Obama's overreach

I think that this election demonstrated that the majority of Americans knew exactly where the source of the problems that we are experiancing lies.

Post again when you've sobered up, cochise.

Well, you could not deal with reality prior to the election, and you are still unable to accept that reality now. At least you are consistant.

If you would speak in recognizable English, maybe this conversation could move forward.

The second overreach is Reid's insane bid to change the filibuster rules:

"GOP senators already feel picked upon by Reid’s practice of “filling the amendment tree,” making it impossible for them to introduce amendments to legislation. If Reid kicks off the new session in January by limiting the historical privileges of the minority — because the minority currently happens to be Republican — it will provoke a furious revolt. To get his rule change on filibusters, Reid would need to demonstrate that any Senate rule could be changed by a simple majority. This would make the Senate a smaller, more pompous version of the House, where the majority rewrites the rules every two years, and the minority consequently counts for little.
At least in the short term, Reid would achieve little more than the humiliation of Republicans. An empowered Senate Democratic majority could pass 1,000 bills that would still languish in the Republican House. But Reid would succeed in provoking a constitutional crisis in the middle of a complex, continuing budget negotiation. "

Michael Gerson: Obama’s overreach on the budget - The Washington Post

how is that an overreach? it was never intended that you should be able to block a vote just by saying "i am filibustering".

a filibuster always required that you put your money where your mouth is and talk until you can't talk anymore...

so what exactly is an "overreach" about that, allie... other than that you hate this president so are going to rage about everything the democrats do?

Probably no more than you rage about everything Republicans do...and I mean EVERYTHING!

That's not true. Most of us rage against Republcans on what they don't do, i.e., govern, compromise, represent 100% of the people, put country first, support civil rights.

how is that an overreach? it was never intended that you should be able to block a vote just by saying "i am filibustering".

a filibuster always required that you put your money where your mouth is and talk until you can't talk anymore...

so what exactly is an "overreach" about that, allie... other than that you hate this president so are going to rage about everything the democrats do?

Probably no more than you rage about everything Republicans do...and I mean EVERYTHING!

That's not true. Most of us rage against Republcans on what they don't do, i.e., govern, compromise, represent 100% of the people, put country first, support civil rights.

Your reply would have more relevance if we were talking about them...but I was talking to and about jillian. :cool:

Last edited:
What the wingnuts are really afraid of is that the President will succeed in getting a budget that both raises revenue and decreases expenditures. And that there will be something done in the Senate that prevents the blind obstructionism that we have seen in the past four years.

Should the President succeed in both these tasks, he will be off to a roaring start for his second term. And the wingnuts will be beside themselves with fury.

Maybe so, but he'll just end up blowing it like he did in his 1st term. All that popularity from his campaign and election, and instead of pushing for economic fixes, he chose to go with unpopular Obamacare. And then, the party was over and the popularity disappeared.

Forum List

Back