Obama's Own Experts Call Drilling Ban "Crazy, Senseless Political Decision"

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
The impact of what he's done by virtue of his ultimatum on oil drilling is consistent with his plan to create a nation of welfare recipients, totally dependent upon government. But Leftists should love this decision because it protects the environment and forces petroleum prices higher with the result of getting people out of their cars and into alternative transportation.

Evil Conservative Radio: Obama's Own Experts Call Drilling Ban "Crazy, Senseless Political Decision"- Boldly Promoting Reaganism During the Reign of Obama

The deepwater drilling experts that President Obama consulted on his drilling ban and referenced in his announcement of the ban are now saying that they recommended nothing of the sort. Like all autocrats before him, our President Obama thinks he's the cat's meow. The smartest, strongest, most knowledgeable person in the room. Any room. And that means that in a roomful of industry experts, any industry, Obama knows best. Let's put aside Governor Jindal's troubles with a non-responsive bureaucracy. Forget how the Governor of Alabama says that the feds are making his job tougher. Never mind the devastated fishing, tourism, and drilling industries all across the Gulf. I don't think you need much more to go on than the accounts of these scientists to understand that our President doesn't care about the disaster, the cost in dollars or misery - what he cares about is gaining a political advantage.

see link for more:

Lordy, lordy. I just see it now. Had the President not put the moratorium in effect, and we had another blowout, what you teabaggers and other assorted crackpots would be saying. I say keep the moratorium in effect until this blowout is completely taken care of, and the Petroleum companies have equipment and plans capable of handling one like it. If they cannot do this, then no deepwater drilling.

I think the more interesting fact of the story is that the administration said they approved it and signed off on it when they didn't.

Lordy, lordy. I just see it now. Had the President not put the moratorium in effect, and we had another blowout, what you teabaggers and other assorted crackpots would be saying. I say keep the moratorium in effect until this blowout is completely taken care of, and the Petroleum companies have equipment and plans capable of handling one like it. If they cannot do this, then no deepwater drilling.

Talk about crackpots. :D

So now we're being prescient w/re: blowouts?

Equipment and plans for past occurences. How hindsightful of you.

Are you the deepwater drilling nazi?

I don't think you could get a sketchier source for such a story. But then again, the OP is a racist birther. So it fits I suppose.

We saw at the hearing that the petroleum companies essentially have no plan in place for a blowout like this. And no equipment in place to handle it. That is hardly an acceptable risk.

We know now that BP's safety record in general is pretty lame. I think yanking all their licenses would have been a better start. And a review of the safety records of the other companies would be in order. But since the other companies are not BP, letting them continue might have been better. But if safety audits found problems, they would close down until the problems were fixed.

This is not the only BP problem right now. They have something wrong going on in Alaska as well.

Forum List

Back