Obama's Likelyhood of Re-election Rising...Thanks Newt!!!!

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
As Gingrich’s fate rises, so does Obama’s

Barack Obama's likelihood of reelection has soared in the last few days to 56.8 percent, the highest it has been since last July. This movement is correlates with Newt Gingrich's increased likelihood of gaining the Republican nomination, now at 29.7 percent, up from about 5 percent

In short, the markets think Obama is more likely to defeat Gingrich than Romney, so when the former speaker's fortunes elevate, so to the president's. Over the last week, Gingrich's likelihood of winning the nomination has climbed from about 5 percent to about 30 percent. Currently, Gingrich is about 39 percent likely to defeat Obama if he makes it to the general election, while Romney is about 44 percent likely to reach the White House.

As Gingrich

Tell me again how the American people would rather have a wingnut for Prez instead of a moderate....:eusa_eh:

Barack Obama's likelihood of reelection has soared in the last few days to 56.8 percent, the highest it has been since last July. This movement is correlates with Newt Gingrich's increased likelihood of gaining the Republican nomination, now at 29.7 percent, up from about 5 percent

In short, the markets think Obama is more likely to defeat Gingrich than Romney, so when the former speaker's fortunes elevate, so to the president's. Over the last week, Gingrich's likelihood of winning the nomination has climbed from about 5 percent to about 30 percent. Currently, Gingrich is about 39 percent likely to defeat Obama if he makes it to the general election, while Romney is about 44 percent likely to reach the White House.

As Gingrich

Tell me again how the American people would rather have a wingnut for Prez instead of a moderate....:eusa_eh:
I forgot who said it....but........Newt Gingrich couldn't carry a swing state if it were made of feathers.

He's 10 points behind Obama, and even Republimussen Reports can't manipulate those polls to Newt's advantage.

All people will be thinking about is "Washington insider", "ethics violations", "cheated on his wives", and "unprincipled lobbyist"

WTF?.......this thread is created at 7:25AM, and it's tagged as "cold" at 7:30?.....who decides what is hot, cold, old, or whatever?

I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR A LONG TIME. But I have yet to get any kind of response from the mods. :eusa_hand:

The only thing I can figure is that it is a con/lib thing. But it sure doesn't bode well for a website that claims to promote fairness. :cuckoo:

Thanks for noticing, by the way.

Romney makes it a sorta tight race..but the house would probably remain Republican with the Senate in play. Personally..I don't think Romney has a shot..once people start really looking at him. He couldn't win a second term as governor..and lost his bid for congress.

But Newt? Now your talking! Congress would go Democrat. And it would be a "landslide" for Obama.

WTF?.......this thread is created at 7:25AM, and it's tagged as "cold" at 7:30?.....who decides what is hot, cold, old, or whatever?

I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR A LONG TIME. But I have yet to get any kind of response from the mods. :eusa_hand:

The only thing I can figure is that it is a con/lib thing. But it sure doesn't bode well for a website that claims to promote fairness. :cuckoo:

You mean there might actualy be a mod who is childish enough to label this "old" because they don't agree with it?

A thread goes cold, I think, when it's only the OP posting in it.

Romney makes it a sorta tight race..but the house would probably remain Republican with the Senate in play. Personally..I don't think Romney has a shot..once people start really looking at him. He couldn't win a second term as governor..and lost his bid for congress.

But Newt? Now your talking! Congress would go Democrat. And it would be a "landslide" for Obama.

You can always hope but I don't think so.

You mean there might actualy be a mod who is childish enough to label this "old" because they don't agree with it?

Trust me on this. Been to a few sites..and the Mods here are pretty fair.

It has to do with whether or not you've already viewed what's been posted or if there are any new posts you've yet to view as well as how many replies, etc...It is explained somewhere here, but I forget where I saw it. If I find the detailed explanation, I'll post it here...

You can always hope but I don't think so.

Feel free to expand on this.

Because it's not only me that feels this way.

yeap its a weird one I have asked about before myself

He didn't win a second term as Governor because he didn't run for a second term. Duh? As for his bid for the Senate? Romney gave Ted Kennedy the closest race ever in the 8 times that Kennedy ran for that Senate seat from Massachusetts. Giving a Kennedy a run for his money in Massachusetts isn't something that happens very often...it's hardly a sign that someone can't run a campaign.

Last edited:

Trust me on this. Been to a few sites..and the Mods here are pretty fair.

NOW they do seem much better than they were a year ago

Nobody "tags" your threads. It's all by the number of views and posts per hour/day average and in big threads like my "The List" it seems to be an average over an extended number of days. You are not being singled out. It changes pretty fast to "hot" if ya get over twenty or so posts and around 50 plus views in one day.

Last edited:

A thread goes cold, I think, when it's only the OP posting in it.

To test this I went back to the politics section. In there was a thread that was started 20 minutes earlier by peach174 entitled "Do Dems even know.....". Not one person has looked or posted in that thread yet it was marked "New". Mine was marked old after 5 minutes.

BTW...I noticed mine is NOW marked "New".

Last edited:

As Gingrich

Gingrich isn't a wingnut, he's just a nut. He's about as conservative as MCain was, but he's a he'll of a lot crazier than McCain.

Forum List

Back