Obama's latest gaffe

My first tendency was to say, well these guys are tired. However, it seems this is nothing new, sort of like Hillary and the snipers. There're links to his speech and more:

http://www.transterrestrial.com/archives/2008/05/its_nothing_new.html

My grandfather signed up for a war the day after Pearl Harbor was bombed, fought in Patton's army. He saw the dead and dying across the fields of Europe; he heard the stories of fellow troops who first entered Auschwitz and Treblinka.

Isn't it entirely possible that he meant stories of the first American troops that eventually entered? Why does that have to mean he was saying that American troops were the absolute first to enter? I'm not even sure why it's being perceived that way. It seems like grasping at straws to me.

I'm not an Obama supporter, but from reading the quote, it seems as if he's saying that his grandfather heard the stories that fellow troops told about Auschwitz....I don't find it terribly bad if he's saying that his grandfather heard these stories. It does lead one to believe that the Americans entered slightly, but I don't think it's near as bad as Hillary's sniper story...:eusa_liar:

Glori, she didn't actually say proud for the first time in her life, and the bitter comments don't bother me, but the way he handled the Wright issue does. I don't think it's a deal breaker for me, nor is his lack of experience.

I just don't know.

I'm not an Obama supporter, but from reading the quote, it seems as if he's saying that his grandfather heard the stories that fellow troops told about Auschwitz....I don't find it terribly bad if he's saying that his grandfather heard these stories. It does lead one to believe that the Americans entered slightly, but I don't think it's near as bad as Hillary's sniper story...:eusa_liar:

Hey, at least she's been in a war zone. ;)

Isn't it entirely possible that he meant stories of the first American troops that eventually entered? Why does that have to mean he was saying that American troops were the absolute first to enter? I'm not even sure why it's being perceived that way. It seems like grasping at straws to me.

It is, it is childish and petty. He has enough problems without making some up.

Even when I agree with your ignorant ass your not happy, go get your momma's scissors, a pretty plastic bag with some tie clamps and go run around in freeway traffic, do us all some good.

But RGS, now you're doing the same thing you accused him of last week.

sigh

You guys are all retards.

Even when I agree with your ignorant ass your not happy, go get your momma's scissors, a pretty plastic bag with some tie clamps and go run around in freeway traffic, do us all some good.

Welcome to the dark side.
c81d17bb.gif

But RGS, now you're doing the same thing you accused him of last week.

sigh

You guys are all retards.

Wrong, he suggested I kill myself. A REAL event,one supported by my current illness, I suggested a scenario that maybe a 5 year old might believe, That YOU can not see the difference is telling indeed.

Wrong, he suggested I kill myself. A REAL event,one supported by my current illness, I suggested a scenario that maybe a 5 year old might believe, That YOU can not see the difference is telling indeed.

No, I'm mystified. I thought he was a dillhole for saying what he did, but I really don't see how what you said is any different. The end result would be the same, correct?

I'm not the assclown that's groping for sympathy and attention on an anonymous message board. That would be YOU. I said what I said quite simply because I do not believe you. And even if I did, I still maintain that suicide is not the product of illness but of a really really really weak mind. And I actually have less respect for those that try and fail than those that succeed.

And one more thing:

The fact that you would even suggest that I, a known contrarian, troublemaking dillhole, that you've never met or know from Adam, could weild enough influence over you to incite you to kill yourself, just confirms for me how deserving you are of all the scorn and ridicule I can muster to send your way.

And even if I did, I still maintain that suicide is not the product of illness but of a really really really weak mind. And I actually have less respect for those that try and fail than those that succeed.

So if I blow smoke in your face and you die of cancer it's because you have a really, really, really weak body, right?

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back