Obama's New Low

No.. more along the lines of just being good to see some others in this country waking up

Nobody is thinking this gets him out of office any sooner or anything of the sort

But nice try

Obama has a higher approval rating right now than His Holiness Ronald Reagan did, this time into his first term.

And that is neither here nor there.... but nice try at deflection...

The fact is that as time goes on, more and more are waking up to this buffoon of a President

No.. more along the lines of just being good to see some others in this country waking up

Nobody is thinking this gets him out of office any sooner or anything of the sort

But nice try

Obama has a higher approval rating right now than His Holiness Ronald Reagan did, this time into his first term.

The fact is that as time goes on, more and more are waking up to this buffoon of a President

I think you missed my point....

My point was, at this point in his presidency, more and more people were waking up to that buffoon of a President. And yet, he still got re-elected, then deified by the Republican party.

many do realize the big government mistakes of all parties and of representatives on both sides of the aisle.... many have complained about the mistakes of previous administrations including GWB AND Clinton... many want to see real change... hopefully, they want to see change in getting government reduced and having more fiscal responsibility

Fiscal Responsibility is probably going to be the buzz word if there is any serious debate of the issues in 2012 (and that is a big if). I think people are finally waking up to the effect the growing national debt has on them personally. This economic mess has made those numbers and figures much less abstract.

Reducing government though is the stickler. I learned a long time ago that voters don't know what on Earth they want from government. They want it to respect privacy, but they also want it to be able to locate, track, and arrest any given terrorist in a 15 minute window. They want less pork, but they re-elect time and time again the guy that brings home the most Federal money. They want less government, but they want government to do something about their pet issue.

We'll see what happens. I think that the margins are slipping to the point where in 2012 the ball will be in the GOP's court. If they dont' screw up and nominate Palin, they could win. However, 2012 is a long ways away and a lot could happen.

But nice try

You just said polls are meaningless a couple of posts back. Reagan won't be running again. Obama has stimulated the economy, no worries right? Yet here you are defending and deflecting. :popcorn:

My point was, at this point in his presidency, more and more people were waking up to that buffoon of a President. And yet, he still got re-elected, then deified by the Republican party.

I fully believe history has shown Reagan to be far from a buffoon and doing many great things for getting a country out of a time that was much worse than what we are seeing now... that has yet to be seen for Obama, and my wager would be that we do not see that of him in the future

But nice try

You just said polls are meaningless a couple of posts back. Reagan won't be running again. Obama has stimulated the economy, no worries right? Yet here you are defending and deflecting. :popcorn:

You missed my point entirely. Reagan is an example of why polling means nothing. I'm not defending Obama, nor am I attacking Reagan. I'm simply stating that polling means nothing this early in a President's term.

I fully believe history has shown Reagan to be far from a buffoon and doing many great things for getting a country out of a time that was much worse than what we are seeing now... that has yet to be seen for Obama, and my wager would be that we do not see that of him in the future

Your predictions of the future mean nothing to me, and are beside the point.

America knew Ronald Reagan.

Ronald Reagan was our friend.

Mr. Obama is no Ronald Reagan...

Just as your idiotic ramblings mean nothing to anyone with even a lick of common sense

Just as your idiotic ramblings mean nothing to anyone with even a lick of common sense

You know, I've heard on the internet, people win debates by personal attacks. In real life, not so much.

If you're so convinced that my "ramblings" are "idiotic" to anyone with a lick of common sense, why don't you should me how I'm wrong, instead of making a fool out of yourself. I've expressed no opinion in this thread at all - all facts. If you think I'm wrong, prove it. Otherwise, back away.

There's no need to be childish about it.

Rasmussen is reporting the same approval percentage.

Overall, 46% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance. Fifty-three percent (53%) disapprove.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

The CBS Poll has a 46% approval rating, and a 41% disapproval rating.

That's MUCH different than a 46% approval rating and a 53% disapproval rating.

Blah, blah, blah.. Rhetoric, talking points and ancient quotes aside...

Apparently he was less popular than Obama at this point in his presidency, in almost exactly similar circumstances.

And since this thread specifically deals with popularity...

Last edited:

Blah, blah, blah.. Rhetoric, talking points and ancient quotes aside...

Apparently he was less popular than Obama at this point in his presidency, in almost exactly similar circumstances.

And since this thread specifically deals with popularity...

Yes.

You know, I've heard on the internet, people win debates by personal attacks. In real life, not so much.

If you're so convinced that my "ramblings" are "idiotic" to anyone with a lick of common sense, why don't you should me how I'm wrong, instead of making a fool out of yourself. I've expressed no opinion in this thread at all - all facts. If you think I'm wrong, prove it. Otherwise, back away.

You wrote that Reagan was a buffoon. That isn't an opinion??
And I guess I don't have a lick of common sense because your ramblings seem pretty idiotic to me.

You wrote that Reagan was a buffoon. That isn't an opinion??
I replaced the word "Obama" in a post with "Reagan". Technically, yes - an opinion. I personally don't think Reagan was a buffoon, but I was trying to make a point, which clearly flew right over your head.
And I guess I don't have a lick of common sense because your ramblings seem pretty idiotic to me.
Once again you exhibt your poor reading skills. According to the previous poster, anyone WITH a lick of common sense would find my ramblings idiotic.

But, more to the point, I don't really give a shit what you think of my "ramblings". Got anything to contradict what I've said? Clearly not - so run along home.

Forum List

Back