Obama's Latest Comments On North Korea

Lewdog

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2016
Williamsburg, KY
President Obama was recently quoted as saying:

Obama said there “was no easy solution” to the North Korean threat, adding that while the United States “could destroy North Korea with our arsenals” there would not only be humanitarian costs but also a potential impact on South Korea.

and

“They are erratic enough, their leader is personally irresponsible enough that we don’t want them getting close” to obtaining such weapons, Obama told CBS.

Obama: The U.S. 'Could Destroy North Korea,' But Won't

Do you think this was irresponsible of President Obama to say these types of things and basically provoke North Korea and Kim Jong Un into actually doing something?

Obama said there “was no easy solution” to the North Korean threat, adding that while the United States “could destroy North Korea with our arsenals” there would not only be humanitarian costs but also a potential impact on South Korea.

and

“They are erratic enough, their leader is personally irresponsible enough that we don’t want them getting close” to obtaining such weapons, Obama told CBS.

Do you think this was irresponsible of President Obama to say these types of things and basically provoke North Korea and Kim Jong Un into actually doing something?

I heard Obama also say we were shifting our missile defense shield. i.e., AEGIS based destroyers and cruisers. So in effect, he legitimized the threat

-Geaux

and

I heard Obama also say we were shifting our missile defense shield. i.e., AEGIS based destroyers and cruisers. So in effect, he legitimized the threat

-Geaux

Well, they had already had plans on sending I believe 6 THADD systems to South Korea, which China and Russia condemned. These statements however, will definitely give bulletin board material for Jong Un to use to try and gain support for a preemptive strike.

and

-Geaux

Well, they had already had plans on sending I believe 6 THADD systems to South Korea, which China and Russia condemned. These statements however, will definitely give bulletin board material for Jong Un to use to try and gain support for a preemptive strike.

I hope the nut job brings it. Its 3-Oclock school bell for that little shit for brains. Hell, I'm all up for a Seal Team insertion to exterminate Wong hung lows ass

-Geaux

and

-Geaux

I hope the nut job brings it. Its 3-Oclock school bell for that little shit for brains. Hell, I'm all up for a Seal Team insertion to exterminate Wong hung lows ass

-Geaux

I think that would be the best way to go about it. Just send in a Seal team and assassinate him. I think the whole regime would change shortly after that, and it would soon become a totally different country... rather than actually starting a conflict where several thousand lives would be lost.

If NK even partially as smart and ready as SK no one is going to sneak in there and do anything. Koreans' are top notch and work so hard. Kids to adults, very impressive. Would take missle strikes if you know where nutjob is, maybe that would do job?

If NK even partially as smart and ready as SK no one is going to sneak in there and do anything. Koreans' are top notch and work so hard. Kids to adults, very impressive. Would take missle strikes if you know where nutjob is, maybe that would do job?

I'm not real sure that it would be impossible. A lot of North Korea's stuff is Cold War Era stuff that has been updated. I'm sure they could find some weak area along one of North Korea's borders and fly a chopper in there and make an assault... otherwise a nice drone strike would work as well.

I was in SK few times for work not military. I berm to Seoul border. I no expert but I always thought if SK not doing it? Who could? And if SOB hides out like Sadaam? Lot of military sitting on both sides of border, some visible. I don't know? I do know the people smart and work hard, no complaints. Lots of USA mingled in IMHO. They very respectful, know who saved them. Old timer cried thanks to me at WC soccer stadium visit.

I was in SK few times for work not military. I berm to Seoul border. I no expert but I always thought if SK not doing it? Who could? And if SOB hides out like Sadaam? Lot of military sitting on both sides of border, some visible. I don't know? I do know the people smart and work hard, no complaints. Lots of USA mingled in IMHO. They very respectful, know who saved them. Old timer cried thanks to me at WC soccer stadium visit.

I guess you haven't done very much research on North Korea. The people there are literally brainwashed from birth. I really recommend you watch some Youtube videos about North Korea and do some reading about it. Did you know that North Korea is the ONLY country in the world that actually has government policies on committing human trafficking? Yeah...and just recently Kim Jong Un came out and told the people of the country to get ready to starve in order to make sure the troops get fed. That's insane. Here is an article about Jong Un's lavish lifestyle... while the people of his country suffer.

UN records show Kim Jong-un's $645 spending on luxury items

Waste? Sorry that about each week of BHO funraiser, golf, vacation, oarties and boondoggle and USA $19+T debt w no end in sight, no plan. Borrow soend waste, the BHO way. Dont make me angry this late!

How could the seal team do it? They would all be twice as tall as the North Korean midgets. Now how about an all female seal team posing as a film crew, or posing as a starlet entourage. Why not shower the country with visa gift cards or install a free satellite over the country and free cell phones. Hell why not just buy the country?

Waste? Sorry that about each week of BHO funraiser, golf, vacation, oarties and boondoggle and USA $19+T debt w no end in sight, no plan. Borrow soend waste, the BHO way. Dont make me angry this late!

Huh? $716 Million is one week of waste in the U.S.? I'm confused?

You do realize that the GDP of North Korea is only between $11-$15 Billion? So $716 Million there is nothing to sniff at, especially when there are people there starving so badly that some have even started to become cannibals rather than die.

Cannibalism Reported in Famine-Stricken North Korea

Forum List

Back