Obamas Paid 20.5% in Income Taxes, 2011 Returns Show

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Why doesn't he set an example and pay the 30% he's advocating all the other wealthy people pay under the Buffet Rule?

WASHINGTON — President Obama and his wife, Michelle, reported adjusted gross income of $789,674 in 2011 and paid just over 20 percent of it to the federal government in taxes.

Their income declined nearly $1 million from the previous year, when the president was reaping larger amounts from sales of his bestselling books. The numbers were disclosed in the Obamas’ federal income tax return and gift-tax return, released Friday by the White House, along with those of Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.

Mr. and Mrs. Obama paid $162,074 in income taxes, an effective tax rate of 20.5 percent. In a statement, the White House suggested that Mr. Obama believed that he should pay a higher rate, noting that his administration wants to reform the tax code and ask “the wealthiest Americans to pay their fair share while protecting families making under $250,000.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/14/us/politics/obamas-release-tax-returns.html

Then pay it!! What's stopping you Mr. President?? Why don't you walk your talk?

People really fall for this shit?

Why doesn't he set an example and pay the 30% he's advocating all the other wealthy people pay under the Buffet Rule?

WASHINGTON — President Obama and his wife, Michelle, reported adjusted gross income of $789,674 in 2011 and paid just over 20 percent of it to the federal government in taxes.

Their income declined nearly $1 million from the previous year, when the president was reaping larger amounts from sales of his bestselling books. The numbers were disclosed in the Obamas’ federal income tax return and gift-tax return, released Friday by the White House, along with those of Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.

Mr. and Mrs. Obama paid $162,074 in income taxes, an effective tax rate of 20.5 percent. In a statement, the White House suggested that Mr. Obama believed that he should pay a higher rate, noting that his administration wants to reform the tax code and ask “the wealthiest Americans to pay their fair share while protecting families making under $250,000.”

Obama Releases His Tax Returns

Can you imagine if obama didn’t show you his taxes?

I think trump not releasing his taxes after the election is a deal breaker too. He lied. That wasn’t a promise he just couldn’t deliver like repealing the aca or building a wall. He chooses to not show his taxes because they show his Russian connections.

Says something about people who don’t care that he lied

Humm, that is especially hypocritical because Obama raised the top marginal personal income tax rate from 35% to 39.6% in 2013. Although his salary as president was probably liable for a tax rate of 20.5%, the perks of his office--free travel, free meals, free security, excessive paid time off, etc.--were worth much more. To set a good example, he should have paid taxes on them. After all, he also imposed a salary cap of $600K on top executives whose banks received federal bailouts. He's raking in way more than $600K from speaking fees and book deals alone.

Last edited:
Trump still does not pay taxes

I think trump not releasing his taxes after the election is a deal breaker too. He lied. That wasn’t a promise he just couldn’t deliver like repealing the aca or building a wall. He chooses to not show his taxes because they show his Russian connections.

Holy shit, did you just bring up a thread was posted in 2011?

As you saw the thread had zero replies, no one cared even back then. And equivalently can you imagine - no one cares about Trump's tax returns now either, outside of CNN's agenda division.

Trump does not pay taxes ROFL! Someone has been watching CNN.

As you saw the thread had zero replies, no one cared even back then. And equivalently can you imagine - no one cares about Trump's tax returns now either, outside of CNN's agenda division.
I do. And isn’t it interesting tax is crying that obama ONLY paid 20% but I wonder if he minds trump paying zero

I do. And isn’t it interesting tax is crying that obama ONLY paid 20% but I wonder if he minds trump paying zero

Trump provides the biggest tax cut ever to all Americans, and you are bitching that he is a hypocrite for paying (assumably) low taxes?

ROFL! You just can't make the stupidity of these guys up. It's unreal...

Humm, that is especially hypocritical because Obama raised the top marginal personal income tax rate from 35% to 39.6% in 2013. Although his salary as president was probably liable for a tax rate of 20.5%, the perks of his office--free travel, free meals, free security, excessive paid time off, etc.--were worth much more. To set a good example, he should have paid taxes on them. After all, he also imposed a salary cap of $600K on top executives whose banks received federal bailouts. He's raking in way more than $600K from speaking fees and book deals alone.
If obama can set tax rates for all rich people he will gladly pay his fair share. Trump pays nothing and you don’t even care to see if that’s true.

You love him so who cares what you think

Trump provides the biggest tax cut ever to all Americans, and you are bitching that he is a hypocrite for paying (assumably) low taxes?

In five years it goes away for you and me.

I benefit $2000-$4000 a year from the tax break. $2000 this year but I got a huge raise so it’ll probably be over $3000 next year.

Is it worth it? No. I’d give it up to get rid of republicans so I’m sure obama would too

You’re pretty cheap if you can be bought for $2k a year. Is your soul worth it?

I get it. To most of you $3000 a year is a lot of money

How much will you benefit from trumps tax break this year? Did your accountant tell you?

^^^^^ Typical ^^^^^

Next you'll be railing about Income equality and I will be there to bust you

-Geaux

^^^^^ Typical ^^^^^

-Geaux
I do talk about the widening gap. What’s your right wing spin on it?

^^^^^ Typical ^^^^^

-Geaux
I do talk about the widening gap. What’s your right wing spin on it?

Like Pelosi, you are mocking 2K as if its crumbs. Ask those who you feel are victims of income equality if the 2K is not coveted.

-Geaux

He's not president, he follows the law. It's not his fault any more.

Yeah, Obama did not donate his paycheck like Trump.

-Geaux

Yeah, Obama did not donate his paycheck like Trump.

-Geaux

Trump donated his paycheck?

Forum List

Back