Obama’s layoff bomb goes BOOM!

The BLS has had soft numbers for years.
For years or forever? All numbers from BLS are estimates except for the Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages and the Injuries, Illness and Fatalities programs. That's the nature of surveys.

No one relies of them for a good year after release.
Well, that's demonstrably untrue. Take a look at the Wall street reactions. And salary and wage adjustments tied to the CPI don't wait a year. In some cases it does take a year or years for final adjustments, but those are usually minor and the data is completely usable, and is used for many calculations, well before any final adjustments.

There are always adjustments, and yes, the adjustments routinely favor democrats around election time.
I'd love to see your evidence for that. Further, how you think that works..why would adjustments based on newer and/or better data favor one party or another?

Anyone who knows the first thing about statistics and data collection will tell you that adjustments are necessary and inevitable. There's zero reason to believe any adjustments are political. Especially under the Obama administration where he's never had a political appointee in charge of BLS.

For years or forever? All numbers from BLS are estimates except for the Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages and the Injuries, Illness and Fatalities programs. That's the nature of surveys.

/SNIP

Well goddamn, lookee at that...

ETA Press Release: Unemployment Insurance Weekly Claims Report

Seems we needed to adjust in another 490,000 out of work - now that the election is over.

Sorry, what were you saying again......

you are incompetent and stupid.

how can a conservative/libertarian be incompetent and stupid? Please
give us a substantive issue about which conservatives are stupid or admit as a liberal you lack the IQ to do so?
Simple for most, ed. They would just have to read your post.

give us a substantive issue about which conservatives are stupid or admit as a liberal you lack the IQ to do so?

/SNIP

Well goddamn, lookee at that...

ETA Press Release: Unemployment Insurance Weekly Claims Report

Seems we needed to adjust in another 490,000 out of work - now that the election is over.
What on earth are you talking about? What do you mean adjust in? Why would last weeks new UI claims mean any adjustment to anything? And it certainly has nothing to do with BLS or the UE rate. You'll have to show me the math here, because so far your most makes no sense.

Last edited:

Which conservatives are stupid?

Wanna talk about Karl Rove who wasted over 300 million dollars on a campaign?

How about we talk about Dick Morris who said that Mittens was gonna win in a landslide?

Got time for FAUX Nooze?

What on earth are you talking about? What do you mean adjust in? Why would last weeks new UI claims mean any adjustment to anything? And it certainly has nothing to do with BLS or the UE rate. You'll have to show me the math here, because so far your most makes no sense.

I'm talking about the amazing coincidence of 490,000 being added to the roles of the unemployed, a mere week after Dear Leader was ushered back into office - precisely as I said would happen, and precisely as you denied.

I'm talking about the amazing coincidence of 490,000 being added to the roles of the unemployed, a mere week after Dear Leader was ushered back into office - precisely as I said would happen, and precisely as you denied.

You said absolutely nothing about Unemployment Insurance Claims, and neither did I. You were talking about BLS adjustments to the data. But yesterday's report was about Unemployment Insurance Claims and has nothing to do with BLS let alone any adjustments to BLS data.

The November Employment Situation (to be realeased Dec 7) will use this week (November 11-17) as its reference week, so anyone Unemployed all this week will be included in the November report. No adjustments.

How did you think the reporting worked and where did you think the data came from?

Re-reading, you seem to think that an increase of 490,000 Unemployed Insurance Claims means an increase in Unemployment of 490,000. That is certainly not the case. It would be helpful if you could explain how you think the UE level and rate are calculated so I know where you're going wrong.

I'm assuming that you are honest and that you would prefer to know the truth than continue in mistaken beliefs.

Re-reading, you seem to think that an increase of 490,000 Unemployed Insurance Claims means an increase in Unemployment of 490,000. That is certainly not the case. It would be helpful if you could explain how you think the UE level and rate are calculated so I know where you're going wrong.

I'm assuming that you are honest and that you would prefer to know the truth than continue in mistaken beliefs.

The "official" unemployment statistics are issued by the Bureau of Labor Statistics based on two data sources: The "Household Survey" conducted by the Census (basis of the "A" table series) and the "Establishment Survey" BLS collects from a sample of state unemployment agency reports (basis of the "B" table series). Both of these are based on samples.

BLS said:
This news release presents statistics from two major surveys, the
Current Population Survey (CPS; household survey) and the Current Employment
Statistics survey (CES; establishment survey). The household survey provides
information on the labor force, employment, and unemployment that appears
in the "A" tables, marked HOUSEHOLD DATA. It is a sample survey of about
60,000 eligible households conducted by the U.S. Census Bureau for the U.S.
Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).

The establishment survey provides information on employment, hours,
and earnings of employees on nonfarm payrolls; the data appear in the
"B" tables, marked ESTABLISHMENT DATA. BLS collects these data each
month from the payroll records of a sample of nonagricultural business
establishments. Each month the CES program surveys about 141,000 businesses
and government agencies, representing approximately 486,000 individual worksites,
in order to provide detailed industry data on employment, hours, and earnings of
workers on nonfarm payrolls. The active sample includes approximately one-third
of all nonfarm payroll employees.

For both surveys, the data for a given month relate to a particular week
or pay period. In the household survey, the reference period is generally
the calendar week that contains the 12th day of the month. In the establishment
survey, the reference period is the pay period including the 12th, which
may or may not correspond directly to the calendar week.

The source of Uncensored2008's data is another part of the Department of Labor outside the BLS called the Employment and Training Administration (ETA) which reports weekly on the number of unemployment claims filed. Since this part of the Labor Department has no information about hiring, it doesn't directly have anything to do with employment statistics.

If you are a real numbers junkie, you can track both, but almost everyone just waits for the monthly data from BLS. Hope that helps.

How about we talk about Dick Morris who said that Mittens was gonna win in a landslide?

Got time for FAUX Nooze?

Please give us a substantive issue about which conservatives are stupid or admit as a liberal you lack the IQ to do so

Notice how as a liberal you lacked the IQ for substance so choze trivia. FYI substance in political matters usually deals with the freedom versus government issue that is reflected in the voting booth. Don't mean to shatter your world.

Last edited:

The "official" unemployment statistics are issued by the Bureau of Labor Statistics based on two data sources: The "Household Survey" conducted by the Census (basis of the "A" table series) and the "Establishment Survey" BLS collects from a sample of state unemployment agency reports (basis of the "B" table series). Both of these are based on samples.

BLS said:
This news release presents statistics from two major surveys, the
Current Population Survey (CPS; household survey) and the Current Employment
Statistics survey (CES; establishment survey). The household survey provides
information on the labor force, employment, and unemployment that appears
in the "A" tables, marked HOUSEHOLD DATA. It is a sample survey of about
60,000 eligible households conducted by the U.S. Census Bureau for the U.S.
Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).

The establishment survey provides information on employment, hours,
and earnings of employees on nonfarm payrolls; the data appear in the
"B" tables, marked ESTABLISHMENT DATA. BLS collects these data each
month from the payroll records of a sample of nonagricultural business
establishments. Each month the CES program surveys about 141,000 businesses
and government agencies, representing approximately 486,000 individual worksites,
in order to provide detailed industry data on employment, hours, and earnings of
workers on nonfarm payrolls. The active sample includes approximately one-third
of all nonfarm payroll employees.

For both surveys, the data for a given month relate to a particular week
or pay period. In the household survey, the reference period is generally
the calendar week that contains the 12th day of the month. In the establishment
survey, the reference period is the pay period including the 12th, which
may or may not correspond directly to the calendar week.

The source of Uncensored2008's data is another part of the Department of Labor outside the BLS called the Employment and Training Administration (ETA) which reports weekly on the number of unemployment claims filed. Since this part of the Labor Department has no information about hiring, it doesn't directly have anything to do with employment statistics.

If you are a real numbers junkie, you can track both, but almost everyone just waits for the monthly data from BLS. Hope that helps.

Oh, I understand it all very well, I was trying to find out what Uncensored believed so I could know where the misunderstanding is.

but dear do you think the conservative philosophy is stupid? If so why?

By always moving toward trivia you are telling us you are a slow liberal. Have you noticed that conservatives are not afraid to talk about substantive issues?

By always moving toward trivia you are telling us you are a slow liberal. Have you noticed that conservatives are not afraid to talk about substantive issues?

Really? Then why were Mittens and Lyin' Ryan so afraid to talk about what they'd actually do with their tax plans?

Really? Then why were Mittens and Lyin' Ryan so afraid to talk about what they'd actually do with their tax plans?

dear, they are just politicians who know that independents decide elections. Can you understand that??

Its like asking why Barry is too afraid to say how proud he was to have two communist parents and to have voted to the left of Bernie Sanders. Over your goofy liberal head??

Forum List

Back