Obama's lies about Libya

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Remember that bloodbath that Qaddafi promised?

In his March 26 radio address, Obama said the United States acted because Gadhafi threatened "a bloodbath." Two days later, he asserted, "We knew that if we waited one more day, Benghazi—a city nearly the size of Charlotte—could suffer a massacre that would have reverberated across the region and stained the conscience of the world." Really? Obama implied that, absent our intervention, Gadhafi might have killed nearly 700,000 people, putting it in a class with the 1994 genocide in Rwanda. White House adviser Dennis Ross was only slightly less alarmist when he reportedly cited "the real or imminent possibility that up to a 100,000 people could be massacred."
But these are outlandish scenarios that go beyond any reasonable interpretation of Gadhafi's words. He said, "We will have no mercy on them"—but by "them," he plainly was referring to armed rebels ("traitors") who stand and fight, not all the city's inhabitants.
"We have left the way open to them," he said. "Escape. Let those who escape go forever." He pledged that "whoever hands over his weapons, stays at home without any weapons, whatever he did previously, he will be pardoned, protected."

Obama's War of Choice - Reason Magazine

In his March 26 radio address, Obama said the United States acted because Gadhafi threatened "a bloodbath." Two days later, he asserted, "We knew that if we waited one more day, Benghazi—a city nearly the size of Charlotte—could suffer a massacre that would have reverberated across the region and stained the conscience of the world." Really? Obama implied that, absent our intervention, Gadhafi might have killed nearly 700,000 people, putting it in a class with the 1994 genocide in Rwanda. White House adviser Dennis Ross was only slightly less alarmist when he reportedly cited "the real or imminent possibility that up to a 100,000 people could be massacred."
But these are outlandish scenarios that go beyond any reasonable interpretation of Gadhafi's words. He said, "We will have no mercy on them"—but by "them," he plainly was referring to armed rebels ("traitors") who stand and fight, not all the city's inhabitants.
"We have left the way open to them," he said. "Escape. Let those who escape go forever." He pledged that "whoever hands over his weapons, stays at home without any weapons, whatever he did previously, he will be pardoned, protected."

This Libyan War is only about Lies. Gaddafi was no threat to our Nation. Gaddafi was no threat to the Region. Gaddafi was not targeting Civilians. They simply made that stuff up. The Western Euros depend on Libya for a lot of their Oil. We just went along for the ride. This is a Libyan Civil War. We have no business bombing & killing any Libyans. This War is unnecessary and unjust.

This Libyan War is only about Lies. Gaddafi was no threat to our Nation. Gaddafi was no threat to the Region. Gaddafi was not targeting Civilians. They simply made that stuff up. The Western Euros depend on Libya for a lot of their Oil. We just went along for the ride. This is a Libyan Civil War. We have no business bombing & killing any Libyans. This War is unnecessary and unjust.

I agree.

I will admit that I went along with the Iraq war. The thing is that Bush took the time to make a case, presented it logically, and waited until he had enough force in the area to accomplish his goals. The problem was that no one thought about what we would do after we got rid of Saddam, and we ended up in a quagmire that has no end in site even now. I learned my lesson, and wanted to see more before we did anything like that again.

Instead I get a president that does exactly what he said Bush did wrong. There was no case made for the need to move in, had no idea what we were trying to do, have no idea what we will do once we accomplish something, and are involved in a quagmire that has no end in site.

Fool me once...

It was just reported on 'Studio B' that a Libyan rebel spokesman is complaing that NATO is not doing its job because too many are getting killed.
So much for preventing massacres'.
What a bag o' worms.......

It was just reported on 'Studio B' that a Libyan rebel spokesman is complaing that NATO is not doing its job because too many are getting killed.
So much for preventing massacres'.
What a bag o' worms.......
Obamaturd's whole presidency has been a bag o' worms.

But these are outlandish scenarios that go beyond any reasonable interpretation of Gadhafi's words.

That's a legit criticism. Crazy as Gaddafi is, I don't remember hearing him or any of his cronies talk about wiping out the entire 700K city or indiscriminately murdering innocent civilians.

On the plus side at least we've seen some other nation aside from our own take the lead even if it was because the Failure in the White House was to busy playing golf.

There will never be a good solution to the ME other then hoping the people there decide to join the rest of the world.

But these are outlandish scenarios that go beyond any reasonable interpretation of Gadhafi's words.

That's a legit criticism. Crazy as Gaddafi is, I don't remember hearing him or any of his cronies talk about wiping out the entire 700K city or indiscriminately murdering innocent civilians.

Still, some level of potential is there. But Obama and NATO strategy won't prevent it if Gadhafi ever becomes hell bent on doing it.
Guess we'll just have to stay tuned as Libyan rebels pushed back, yet again today.

"Protecting the Civilians" is just BULLSHIT. And their "Gaddafi is a threat to the Region" is too. This is a War for Oil. Make no mistake about that.

Forum List

Back