Obama's New Fuel Economy Standards Will Increase Cost of a Car More Than $11,000

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
More scewing of the middle class by Obama:eusa_eh:

The Obama Administration’s new fuel economy standards will result in the retail price of average motor vehicles to increase over $11,000, according to a study conducted by the Center for Automotive Research.

“A fuel economy standard of 37.6 mpg is associated with a price increase of $5,244, 18.1 percent higher than the 2009 National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) average price of $28,966. A fuel economy standard of 40.8 mpg is associated with a price increase of $6,770, 23.4 percent higher than the 2009 NADA price,” says their report called, “The U.S. Automotive Market and Industry in 2025.”

“A fuel economy standard of 44.8 mpg is associated with a price increase of $8,214, 28.4 percent higher than the 2009 NADA price. The fourth fuel economy standard of 49.6 mpg is associated with an $11,290 increase in retail price. It is assumed that manufacturers and dealers will pass on the cost increase in fuel economy and safety technology to the consumer, at a retail price equivalent.”

The Obama administration’s new fuel economy standards would require automakers to produce cars and light trucks with an average fuel economy of 54.5 mpg by 2025. The Center for Automotive Research says their study is “the result of 11 months of effort and investigation by researchers at CAR in 2010-2011.”

Zoe Lipman, the National Wildlife Federation’s Senior Manager for Transportation and Global Warming Solutions argued on a conference call held Thursday that the estimated fuel savings due to these standards will outweigh the “modest” motor vehicle price increases for consumers.

Obama's New Fuel Economy Standards Will Increase Cost of a Car More Than $11,000 | CNSnews.com

by the time the standards take effect inflation will make them cost that much more anyway.

Airbags were going to ruin the car industry, seat belts and every mileage increase requirement ever was going to do the same thing.

The auto industry is definately conservative they sure whine a lot.

I do believe it will drive the final cost up but I think 11k is a bit of a stretch. That's a huge jump that would kill sales.

That is over time by 2025. Of course once we kick Obama's ass out that can be changed, but the point is, all this liberal bull hurts the middle class, be it skyrocketing food and fuel costs to stuff like this.:cuckoo:

Last edited:
by the time the standards take effect inflation will make them cost that much more anyway.

Airbags were going to ruin the car industry, seat belts and every mileage increase requirement ever was going to do the same thing.

The auto industry is definately conservative they sure whine a lot.

Do you have any idea what your talking about? You can buy a base model car or truck for just over 11k now if you watch for rebates. So by your estimate auto prices are going to double naturally in the next few years?

Umm no

How much gas will you save over the life of the vehicle? :eusa_eh:

Who the hell knows, it should be up to the consumer which vehicle to buy, not your boy Obama..."Obama wants whats best for us" you people are a joke.:cuckoo:

The sad reality of bullshit regulations born out of politics instead of actual real world needs. What is this new fuel economy going to do to help people? Nothing. On the other hand, it will also do absolutely nothing for AGW either. Wow, with all those benefits, who could argue with the new standards...

None of this nonsense matters. The bulk of our automakers profits come from trucks and suvs. People don't want the toy cars that Obama is trying to force on us. Check the stats, its true.

Who the hell knows, it should be up to the consumer which vehicle to buy, not your boy Obama..."Obama wants whats best for us" you people are a joke.:cuckoo:

I didn't mention Obama, twit. You're ranting about how this is going to hurt the middle class. The question is, will it really?

I didn't mention Obama, twit. You're ranting about how this is going to hurt the middle class. The question is, will it really?

These are Obama's standards idiot, anyway if people can't afford to by the damn cars it isn't gonna make any differance is it? i think we'll save more money by dropping the price of gas by a dollar you think?

Obama doesn't care it will hurt people, it won't hurt him or his family.

He believes himself a king and what he says GOES.

Remember though in 2012 to go out and vote for him again.

Last edited by a moderator:

These are Obama's standards idiot, anyway if people can't afford to by the damn cars it isn't gonna make any differance is it? i think we'll save more money by dropping the price of gas by a dollar you think?

1. Not necessarily
2. The passing of more stringent mileage requirements will serve to drop the price of gas, so in addition of having to buy less gallons you'll actually pay less for each gallon.

1. Not necessarily
2. The passing of more stringent mileage requirements will serve to drop the price of gas, so in addition of having to buy less gallons you'll actually pay less for each gallon.

what friggen good is all that IF YOU CAN'T afford to buy the damn car.

Forum List

Back