Obama's Parade of Lies Continues

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
Senator Barack Obama said today that John McCain would “gamble with your life savings” by investing Social Security money in private accounts that could be affected by the roiling financial markets. "

He went on to say, "if my opponent had his way, the millions of Floridians who rely on it would’ve had their Social Security tied up in the stock market this week. How do you think that would have made folks feel? Millions would’ve watched as the market tumbled and their nest egg disappeared before their eyes.”

Of course Obama fails to mention McCain has not called for a full privatization of Social Security, but has supported the concept of allowing individuals to invest part of their payroll taxes in stock and bonds.

Full Story here

More importantly Obama didn't tell his audience that the stock market was up 18% in the past 5 years and up 44% over the past 10 years.

I sure as hell wish I had my "Social Security tied up in the stock market"

Senator Barack Obama said today that John McCain would “gamble with your life savings” by investing Social Security money in private accounts that could be affected by the roiling financial markets. "

He went on to say, "if my opponent had his way, the millions of Floridians who rely on it would’ve had their Social Security tied up in the stock market this week. How do you think that would have made folks feel? Millions would’ve watched as the market tumbled and their nest egg disappeared before their eyes.”

Of course Obama fails to mention McCain has not called for a full privatization of Social Security, but has supported the concept of allowing individuals to invest part of their payroll taxes in stock and bonds.

Full Story here

More importantly Obama didn't tell his audience that the stock market was up 18% in the past 5 years and up 44% over the past 10 years.

I sure as hell wish I had my "Social Security tied up in the stock market"

Oh come on, it works better if we only focus on the last week...

Jeez afterall, Obama was born as a result of the Selma march which took place 4 years after he was born..:eusa_liar:

It would be nice if I could opt-out of Social Security. However, if I did that the Government would put me in jail. So much for liberty.

Is the idea that we are doing well financially? I'd like to be clear what people here are thinking about this -

It would be nice if I could opt-out of Social Security. However, if I did that the Government would put me in jail. So much for liberty.

Anybody with half a mind would opt out of Social Security, considering that it is doomed for bankruptcy. Let me get this right, the federal government steps in when the financial companies go bankrupt. Who is going to step up when the federal government goes bankrupt?

OK, I get that, so what about privatising SS into the stock market - are you saying this is a good idea because it will probably be better than SS?

Anybody with half a mind would opt out of Social Security, considering that it is doomed for bankruptcy. Let me get this right, the federal government steps in when the financial companies go bankrupt. Who is going to step up when the federal government goes bankrupt?

China

Forum List

Back