherwise we'd have genocide of Muslims on our hands due to hate mongers like yourself.

No, it's a natural thing to bigots like yourself. Problem is, you assume everyone thinks like you. Thankfully, they don't. Otherwise we'd have genocide of Muslims on our hands due to hate mongers like yourself.

Fuck off. I am thinking the way someone who has been a first responder would think. I would never touch someone who is bleeding without a pair of gloves, much less if I knew they were a homosexual. Have you ever been in the military?

I am of 2 minds. I am not opposed to gays serving and openly. In the normal day to day I could care less. But this isn’t the normal day to day.

Imho the way things work now a days the do gooders, who think they are helping, or those that feel its their mission to transform everything they can lay their hands on will cause way more disruption ( and distortion) than any gay person serving would. IF left entirely to the service to mange absent any outside agencies, I would say go ahead and just do it.

BUT- that’s not how it works.

It won’t simply be; just let them serve and if they say they are gay who cares, it will turn into a huge bruhaha where in now, every single lapse or 'offense' no matter how inconsequential or small will be blown up, those how have been ‘in’, you know how things are, you can rank out your buddies and get ranked on in return on just about any topic including yo’ momma….sister, girlfriend or wife.

However gays will become a protected class, because every single utterance will become fodder, ‘watchdogs’ will be appointed, example; we used to have a ‘hog’ board, where we would put up pics of our wives girlfriends etc. we’d rag on each other, oh hey your girl is hot, when you go to the field next time, I am gonna pay her a visit, or when I was in Germany and our batt. would head out to the field for a few weeks and rolling down the Strasse guys from our neighbor batt. that was staying behind would yell out have a good time, I’ll check in on your wife etc…..you’d say fuc off, laugh and roll on…..a gay person if you said hey does your boyfriend take it in the ass and give you a reach around may laugh and tell you no, but your daddy does, that how is should work...but.....

I am not worried about the gay trooper per se’, it’s the jerk off who decides to get offended, who will then say something to someone then it will be blown the hell up, when its just the usual bullshit because we all know how some would love to browbeat the military as just another simian homophobic hate factor that of course, needs deep reform, and there ya go, a protected class created from whole clothe.

Boards, commissions will be created to 'purge' units of homophobic tendencies.....and we all know how that works.

THAT will make this thing a lot more disruptive than it needs to be because the military as the civilian world has become obsessed with an individual right not to be ‘harmed’ in any way shape or form.

Some say, if it aint broken don’t fix it. Some may say its broken now and unfair, yea, to an extent it is, but this isn’t Wal-Mart. And frankly screw placating or energizing a political base, politicos generally have no idea how the military operates day to day and how it functions, they are just punching a ticket.

And in the end as a practical matter I don’t think making the ability to engage in sex and all the BS that comes with it, any easier would be a good idea either, especially not in the infantry or combat arms especially.

In short soon, but not right now.

Fuck off. I am thinking the way someone who has been a first responder would think. I would never touch someone who is bleeding without a pair of gloves, much less if I knew they were a homosexual. Have you ever been in the military?

Then why the hell would you post what you did? You specifically singled out Homosexuals. The point you're making about gloves and a first responder is a entirely different general point. Don't try to act like you didn't made two separate arguments and am now trying to say they're the same one.

Then why the hell would you post what you did? You specifically singled out Homosexuals. The point you're making about gloves and a first responder is a entirely different general point. Don't try to act like you didn't made two separate arguments and am now trying to say they're the same one.

The point of the gloves is just that if I had a person who was a open homosexual I would put gloves on first. When you are in a fire fight you do not have the time to do that he would bleed to death before I touched him and that will be in the minds of those men and women caught in a fire fight.

Forum List

Back