Obama's opening "fiscal cliff" bid seeks debt limit hike, stimulus

again, what is the GOP plan? until they actually present a plan, negotiations can not begin. but Boehner, McConnell and the rest of the GOP have not presented a single plan yet.

and $1.6T will only run the government for a few days? i think you need to take basic math lessons again.

who ever said GS is evil? GS is typically on the side of republicans.

The $1,600,000,000,00 is over 10 years and isn't just on the 2 percenters.... that's inmpossible as they're not even worth that much in total.

And tell me again how sucking $1,600,000,000,000 out of the private sector is a good thing?
again, what is the GOP counter proposal?

we know we need to increase tax revenues. the Bush era tax cuts are skewed towards upper income earners ands were always meant to be temporary, so now it is time for them to expire. if the GOP wants to have an adult conversation about this, they need to show their card instead of just simply rejecting the Democratic plan.

In a growing economy tax receipts automatically increase... 10% of $5,000,000,000,000 is a hell of a lot more than 10% of $3,000,000,000,000. The only reason you need to increase rates is because spending out-paces the economy. then what? 40% 50% 60%.. 100%?

Anyway, like I said, t his tax increase on the rich accomplishes nothing.. NADA.. ZIP. If you confiscated 100% of their wealth you'd fund the gubmint for a couple months. Then what? Then who you gonna take the money from?

It's all BS.. just more of the class warfare shit.

Last edited:
And it is a joke. Even if Nancy Pelosi was Speaker of the House, and the Democrats had 61 seats in the Senate, there is no way he would get this.

The OP said it was an opening bid. If the other side doesn't like it, make a counter offer. Laughing and calling it a joke is counter-productive and seems to indicate the Republicans don't really want to deal. They're capitalists, aren't they? I presume they know what bargaining entails. Even the owner of a stall in the Gaza market knows how it works. Why are the Republicans so clueless?

If the Dems would pull their collective heads out of their collective asses, they might realize that the counter offer has been out there for a long, long time. Just saying that the Repubs have offered nothing does not make it so, except on planet bizarro. The interwebs is a fascinating repository of historical record......until Obama manages to gain control of its content.

The Spending Reduction Act | Republican Study Committee (RSC)
here is the grand bargain that Obama proposed back in 2011 as well. why doesnt the GOP counter this offer then? $4T reduction package including new taxes and entitlement spending cuts.

Grand Bargain Documents: Obama, Debt Ceiling - Business Insider

The $1,600,000,000,00 is over 10 years and isn't just on the 2 percenters.... that's inmpossible as they're not even worth that much in total.

And tell me again how sucking $1,600,000,000,000 out of the private sector is a good thing?
again, what is the GOP counter proposal?

we know we need to increase tax revenues. the Bush era tax cuts are skewed towards upper income earners ands were always meant to be temporary, so now it is time for them to expire. if the GOP wants to have an adult conversation about this, they need to show their card instead of just simply rejecting the Democratic plan.

In a growing economy tax receipts automatically increase... 10% of $5,000,000,000,000 is a hell of a lot more than 10% of $3,000,000,000,000. The only reason you need to increase rates is because spending out-paces the economy. then what? 40% 50% 60%.. 100%?

Anyway, like I said, t his tax increase on the rich accomplishes nothing.. NADA.. ZIP. If you confiscated 100% of their wealth you'd fund the gubmint for a couple months. Then what? Then who you gonna take the money from?

It's all BS.. just more of the class warfare shit.
actually if you confiscated all the wealth of the top 2% you would have enough money to fund the government for over 15 years at current spending level.

top 2% own 41% of all wealth in the nation. the total amount of US wealth is valued at $118T. 41% of that is $48.38T. (forget about the idea of what is liquid and what is not for the sake of this argument as you didnt specify this in your argument). at the current rate of spending which is around $3.2T annually you would be able to fund the government for 15 years, or pay off all the debt ($16.25T) and still fund the government for 10 years.

Forum List

Back