Obama's negotiating partner

I coubt if that would happen for quite a while. Saying, I will meet with them can be seen as saying "The US will meet with them." The imperial we thing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSFSUbMWenU&feature=related]YouTube - Obama: Sure, I'll meet with Castro, Chavez, Ahmadinejad, etc[/ame]

He states "I will meet with them".......:eusa_naughty:

Id have met with Castro too. Hell, look at how well that embargo has worked out. Shit, this far after the invasion of iraq it looks like a pattern of failure has been developing since vietnam.

Id have met with Castro too. Hell, look at how well that embargo has worked out. Shit, this far after the invasion of iraq it looks like a pattern of failure has been developing since vietnam.

I suppose you would normalize realtions with Castro too, huh?

Ummm....do you understand? Let me break this down slowly for you.....

We would give Ahmadinejad legitamcy and make him a hero among Islamic Extremist.......just ask leaders from the Democratic party....Biden??

Are you really that clueless or such a partisan hack that you can't see when something is detrimental to our country?

This isn't about what Bush has done, this issue is to do how we will handle radical threats. Can you set aside your irrational hate? Focus on how dangerous and unprecedented this change in foriegn policy would be to your country?

You make it sound like we've never had a supposed enemy that we were able to reason with, and that it must be considered a foregone conclusion that it will endanger the country.

I admitedly do not know exactly what Obama's specific plan would be in regards to the dialogue he would have with Ahmadinejad, but the idea of holding dialogue OVERALL is not a bad one.

The problem is, you see them being muslim as making the situation different than, say, the Soviet era, where we avoided nuclear world war not by ignoring and maybe even bombing, but by meeting and having discussion.

You're wraped up in the post-9/11 trauma, and now that your country has been attacked during your lifetime, you feel we must now strong arm anyone who poses a threat.

I see that as fear, honestly.

I don't even care about Ahmadinejad. The man is irrelevant, anyway. He has no more say than the council does, and I presume he will be replaced soon anyway.

Should we automatically ignore the next president as well? Does Iran have a scarlet A because they are a muslim country with dubious ties? Are they worth another Trillion dollars, which if generated through even deeper deficits and money creation, could potentially cause a collapse of the Dollar?

Just how much more do you think the Dollar can handle? Is there no cap on money supply inflation that will tank the currency?

Something else besides this current empirical status quo needs to take place at some point, or we're going to become Rome II.

You make it sound like we've never had a supposed enemy that we were able to reason with, and that it must be considered a foregone conclusion that it will endanger the country.

I admitedly do not know exactly what Obama's specific plan would be in regards to the dialogue he would have with Ahmadinejad, but the idea of holding dialogue OVERALL is not a bad one.

The problem is, you see them being muslim as making the situation different than, say, the Soviet era, where we avoided nuclear world war not by ignoring and maybe even bombing, but by meeting and having discussion.

You're wraped up in the post-9/11 trauma, and now that your country has been attacked during your lifetime, you feel we must now strong arm anyone who poses a threat.

I see that as fear, honestly.

I don't even care about Ahmadinejad. The man is irrelevant, anyway. He has no more say than the council does, and I presume he will be replaced soon anyway.

Should we automatically ignore the next president as well? Does Iran have a scarlet A because they are a muslim country with dubious ties? Are they worth another Trillion dollars, which if generated through even deeper deficits and money creation, could potentially cause a collapse of the Dollar?

Just how much more do you think the Dollar can handle? Is there no cap on money supply inflation that will tank the currency?

Something else besides this current empirical status quo needs to take place at some point, or we're going to become Rome II.

You assume I say no diplomatic relations. I never stated don't have low level diplomatic relations with Iran. I think it is very dangerous to have our President meet directly with Ahmadinejad.

When did I say we should go to war with Iran? Why don't you express your views on why we should negotiate with a terrorist state's President, without trying to project what you think my views are.

You assume I say no diplomatic relations. I never stated don't have low level diplomatic relations with Iran. I think it is very dangerous to have our President meet directly with Ahmadinejad.
Like I said, Ahmadinejad is irrelevant. I'm not sure what the harm is either way, though. Are you afraid Ahmad is going to shank him?

For all you know, he just despises Bush and enjoys fucking with him to see how far he can take it. Who knows.

Anyway, it's good to see that you would at least be open to diplomacy of some type.

When did I say we should go to war with Iran? Why don't you express your views on why we should negotiate with a terrorist state's President, without trying to project what you think my views are.

I didn't say you said we should go to war. But how long do you think the propaganda and rhetoric is going to continue without having discussion, before we engage them? The drums for war with Iran have been beating for quite a while now. I get the definite feeling lately, particularly the past year, from the MSM that some kind of military operation is in the works, whether it be from us or Israel.

If Israel gets involved, you know damn well we're automatically involved as well. There are a multitude of ways it could eventually lead to a full engagement at some point. All it takes is one situation to get out of control, like a straggling speed boat perceived to be a threat.

I mean, you can pretty much cut the tension with a knife these days.

Like I said, Ahmadinejad is irrelevant. I'm not sure what the harm is either way, though. Are you afraid Ahmad is going to shank him?
What like Kennedy-Khrushchev??

For all you know, he just despises Bush and enjoys fucking with him to see how far he can take it. Who knows.
Who the hell knows what he thinks?
Anyway, it's good to see that you would at least be open to diplomacy of some type.

I didn't say you said we should go to war. But how long do you think the propaganda and rhetoric is going to continue without having discussion, before we engage them? The drums for war with Iran have been beating for quite a while now. I get the definite feeling lately, particularly the past year, from the MSM that some kind of military operation is in the works, whether it be from us or Israel.

If Israel gets involved, you know damn well we're automatically involved as well. There are a multitude of ways it could eventually lead to a full engagement at some point. All it takes is one situation to get out of control, like a straggling speed boat perceived to be a threat.

I mean, you can pretty much cut the tension with a knife these days.
We should continue the pressure on Iran, it seems to helping.

I only judge Obama by his limited record, his assocations and his public speeches.

Forum List

Back