Obama's lead over Romney grows

Obama's lead over Romney grows despite voters' pessimism | Reuters

(Reuters) - Americans are increasingly pessimistic about the future but voters do not seem to be holding it against Democratic President Barack Obama, who slightly expanded his lead over Republican rival Mitt Romney this month, a new Reuters/Ipsos poll says.

Three months before the November 6 presidential election, nearly two-thirds of Americans think the country is moving in the wrong direction. Only 31 percent say it is moving in the right direction - the lowest number since December 2011.

But Obama's lead over Romney among registered voters was 49 percent to 42 percent, up slightly from the 6-point advantage the president held a month earlier over the former Massachusetts governor.
<more>

From your link,
The telephone poll of 1,168 adults, including 1,014 registered voters, was taken from August 2 to August 6.

This is a weak poll at best, they even poll people who aren't registered to vote. Certainly didn't give the breakdown to the numbers of R's, D's and Ind's.
Uh-huh...So my gut instinct was pretty much on the mark.

Nothing to see here.

Maybe its Mitts thinking that he doesnt have to fill out his application for the job properly?

Show me where in the constitution it states a presidental candidate has to release his tax returns.

"No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."
Cons support Willard's right to avoid taxes by investing offshore, even though they can't do it themselves ... go figure.

(Reuters) - Americans are increasingly pessimistic about the future but voters do not seem to be holding it against Democratic President Barack Obama, who slightly expanded his lead over Republican rival Mitt Romney this month, a new Reuters/Ipsos poll says.

Three months before the November 6 presidential election, nearly two-thirds of Americans think the country is moving in the wrong direction. Only 31 percent say it is moving in the right direction - the lowest number since December 2011.

But Obama's lead over Romney among registered voters was 49 percent to 42 percent, up slightly from the 6-point advantage the president held a month earlier over the former Massachusetts governor.
<more>

i figure people keep waiting for romney to tell them who he is...

and are finding they don't like who he is.

We had to elect the last president to see who he was, Jillian. :eusa_whistle:

Whatcha mean?

We still have no idea who Obama is...

2016: Obama's America | Official Movie Site

c91d31a4.jpg

<more>

your going to lose this elections or GO DOWN trying to the same tactics you always use

Maybe its Mitts thinking that he doesnt have to fill out his application for the job properly?

Show me where in the constitution it states a presidental candidate has to release his tax returns.

"No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."
Cons support Willard's right to avoid taxes by investing offshore, even though they can't do it themselves ... go figure.
How does it feel having to attack Romney with stupid lies cause you cant defend the truth about Obama?

None of the "lies" matter much to me. I simply don't want Romney the chamelion in office taking away my rights. I'm socially more liberal and also somewhat to the right on many issues but I don't think he will be significantly different EXCEPT in taking away women's rights along with the republican legislature (he will rubber stamp most legislation from them) whereas Obam will veto. I disliked Obama immensely last election but today think he is the lesser of 2 evils for the things I find important.

Maybe the debates will have some influence. Obama is a better speaker and Romney has been for and against most issues during his career. If Obama can make these Romney flipflops an issue in the debates, it may help him. Go on the attack Barack, America's in far better shape than the disaster handed you by Bush, and if the Republicans wouldn't had declared war on you since inauguration day or even sooner, we'd be in even better shape.

Forum List

Back