Obama's lasting legacy

gallantwarrior

Gold Member
Jul 25, 2011
On my own 200 acres of the Frozen North
Who would have thought that the most likely legacy that Obama will have inspired would have originated in the realm of taxonomic designation?
Yep, an admiring scientist named his newly discovered organism after Obama. And the taxonomic designation is a double honor because it encompasses both genus and species! So, it won't be just one humble creature bearing Obama's name, it will be all subsequent related animals that will fit into that specific genus. What creature is this, one might ask, it is Baracktrema obamai! Should all his other efforts at establishing some legacy fail, this one will last.
Scientists name new species of flatworm after President Obama | Fox News

Who would have thought that the most likely legacy that Obama will have inspired would have originated in the realm of taxonomic designation?
Yep, an admiring scientist named his newly discovered organism after Obama. And the taxonomic designation is a double honor because it encompasses both genus and species! So, it won't be just one humble creature bearing Obama's name, it will be all subsequent related animals that will fit into that specific genus. What creature is this, one might ask, it is Baracktrema obamai! Should all his other efforts at establishing some legacy fail, this one will last.
Looks like a tapeworm (Taenia solium) to me.

Looks like a tapeworm (Taenia solium) to me.
Similar enough. I was laughing so hard, I almost couldn't communicate with the flight crew I was departing. Too bad the press is ignoring this because it really could be Obama's only lasting legacy.

Forum List

Back