Obama's Leads in most polls shrinking

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
RealClearPolitics - RealClearPolitics Poll Averages

Gallup in paticular is down to only a 1 point lead, while USA todays still has McCain up by 4.

Note USA today polled likely voters, and not just registered ones. Likely voters takes into account peoples past histories of Voting, Wether or not they actually know where their polling place is, and several other factors deemed to show they are likely to actually vote.

Last edited:
Most polls dont take into account newly signed voters and cell only households.... not to mention its still summer... Its vacation time for the young and non infirmed (likely Obama voters) come fall you cats will get a serious shellackin...

Obama's lead just keeps shrinking.

Gallup has it as a dead tie now. USA today still have McCain up by 4.

RCP average of 10 polls now have Obama up by only 2.6

Obama has lost .01 of a point each day for 4 days now.

RealClearPolitics - RealClearPolitics Poll Averages

Gallup Tracking 07/30 - 08/01 2692 RV 44 44 Tie
Rasmussen Tracking 07/30 - 08/01 3000 LV 47 46 Obama +1.0
CNN 07/27 - 07/29 914 RV 51 44 Obama +7.0
USA Today/Gallup 07/25 - 07/27 791 LV 45 49 McCain +4.0
Pew Research 07/23 - 07/27 1241 RV 47 42 Obama +5.0
Democracy Corps (D) 07/21 - 07/24 1004 LV 50 45 Obama +5.0
FOX News 07/22 - 07/23 900 RV 41 40 Obama +1.0
NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 07/18 - 07/21 1003 RV 47 41 Obama +6.0

Most polls dont take into account newly signed voters and cell only households.... not to mention its still summer... Its vacation time for the young and non infirmed (likely Obama voters) come fall you cats will get a serious shellackin...

spinning_top.JPG

My prediction...Kirk is full of donkey shit.

From CBS News.....

On the Republican side, the majority of speculation has increasingly been confined to two men: Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty and former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney. On the campaign trail, McCain has been talking up his longtime friend Pawlenty, and the Minnesotan recently paid a visit to the presumptive Republican nominee's national campaign headquarters in Virginia. Meanwhile, Romney remains in a strong position, in part due to recent polling that shows he could very well put Michigan in the Republican column for the first time since 1988.

From CBS News.....

On the Republican side, the majority of speculation has increasingly been confined to two men: Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty and former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney. On the campaign trail, McCain has been talking up his longtime friend Pawlenty, and the Minnesotan recently paid a visit to the presumptive Republican nominee's national campaign headquarters in Virginia. Meanwhile, Romney remains in a strong position, in part due to recent polling that shows he could very well put Michigan in the Republican column for the first time since 1988.

Well that would be two different people right not just one?

Well that would be two different people right not just one?

Romney remains in a strong position, in part due to recent polling that shows he could very well put Michigan in the Republican column for the first time since 1988.

Do you think McCain wants to win?

Romney remains in a strong position, in part due to recent polling that shows he could very well put Michigan in the Republican column for the first time since 1988.

Do you think McCain wants to win?

I am not going to make a prediction because I can't read MCcain's mind. But you had better hope he picks Romney...

I am not going to make a prediction because I can't read MCcain's mind. But you had better hope he picks Romney...

Why? I think Romney would help McCain tremendously.

Like they said about Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodgers....

"He give her class, and she gives him sex appeal."

Why? I think Romney would help McCain tremendously.

Like they said about Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodgers....

"He give her class, and she gives him sex appeal."

Better you hope your right about Romney, if not you will be USMB's official jackass of 2008...

Oh, yea, like I've never been wrong before.

So is it your position now that you want to recant that MCcain will pick Romney or do you want to say you are some type of freaking Nostradamus?

So is it your position now that you want to recant that MCcain will pick Romney or do you want to say you are some type of freaking Nostradamus?

Romney just seems like the obvious choice.

A younger-looking, handsome, attack dog who can deliver Michigan.

Forum List

Back