Obama's Nobel Peace Prize, a poll. Does he deserve the prize?

Did Obama deserve the Nobel?

• Total voters
OK Bfgrn, you have voted yes as well. I will pose the same question:

What are Obama's accomplishments thus far in his administration that make him more deserving of the award than the others that were nominated?

Meet the People Who Were Passed Over for Obama

Sima Samar, women's rights activist in Afghanistan: "With dogged persistence and at great personal risk, she kept her schools and clinics open in Afghanistan even during the most repressive days of the Taliban regime, whose laws prohibited the education of girls past the age of eight. When the Taliban fell, Samar returned to Kabul and accepted the post of Minister for Women's Affairs."

Ingrid Betancourt: French-Colombian ex-hostage held for six years.

"Dr. Denis Mukwege: Doctor, founder and head of Panzi Hospital in Bukavu, Democratic Republic of Congo. He has dedicated his life to helping Congolese women and girls who are victims of gang rape and brutal sexual violence."

Handicap International and Cluster Munition Coalition: "These organizations are recognized for their consistently serious efforts to clean up cluster bombs, also known as land mines. Innocent civilians are regularly killed worldwide because the unseen bombs explode when stepped upon."

"Hu Jia, a human rights activist and an outspoken critic of the Chinese government, who was sentenced last year to a three-and-a-half-year prison term for 'inciting subversion of state power.'"

"Wei Jingsheng, who spent 17 years in Chinese prisons for urging reforms of China's communist system. He now lives in the United States."

The Weekly Standard
Obama should do the honorable thing and pass it over to the people who earned it.

I guess that would be the ones who voted for him ?

OK Bfgrn, you have voted yes as well. I will pose the same question:

What are Obama's accomplishments thus far in his administration that make him more deserving of the award than the others that were nominated?

You won't get a legit or straight answer.. the idiot Bfgrn would have been yet another member of the Manson family, blinded by rhetoric, bullshit, and most probably heavy drug use

This just in...world polling indicates that Cheeseburger is more popular than Obama's Nobel. I repeat, Cheeseburger is more popular than Obama's Nobel.

icanhascheezburger.jpg

Possible reasons for Obama being "awarded" the not so noble, Nobel peace prize:
Obama cleaned up the streets of Chicago!!...well, no he didn't.
Obama is closing Gitmo!!.............................well, no he hasn't.
Obama is pulling out of Iraq!!.......................well, no he hasn't.
Obama is ending the war in Afghanistan!!......well, no he isn't.
Obama is a liberal European wet dream of American weakness and capitulation?...BINGO!!! DING DING DING !!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!! :razz:

He should win the award if the award was for doing nothing! They gave him this award for 12 days of being president! Or was this award for what he did in the 143 days he was in the senate before running for president?

Forum List

Back