obama's law ruled Americans can be indefinitely detain

Yes you read that right, American citizens can be indefinitely detain by the military. Those who argued that the NDAA did not pertain to Americans citizens I would like to ask if it did not affect American citizens why did a federal judge rule that it does?

A federal appeals court ruled in favor of the Obama administration on Tuesday, extending a temporary emergency extension of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) that was implemented by New York federal judge Raymond Lohier last month after an injunction was issued to hold the act by Judge Katherine B. Forrest.

The act gives the president the authority to indefinitely detain anyone in the world, including American citizens, without due process, for suspicion of supporting al Qaeda or other terrorist groups.

Federal court rules in favor of NDAA - National Government | Examiner.com

obama's law ruled Americans can be indefinitely detain

No matter how many times you and others on the right repeat this lie, it won’t make it true.

Did you even bother to read or comprehend the excerpt from the ruling?

First, in its memorandum of law in support of its motion, the government clarifies unequivocally that, 'based on their stated activities,' plaintiffs, 'journalists and activists[,] . . . are in no danger whatsoever of ever being captured and detained by the U.S. military.'

Second, on its face, the statute does not affect the existing rights of United States citizens or other individuals arrested in the United States. See NDAA § 1021(e) ('Nothing in this section shall be construed to affect existing law or authorities relating to the detention of United States citizens, lawful resident aliens of the United States, or any other persons who are captured or arrested in the United States.').

Third, the language of the district court's injunction appears to go beyond NDAA § 1021 itself and to limit the government's authority under the Authorization for Use of Military Force...

Do you understand what the bolded means?

It means that the court confirms that it was never the intent of Congress to enact legislation authorizing the military to detain US citizens or LPRAs absent due process. It means that the NDAA in no way threatens our civil liberties, per § 1021(e).

So, if you or someone you know is detained by the military, simply cite this ruling and you’ll be released accordingly, or a lawyer provided to you.
Hey dumb ass a Federal Judge Ruled that U.S. Citizens can be indefinitely detain by the military. I would really like to have a debate with a fucking liberal that I don't have to cuss to being so blatant stupid and a fucking hack. JUST HOW GOD DAMN STUPID CAN YOU FUCKING BE?

Yes you read that right, American citizens can be indefinitely detain by the military. Those who argued that the NDAA did not pertain to Americans citizens I would like to ask if it did not affect American citizens why did a federal judge rule that it does?

A federal appeals court ruled in favor of the Obama administration on Tuesday, extending a temporary emergency extension of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) that was implemented by New York federal judge Raymond Lohier last month after an injunction was issued to hold the act by Judge Katherine B. Forrest.

The act gives the president the authority to indefinitely detain anyone in the world, including American citizens, without due process, for suspicion of supporting al Qaeda or other terrorist groups.

Yup, I join with you in saying that NDAA (which Obama signed into law) is an evil FASCISTIC law that points to the fact that this nation has become a national security state.

On this, we AGREE!

Now take a look at who ELSE voted for it, and then explain to me why you are a supporter of the GOP Congresspersons that ALSO voted for that horrible law.

How do you deal with the fact that the GOP and DNC on nearly ALL on board with this nightmare law?

Last edited:

Yup, I join with you in saying that NDAA (which Obama signed into law) is an evil FASCISTIC law that points to the fact that this nation has become a national security state.

On this, we AGREE!

Now take a look at who ELSE voted for it, and then explain to me why you are a supporter of the GOP Congresspersons that ALSO voted for that horrible law.

How do you deal with the fact that the GOP and DNC on nearly ALL on board with this nightmare law?

I know, I have a hard time supporting those Republicans and tea party members that voted for it, even if some of those are pro second amendment.. I'll support even a democrat if he's pro second amendment. because I am not giving up that right even if it cost me my life.

All I can do is take care of the elected Representative I vote for who voted for it's passage.

Bad law.

The only good is that it is limited to supporting of terrorist groups.

Of course anyone here supporting bigrebnc, who can be considered a rather bumbling mumbling stumbling terrorist group all by his lonesome, can now be detained indefinitely.

Bad law.

The only good is that it is limited to supporting of terrorist groups.

Of course anyone here supporting bigrebnc, who can be considered a rather bumbling mumbling stumbling terrorist group all by his lonesome, can now be detained indefinitely.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
idiot+on+board+stupid.jpg

I am glad that you are wearing your yellow sign, bigrebnc. It represents who you are in so many ways.

The Republican and Democratic congresses passed it, so the question is this: do you support the American system.

The wannabee bigrebnc does not.

The Republican and Democratic congresses passed it, so the question is this: do you support the American system.

Jakes a big King George III supporter.
In my opinion with what he writes He would have personally hanged George Washington and Thomas Jefferson if he could.

Unfortunately all he or ANY president has to is declare that is in the interest of National Security....every President can do this.

Unfortunately all he or ANY president has to is declare that is in the interest of National Security....every President can do this.

No not true, not every president could do it.
There is The Posse Comitatus Act that prevented this.

No not true, not every president could do it.
There is The Posse Comitatus Act that prevented this.

Hmmmmm and Lincoln and FDR did what?

Yes people allowed lincoln and FDR to suspend the act.
They stumbled, I wasn't alive then but I am not.

Remind me, bigrebnc, when we elected King George III president?

Jakes a big King George III supporter.
In my opinion with what he writes He would have personally hanged George Washington and Thomas Jefferson if he could.

Yes. Do you support the Romney/Ryan and EVERYTHING they stand for?

Then you support obama's law.
I am not totally sold on Romney, but we must first get rid of the one who signed this monster into law before we can get rid of it.
AND THAT IS A FACT.

And, you think replacing Obama with Mitt Romney will change the law? Based upon what?

I know exactly what we have in obama and will not support the same old shit. We know for certain obama is not going to change anything he did.
No one is sure about Romney changing what obama did.
It's just shear stupidity to be against something and vote for it again.

Forum List

Back