Obama's love for the middle class? Now, that's rich

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
Some truths about Obama that the left hopes you don't discover.

Obama's love for the middle class? Now, that's rich: Kevin O'Brien | cleveland.com

It's important that voters understand that the health of the economy is not the driving factor behind the arbitrary presidential declaration of who is middle class and who isn't.

This is entirely about the health of Obama's re-election campaign.

In proposing that tax cuts be retained for anyone at all, Obama is violating a Democratic commandment: Thou shalt not admit the efficacy of lowering tax rates in promoting economic growth.

And speaking of details, let's look closely at a few of the other things President One-Note said during Monday's ramble.

"Many members of the other party believe that prosperity comes from the top down, so that if we spend trillions more on tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, then that will somehow unleash jobs and economic growth."

Many members of the other party believe that because it's true. "Trickle-down" isn't an economic theory; it's an inescapable economic fact. When the top of the economic heap experiences prosperity and growth, it doesn't hoard its capital. Everyone stands to benefit. Conversely, when the top of the economic heap experiences pain, as it has in Obama's economy and as it will to a greater extent in the higher-tax economy Obama proposes, everyone stands to suffer.

And here's a news flash: A host of new and direct government-related costs, including but certainly not limited to Obamacare, are aimed straight at the middle class. They'll be followed by a slew of indirect costs, as businesses pass higher taxes, fees, etc., along to consumers.

Middle class, whoever you are, be warned: All Obama wants is the re-election that only you can give him.

He doesn't mind using you, but he's really not that into you. And if you give him what he wants, he's already planning to walk all over you.

Great article...and ALL very true

I think the PEOPLE have woken up to the community agitator in chief and his thuggish administration

VOTE THEM OUT

I can see valid arguments in this.
However, you cannot tell me with a straight face that Romney cares about the working people barely getting by. America needs policemen. America needs firefighters. Reform the pension system but for gosh sakes dont discuss cutting their numbers or pay as a good thing.
American is the only nation where people want the most service for the least pay. The households where 2 people are slaving away for low wages to barely make ends meet are looked down upon by this country in general. Looked down upon by those making alot of money. Someone has to do the work. Dropping their taxes by a little isnt going to do diddly for their well being. I'm not saying the current Admin is helping either. In essence I dont really see either party interested in the well being of the lower paid people. In the end, the fat cats laugh all the way to the bank.

Forum List

Back