Obama's Meltdown

Calm down. Toro is simply reporting what SOME pollsters are claiming:

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

Rasmussen has Obama winning FL too. (+3)

Yep. These things ebb and flow. But provided that any polling shows President Obama "up" in the polls, there's nothing whatsoever wrong with Toro noting it.

Of course. I'm not at all trying to claim that Obama has Florida in the bag, nor do I even think that he's got anything better than 50/50 odds of winning Florida.

It's silly to claim that he's not going to campaign there because he has no chance, though.

Rasmussen has Obama winning FL too. (+3)

Yep. These things ebb and flow. But provided that any polling shows President Obama "up" in the polls, there's nothing whatsoever wrong with Toro noting it.

Of course. I'm not at all trying to claim that Obama has Florida in the bag, nor do I even think that he's got anything better than 50/50 odds of winning Florida.

It's silly to claim that he's not going to campaign there because he has no chance, though.

And Toro suggested that the President MIGHT campaign there. I was simply suggesting that there is no good basis to attack Toro for saying so.

He seems to be pretty even-keel and accurate, in fact.

And Toro suggested that the President MIGHT campaign there. I was simply suggesting that there is no good basis to attack Toro for saying so.

I agree.

Wait, what were we arguing about?

and where can Obama campaign in Florida? we don't have any cities dominated by the black panthers. No city is safe from massive anti-obama protests. forget the west coast, it's not exactly south side of chicago. Forget Palm Beach county (much too white and jewish) Broward County? NOT! they will laugh and boo Obama all the way back to the airport. Never Mind Disney World, the Orlando area/counties are pretty much all red!

Romney is going to win 55 or more of our 57 states

yeah an I think Obama will take Kenya and Indonesia. He might get DC if he's lucky, we all know the independant and knowledgable voters there. Romney should just say he's Marion Barry and he has it in the bag

What is your problem? The guy is a fucking Harvard Law graduate, has been a law instructor and has been a practicing lawyer. He knows about judicial review. You are ridiculous in your ODS. Just ridiculous.

Just curious, are you okay with what he says and does and take him at his word? What if he is pulling a con job on the American people, how would one know?

I'm OK with what he said. He was politicking. He is a politician. The idea that he is pulling a con job on the American people assumes that the American people are fucking idiots. While some are......most of us aren't.

I have questions over the constitutional rights that it may infringe upon. First where does the government get its authority to force people to engage in commerce to remain a citizen in good standing with the government?

The government has the right to regulate commerce. If non-participation in said commerce has an adverse effect on those participating .........then the government can mandate participation. Thus, we have social safety nets that have not been found to be unconstitutional.

Second, what is the origin of debt that requires one person to pay for another persons health care?

Poorly worded question. I'm not sure what you mean. It appears that you don't accept that health care is not the same as buying broccoli. We already pay for the health care of those who don't or can't pay for themselves. This is nothing new.

Thirdly, if one person gets health care from the government for free, and another person is find and charge with a federal offense for not purchasing the same item that the first person gets for free, would that not be a violation of the equal protection clause.

What persons get health care for free? Provided the law is struck down, will these same people suddenly have to pay for there health care? This is the same idea as taxation. The government has the right to tax the citizenry.

The President has not come out, nor has any other liberal, and addressed these three fundamentals questions relating to the constitutionality of this bill. Can you address the questions and explain how these items are not violating the constitution?

You are full of shit. This discussion is ongoing and the POTUS has addressed the matter fully. Nor has any other liberal? Are you really going to say that?

Thanks for taking the time to discuss issues.

Most American's aren't idiots, that is why people from both sides of the aisle called him on his stupid statement.

Where in the enumerated powers of the Constitution does the government have the right to force an American citizen to participate? If government doesn't mandate that everyone has health care, there would be no adverse effect, it is the system already in place.

My second question is a follow up for the first. There is no origin of debt that I can find that should compel one person to pay for another's health care?

My third question is based on the health care passing, there will be Americans that will have their health care paid for by the government and others fined for not purchasing welfare, that is not equal protection under the law and a violation of the Constitution.

I agree.

Amen.

This state is still up in the air. However, Obama has two advantages here in FL at the moment. First, the economy is getting better. Second, the state Republican party is (relatively) unpopular. Housing appears to be bottoming and maybe ticking higher. That helps the incumbent. Tea Party governor Rick Scott was polling at the lowest level in recorded history in FL state politics last year. Don't know what the polls have been saying lately, but there was a backlash amongst the population against many of his policies. And in fairness to governor Scott, he did exactly what he said he'd do and nothing more. But that sullied the Republican brand and the call for austerity. Thankfully for the Republicans, the Democrats are pretty incompetent here statewide, so that'll help them. Plus, if the economy is getting better, people will forget why they were mad about the Republicans in the first place, so that backlash could fade. The wildcard for the Republicans is if Romney picks Rubio. I don't think he will, but if he does, Rubio is very popular and that would tilt the balance towards the GOP.

But Obama will definitely be campaigning here.

Obama hasn't done jack to Florida, we have suffered so bad since Bozo took office, I have never seen so many small businesses shut down at such a rapid pace here. Im not buying any poll that has him ahead. Maybe they should include Jews and Senior Citizens in the poll as well,,they also vote, and in the masses this time around. oh,,and dont forget how Obama gave NASA the snub.

Right now he probably is ahead in Florida and other swing states, but not because Obama is particularly loved. There are two things right now working in Obama's favor:

a) the GOP is split right now so you have a lot of Santorum, Gingrich, and Paul supporters giving attitude saying: "if my man doesn't get the nomination I will vote for Obama or not vote at all in protest" Well only a very small number of those people will actually do that. We saw the same thing in 2008 with Hillary supporters. Once Romney unifies the GOP his numbers will improve.

b) Right now Romney is focused on getting the nomination so he is trying to appeal directly to conservative voters. Therefore, his message will turn away Independents. Once he has the freedom to move back to center he will regain a lot of Independent support and his numbers will improve.

So...let's look at Nevada for example. The RCP Average has Obama up by 6.7. Sounds solid....but consider that Obama is only pulling 49% and 8.7% of the vote is apparently undecided. Now toss in the above two effects and one starts to realize that 6.7 lead is not terribly great news for Obama in that state. That 6.7 will dry up quick once the above two points take place.

In Florida it's even worse. The RCP average has him up by 1.8 with 9.2% apparently undecided and he is averaging 46% of the vote. That's bad news for Obama.

So in reality it's not that people are rallying around Obama. It's rare in those states and others like them for him to poll even at 50%. It's that people haven't yet settled in and become comfortable with Romney as the nominee...and that will change in a couple months.

Patience ferret....patience.

Last edited:

I agree.

:lol:

I must confess, I was kinda curious about that.

I get so annoyed because anything associated with Obama is no good!!! Now it's his wife. As much as I disliked GWB, I really liked his wife and daughters. Actually I don't recall any nasty first ladies.

Are you of the opinion that Hillary was sweet as a southern belle? :cuckoo:

No, but she is not the monster the GOP would like us to believe.

Forum List

Back